LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

If We Traded Up...

If We Traded Up...

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
What CB or WR rookies would make an immediate impact? Gilbert, possibly, but even with his skills, like any rookie he'll have a ton to overcome. Baalke doesn't draft for starters any more...because he doesn't have to. He'll be drafting for depth and potential future starters. What rookie WR would have an impact? Hard to say, but I'd like Adams', Matthews' chances because of their extensive college experience and production. That said, how much PT do you think they'll get behind Boldin, Crabtree & Patton? Most likely not much, unless there are some injuries.

That is a great point, but we do have a glaring hole for our 3rd CB in the nickel. We also are missing a burner in the slot/3rd WR set. I think if we can draft a player who can vertically stretch defenses like Moss used to do, our offense will be set.
I think Baalke is going to remian conservative and drafts for depth at more important positions, or for some of our FA coming up next year, but I really hope he drafts a rookie that we can see step into a role and prove he deserves a starting spot like Reid did.
I wouldn't put it past Baalke to trade up though seeing how deep this years draft is,
I'm hoping we go either Gilbert/Fuller for our first pick then follow up with somebody like Cooks or Moncrief...

That would make me a happy camper.
I think WR is out of the question until our 2nd pick in light of recent developments. Get Dennard or Gilbert because we're going to need them to grow up real quick. At 43, if Beckham is still there I'd be happy. Too many teams are drafting WR early to throw out names like Evans, Cooks, Benjamin. If it were me, I'd love to see CB CB.

We really need to hit at least once in the 3rd round as well. Can't be deep enough at CB.
Gilbert is what we need now more than ever. I think there is no way we go WR with the first pick. The WZ dream of WR is over. Culliver ended it.
Originally posted by jbeale49:
I think WR is out of the question until our 2nd pick in light of recent developments. Get Dennard or Gilbert because we're going to need them to grow up real quick. At 43, if Beckham is still there I'd be happy. Too many teams are drafting WR early to throw out names like Evans, Cooks, Benjamin. If it were me, I'd love to see CB CB.

We really need to hit at least once in the 3rd round as well. Can't be deep enough at CB.

I really could see CB, CB at this point. First 2 picks. Then maybe Safety or WR or D Line.
Share 49ersWebzone