LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's pretty crazy that technically the 49ers are still in the race to win the division. I hope it happens but do I think it happens? Probably not, unless Troy Smith is the real deal and somehow pulls this teams head out of its ass and starts playing some real football. It would be nice if the Defense would step up as well. The INT to win the game against the Broncos. Sadly it was a crappy Broncos team that had lost 4 straight before we beat them. Will I take that win? You bet your ass I will. I guess I'm just trying to keep myself from being heartbroken by my team for an 8th straight season.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
4 way tie is looming. Don't stop.......believin!

Seahawks 4 4 0 L2
Rams 4 4 0 W1
Cardinals 3 5 0 L3
49ers 2 6 0 W1

BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

5 division games left.

ALOT of football left.

we finish the yr 6-2 we make the playoffs.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Seahawks 4 4 0 L2
Rams 4 4 0 W1
Cardinals 3 5 0 L3
49ers 2 6 0 W1

BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

5 division games left.

ALOT of football left.

so you expect a team that went 2-6 in the beginning of the season to magically go 6-2 for the second half of the season?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I think the final dagger has been put in our coffin. Not getting rid of Singletary over the bye is going to come back to haunt us as soon as... Week 10.

no point in firing Sing now, Better to wait till the end of the season

This week
SEA plays the Giants at home ARI on the road in MIN pretty good chance they both lose while SF and SL have a bye so after this week

SEA 4-4
SL 4-4
ARI 3-5
SF 2-6

next week SEA @ ARI and SL @ SF
if ARI and the Troy 49ers win

SEA 4-5
SL 4-5
ARI 4-5
SF 3-6

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I think the final dagger has been put in our coffin. Not getting rid of Singletary over the bye is going to come back to haunt us as soon as... Week 10.

no point in firing Sing now, Better to wait till the end of the season

This week
SEA plays the Giants at home ARI on the road in MIN pretty good chance they both lose while SF and SL have a bye so after this week

SEA 4-4
SL 4-4
ARI 3-5
SF 2-6

next week SEA @ ARI and SL @ SF
if ARI and the Troy 49ers win

SEA 4-5
SL 4-5
ARI 4-5
SF 3-6

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Best case scenario after week 11

Week 9 Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6 This would be a best case fantasy case.

This is what I have been alluding to. Our divisional foes have some tough opponents the next three weeks. We take care of business, we could feasibly be in the running with a losing record by the end of those three weeks.

Then we would be @ AZ for Monday Night Football!

Thank goodness for this crappy division.

2 weeks away from a 4 way tie for the NFC WEST

Well the first part of the best case scenario worked out. Week 10 is the toughest of all to line up. #1 we have to win and that scares me and #2 Az over the Seachickens will be tough but I still believe.

One week down and we are still only two 1/2 games back! Still, one game at a time with a positive outlook for our future. We all know that Coach S is gone at the end. We all know that the same goes for Alex. So, why not enjoy some wins, we have two in the last three.

Now we have a chance to continue with the Rams in OUR house. We play better here and we have had a chance to rest, rejuvenate and rally together as a team. I see a great opportunity now. It starts Sunday!

Seattle looks to have some serious issues at QB and LT, while AZ has them at QB, too. The Rams issues are the lack of talent surrounding Bradford. We have to take away Jackson and have him beat us on 3rd and longs. Out of the three, the Rams seem to be more of the threat to us. That is why this game on Sunday is so huge!

It's the schedules for the rest of our divisional foes that brings some hope. Out of the three, Seattle and St. Louis have tough games against NO, KC, and Atl still. AZ seems to have the easier schedule even with Dallas. There toughest game seems to be against @KC and @SF after losing @Min. They are the ones we have to beat twice to win this, not the Rams and Hawks.

It just may come down to the last game against AZ at home. I have thought that after this bye week.

It may be 8-8 to squeak into the playoffs.

Again, thank God for this weak division!

Still, one game at at time on any given Sunday!!!!!
What was the prediction through 7 games: 2-5? We are now 2-6 so we've really only lost 1 more game than we thought we would.

Let's hope we go on a tear. The defense has played well the past 3 games so it seems they have finally got their feet grounded. That side of the ball has been creating turnovers.

Now, if only our offense doesn't keep f**king up.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What was the prediction through 7 games: 2-5? We are now 2-6 so we've really only lost 1 more game than we thought we would.

Let's hope we go on a tear. The defense has played well the past 3 games so it seems they have finally got their feet grounded. That side of the ball has been creating turnovers.

defense cant survive without the Offense.

Last week the Defense looked pumped after scoring and making plays on offense.
Dont worry guys, we'll drop at least 2 more divisional games.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Seahawks 4 4 0 L2
Rams 4 4 0 W1
Cardinals 3 5 0 L3
49ers 2 6 0 W1

BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

5 division games left.

ALOT of football left.

so you expect a team that went 2-6 in the beginning of the season to magically go 6-2 for the second half of the season?

We aren't too far removed from being 6-2 right now.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Joecool:

defense cant survive without the Offense.

Last week the Defense looked pumped after scoring and making plays on offense.

That usually is the case.

Seahawks 4 4 0 L2
Rams 4 4 0 W1
Cardinals 3 5 0 L3
49ers 2 6 0 W1

BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

5 division games left.

ALOT of football left.

Holy crap, Batman! This division should be dismantled.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM ]

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6

This is what I have been alluding to. Our divisional foes have some tough opponents the next three weeks. We take care of business, we could feasibly be in the running with a losing record by the end of those three weeks.

Well the first part of the best case scenario worked out. Week 10 is the toughest of all to line up. #1 we have to win and that scares me and #2 Az over the Seachickens will be tough but I still believe.

One week down and we are still only two 1/2 games back! Still, one game at a time with a positive outlook for our future. We all know that Coach S is gone at the end. We all know that the same goes for Alex. So, why not enjoy some wins, we have two in the last three.

Now we have a chance to continue with the Rams in OUR house. We play better here and we have had a chance to rest, rejuvenate and rally together as a team. I see a great opportunity now. It starts Sunday!

Seattle looks to have some serious issues at QB and LT, while AZ has them at QB, too. The Rams issues are the lack of talent surrounding Bradford. We have to take away Jackson and have him beat us on 3rd and longs. Out of the three, the Rams seem to be more of the threat to us. That is why this game on Sunday is so huge!

It's the schedules for the rest of our divisional foes that brings some hope. Out of the three, Seattle and St. Louis have tough games against NO, KC, and Atl still. AZ seems to have the easier schedule even with Dallas. There toughest game seems to be against @KC and @SF after losing @Min. They are the ones we have to beat twice to win this, not the Rams and Hawks.

It just may come down to the last game against AZ at home. I have thought that after this bye week.

Oh 8-8 will be a playoff team hell 7-9 might take the division

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6

Oh 8-8 will be a playoff team hell 7-9 might take the division

I think the Rams will get 8 wins. So we need at least 8 with either a head-to-head tiebreaker or better division record and/or conference record.
We should be 6-2!!

Week 1- We just flat out sucked vs seatte. However we make that goal line pass that alex smith threw over our guys head that could have changed the game. So we will count that as a loss

Week 2- Saints...we killed the up and down the field but turned it over like 3 times inside the 30. Delanie walkers before half was huge. Should have won 1-1

Week 3- Kansas City outplayed us period. 1-2

Week 4- Nate Clements fall down. 2-2

Week 5- Alex smith doesnt fumble vs the eagles we probably win that game. 3-2

Week 6- Win vs raiders ugly. 4-2

Week 7- Hate to say it but if alex smith doesnt get hurt we probably win...david carr blew it for us. 5-2

Week 8- Win vs broncos. 6-2!

FML happens every year
Share 49ersWebzone