LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

After it's all said and done, who do u want in the 1st?

After it's all said and done, who do u want in the 1st?

Jason Verrett.
CB Justin Gilbert, if he somehow falls into the late teens/20-range, I think we pull an Eric Reid and move up.

At worse, we get a poor-man's Patrick Peterson -- hyper athletic cornerback with great return-skills.

At best, we solidify our defensive backfield with solid, young talent: Eric Reid, Tramaine Brock, Chris Culliver, and Justin Gilbert
  • cools
  • Veteran
Im going with Cooks, Hands to catch Kaps rocket balls, ability to get off the line, speed and agility to take it to the house anytime he gets the ball,
Biletnikoff Award

Should be a perfect compliment to Boldin and Crabs, and eventualy take over for Boldin as starting flanker
I think someone really good will fall. However if the best DBs and Marquise Lee are gone, I think we should try to trade down to pick up some extra picks. We can still land two good receivers (there are too many too miss IMO this year) and acquire extra picks to maneuver around elsewhere or trade for future picks in 2015.
There are too many good CBs on the free agent market for me to see us taking one in the 1st.
Also Carradine and Williams come back this year so I think going d line 1st round is a waste.

We lack an offensive playmaker, Boldin and Crabs are our security blankets, we need someone that can stretch the field and demean attention from a secondary.
If Vernon was a WR he would be perfect.
I want somebody that has that presence on the field, somebody like an AJ Green or Julio Jones
To me, the closest WR to them is either Watkins or Robinson.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
STEPHON TUITT, DT ,NOTRE DAME

Seconded
If not Gilbert then TUITT
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If we stay at #30 then Tuitt, if we trade up then I want Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans

I just don't see Tuitt lasting till the end of the 1st, as dominant he is with his size 6'6" 320....no way.
CB – Marcus Robinson, 6-0, 195lbs, Florida.

Dennard, Gilbert, and possibly Verrett will be long gone - in that order - by the time we pick. And I'm not a fan of trading up unless it's for Gilbert, and even then it'll cost too much.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 17, 2014 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Dennard, Gilbert, and possibly Verrett will be long gone - in that order - by the time we pick. And I'm not a fan of trading up unless it's for Gilbert, and even then it'll cost too much.

So you think 3 corners will go in the 1st with also Roby being rumored in? I could see that, considering the can of worms that Seattle has created and teams trying to shut down these passing attacks!

If that happens, Roberson could go at 30, but I would see a trade back at that point to grab him.

Easy. Kyle Fuller.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I think Verrett will fall to us due to size...much like Cooks will fall to us, or Joyner. These guys are "flawed', but great players. I like this kind of guy.
Justin Gilbert. Would start at CB and be a great return threat. Then trade LMJ for a pick
I want Landry in the first round. Hopefully we also pick Moncrief in one of the early rounds also. I think that would be an awesome tandem, jarvis landry and donte montcrief. Plus, if gives us leeway should we not want to pay crabtree or boldin for 2015 and 2016 seasons. I think patton, landry, and montcrief would make a solid wr core, and would be good for the future. Plus, we could probably get them both with early picks and still get a top safety or cb with one of our high picks.
Benjamin or Cooks. Best of the big WR, or best of the fast ones. Would happily sh!t a porcupine if we were also able to land Moncrief in the 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone