49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 816 users in the forums

Sammie Coates-WR-Auburn

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by DJamhour:
http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2014/07/auburns-sammie-coates-tops-number-one-bruce-feldmans-annual-football-freaks-list/#.VJnJjDAJQ

Coates reported numbers by his coach

Jesus that's crazy. But still, as we know all too well from the past being a physical freak does not mean you'll be a good NFL player. (Taylor Mays and Vernon Gholston anyone?).

Did he ever get a sack?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by DJamhour:
http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2014/07/auburns-sammie-coates-tops-number-one-bruce-feldmans-annual-football-freaks-list/#.VJnJjDAJQ

Coates reported numbers by his coach

Jesus that's crazy. But still, as we know all too well from the past being a physical freak does not mean you'll be a good NFL player. (Taylor Mays and Vernon Gholston anyone?).

Did he ever get a sack?

Nope lol
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by DJamhour:
http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2014/07/auburns-sammie-coates-tops-number-one-bruce-feldmans-annual-football-freaks-list/#.VJnJjDAJQ

Coates reported numbers by his coach

Jesus that's crazy. But still, as we know all too well from the past being a physical freak does not mean you'll be a good NFL player. (Taylor Mays and Vernon Gholston anyone?).

Did he ever get a sack?

Nope lol

I'm not going to say these great athletes should never play in the NFL. But these types are really 6th/7th round picks/UDFAs that should be making their mark on special teams to make the 53 or on a practice squad to develop some type of skills. Maybe by year 3, you'll have a contributor, or at least a career special teamer.
Does Sammie Coates return kicks?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM ]
Never mind lol
I like Coates
[ Edited by sameoldkhakis on Dec 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,828
Coates sure is fun to watch, Auburn was on TV alot, He stood out

Not sure what his 40 is, but his game speed is fast! Has size and strength too
Originally posted by cools:
Coates sure is fun to watch, Auburn was on TV alot, He stood out

Not sure what his 40 is, but his game speed is fast! Has size and strength too

Hand timed it was 4.16 apparently
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Wasn't Cordarrelle Patterson a playmaker? I remember the hype for him on this board coming out. Being a "playmaker" does not give you a first round grade. Ty Montgomery is another playmaker. Would you pick him in the first?
If I think that he will continue to make plays on the next level, why not? the higher the round, the higher the expectation about the player.
IMO, first round guys are guys that are either once in a generation types, the dominant player at their position, very few flaws in their game while having elite talent/measureables, or no real faults in their game while posing great talent/measurables, and impact players at positions like QB or pass rusher (the positions that can instantaneously change a team around).
once in a generation types are picked within top10 if not even top5, imho.

You say it: posing great talent. If a team thinks that he is posing a great talent, he will be picked early.
As for Odell Beckham, I honestly do not ever remember him being ranked that low and I'd question any site that did. I always saw him as a mid teen to early 20s first round pick, which is why I had some hope that we could trade up and get him. If he was legitimately in the 40s, which means far outside of the first round, the Giants would've gotten slammed for reaching that much. I don't remember any of that happening.
IIRC, he was ranked relatively low pre-combine. He jumped during the off-season.
Has anyone seen his YouTube video with the little girl with cancer? Great watch and awesome person he is. I want him a Niner even more so now after seeing that
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Hand timed it was 4.16 apparently

LOL...what the f**k ever.


Dem Auburn stopwatches must be like dem University of Florida stopwatches.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,006
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Has anyone seen his YouTube video with the little girl with cancer? Great watch and awesome person he is. I want him a Niner even more so now after seeing that



Yes. I saw it on ESPN.

Coates Shares Special Bond With Auburn Fan: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12040641
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 31, 2014 at 12:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Hand timed it was 4.16 apparently

LOL...what the f**k ever.


Dem Auburn stopwatches must be like dem University of Florida stopwatches.

Tbh
Tricky to evaluate Coates given the system he played in and the quarterback he played with.

Same goes for Duke Williams.

That said, I like them both as potential 2nd round prospects.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,006
Highlight Tape




Originally posted by DeUh:
Highlight Tape





Nice find DeUh
I really want us to trade up for this kid in the second
If hes still there
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone