LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Heitmann or Baas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I watch every niner game. Aside from many outside factors, from what I saw on one v one matchup between center and d tackle I come away thinking Baas is superior than Heitmann.

Now that Heitmann is comming off another major leg injury. Do you think it is in the best interest of the Niners to resign Baas to start at center next year? Regardless of the CBA.
I definitely think they need to resign Baas as he is solid at all 3 interior OL positions. I am thinking Heitmann resumes his role as starter, unless harbaugh decides to go younger. At this point, I am fine with either.
yes, heitmann has been a good player but age and injuries make him expendable.
baas.
Bass with Heitmann a reserve.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Bass with Heitmann a reserve.
Baas
the one that doesnt start at center needs to start at RG so chilo can chase butterflys or pick flowers while hes not on the field
i say baas but the niners need to look for a future player to play that postition. Cody wallace doesnt look to factor in the near future
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Neither, draft Pouncey's little brother from Florida. Worked out good for Pitt, rookie made pro bowl.

Originally posted by JDog:
Neither, draft Pouncey's little brother from Florida. Worked out good for Pitt, rookie made pro bowl.

With the 7th pick?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Baas
Heitmann. Don't really understand the love affair with Baas. Maybe as a guard but I feel Heitmann is a better center.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CrunchE:
Originally posted by JDog:

With the 7th pick?

You see him rated that high? I thought he a 4~5th. I think he looks good, but hasnt got same attention his brother did.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Heitmann. Don't really understand the love affair with Baas. Maybe as a guard but I feel Heitmann is a better center.

I have no confidence that Heitmann can return to 08 form after his second major leg injury. That and I don't recall the same madness I experienced in 09 to this year with pressure right up the middle.
Share 49ersWebzone