There are 660 users in the forums
After it's all said and done, who do u want in the 1st?
Browse 49ers books and videos
After it's all said and done, who do u want in the 1st?
Feb 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM
- 3rdandGore
- Veteran
- Posts: 10
I like Gilbert, I don't really see the need for a 1st rd receiver if Boldin resigns and Kaep doesn't go through multiple progressions. I like Gilbert would be nice or Tuitt keep that D-line stacked then look at like TE Colt Lyerla in the 7th big, physical, decent blocker and terrific hands dropped for character issues VD could be a great mentor. Extend Harbaugh!!!
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM
- btthepunk
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,342
Evans, Cooks, Tuitt, Gilbert, Denard, Pryor.
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,345
Originally posted by 3rdandGore:
I like Gilbert, I don't really see the need for a 1st rd receiver if Boldin resigns and Kaep doesn't go through multiple progressions. I like Gilbert would be nice or Tuitt keep that D-line stacked then look at like TE Colt Lyerla in the 7th big, physical, decent blocker and terrific hands dropped for character issues VD could be a great mentor. Extend Harbaugh!!!
This b******t again. Someone using a buzz word without understanding what the heck they are talking about.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM ]
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM
- Jesu80ncleats
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,527
Jordan Mathews!
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM
- WRATHman44
- Staff
- Posts: 16,955
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 3rdandGore:
I like Gilbert, I don't really see the need for a 1st rd receiver if Boldin resigns and Kaep doesn't go through multiple progressions. I like Gilbert would be nice or Tuitt keep that D-line stacked then look at like TE Colt Lyerla in the 7th big, physical, decent blocker and terrific hands dropped for character issues VD could be a great mentor. Extend Harbaugh!!!
![]()
![]()
This b******t again. Someone using a buzz word without understanding what the heck they are talking about.
SERIOUSLY, right? Despite the fact that we occasionally run layered route combinations (allowing him to read 2-3 routes/coverages at the same head angle), the fact that pre-snap reads often indiate that he should throw away from formational strength to an isolated WR (see also: must change stance and body angle to see other receivers), and the fact that we see video evidence EVERY GAME of Kap's eyes (or, more frequently helmet) shifting between receivers 2-3 times in one play (indicating that he has looked at 3-4 receivers), we STILL get zoners regurgitating crap from national "analysts," who do not closely study the 49ers, who often have not played or coached the game, and who are often simply parroting someone else. The groupthink is pathetic and disgusting. Escape the hivemind, Zoners! FLEE THE MATRIX!!!!!!