There are 153 users in the forums

If We Traded Up...

If We Traded Up...

If Dennard or Gilbert fall past Pittsburgh to 19, I can see the Dolphins being a prime trading partner. If they are gone, I think that Kyle Fuller could be a nice fall back option, and we probably wouldn't have to go up as high to get him .
Evans is the target.
LOL at anyone who thinks the 49ers will trade up for Watkins....dream on.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The Mighty Phoenix has spoken.

I don't think they will trade up for Watkins. But I can dream. Until he is taken in the draft. "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one".... John Lennon
[ Edited by Kezar1965 on Mar 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM ]
Trading down isn't out of the question.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Since07.

Him and Clowney were more for fun than to be taking serious.
Originally posted by strickac:
Evans is the target.

I agree if he starts falling in the teens I think we do what we did with Eric Ried
LEE. You have to really like Dennard to move up. I think you can get at least one of Fuller/Roby/Verret at 30. There is nobody like Lee at 30.
I mean if you wanna throw away this draft, next years draft, and the draft after that, by all means, trade up to number 2 for Watkins...

IMO the earliest draft slot in the first round that the FO try's to get, (trade up to), would/could be the Giants at # 12... And That would take some major draft picks in exchange ....our #1, our early # 2 and a possible # 4.... I would guess if we saw one of our "targeted" players we might do that...other wise we wait and see what develops later in round # 1
^Id give our 1st 2nd 4th for the 12th pick for Gilbert maybe even Evans
I'd guess we are likely to trade up. If it is for Evans, than I'd certainly be concerned about getting crabs deal done next year. I'd like to get Gilbert or Dennard, whoever slips but if baalke has his eye on someone then it won't be about 'if' he slips, he's going to go get him.

[b]
^ Very true
Evans. He has the potential to #1 but at worst he's a really good #2. Boldin could hold down the slot. Evans would become our future at WR. I would like us to resign Crab, buty the end of Boldins deal we would have a terrific tandem at WR. It would be absolutely ridiculous to see Boldin, Evans, and Crab outmuscle secondaries and literally catch every ball thrown their way.

s**t. Now I want us to trade up for Evans. Although I like Lee more but such a physical core of WOs would effectively neutralize the Seattle secondary, and then we would just have worry about Kaep throwing into traffic. Not that would really matter with Evans just imposing himself in the act of catching.

I wonder if Evans physique could've pushed through Shermans coverage and plucked the ball out of the air.

One can dream.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone