There are 219 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
For the record, Whitehurst has 5 yards passing through the first quarter.

Beast mode.

He's doing much better now: 7/14 for 37 yards and 2 INTs -- including one in the red zone.

A QB rating of 16!
  • mod
  • Veteran
if we are tied for the division lead at 5-6
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
The remaining 8 games, theres NO ONE that scares me..

You're delusional.

There's one team in each of those 8 games that should scared you, and it's the one you're rooting for.

mike singletary? is that u?

If I was Mike Singletary, David Carr would be released, Nate Davis would be on the 53, Alex Smith would be a backup for the rest of his 49ers career, Chilo Rachal would be long gone, Randy Moss would have been signed, Manusky would be forced to blitz, and the offense would open up because I'd abandon the 1985 approach in 2010.

So, no, I am not Mike Singletary.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
if we are tied for the division lead at 5-6

How would 4-7 and FIRST PLACE feel then? It's possible...
I swore I wouldn't say this....I said I wouldn't get sucked back in this year but..............with AZ having lost, Seattle on the brink of being raped I think a win next week followed by a win by AZ against the seachickens and we'll be one game behind. Then come the up and coming bucs....while the other three NFC West teams play tough opponents we can technically be tied for 1st place in three weeks...awkward I know but I do feel this is now possible. NEXT WEEK WILL BE HUGE!!!!!!! Thoughts? Should I just cancel my zone membership? Do y'all believe ???

Or should I just focus on the Lakers?????
We
Believe!!!!!!!
this Was the plan all along......now we have them right where we want them.

The division is still ours for the taking, thank you Jed York.
The remaining 8 games, theres NO ONE that scares me..

You're delusional.

There's one team in each of those 8 games that should scared you, and it's the one you're rooting for.

mike singletary? is that u?

I don't think that's quite what he meant by that.
So if Arizona at home beats Seattle next week.. and we beat the Rams... we'll be.. one.. game.. out?

Seattle (4-5)
St. Louis (4-5)
Cardinals (4-5)
49ers (3-6)

That's so bad, although great for us, it's hilarious.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Best case scenario after week 11

Week 9 Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6 This would be a best case fantasy case.

This is what I have been alluding to. Our divisional foes have some tough opponents the next three weeks. We take care of business, we could feasibly be in the running with a losing record by the end of those three weeks.

Then we would be @ AZ for Monday Night Football!

Thank goodness for this crappy division.

2 weeks away from a 4 way tie for the NFC WEST

Am I the only guy that keeps thinking would a, should a, could a about the first five losses of the season? The one I have the hardest time getting over is the lost to ATL. The game was so in the bag with the Clement int. As he ran to the endzone all I remember saying was, "please don't fumble, please don't fumble." Sure enough, like a repeat of the season before, R.White pulls a Nate Clement and we lose.

Seriously, one or two wins in those close games and it's a totally different season.......

P.S. The Niners scare me more than any other team left on our schedule. You just dont know what your going to get from week to week. And I just dont think Sing is competent enough to put together 8 weeks of quality game planning.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 7, 2010 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Best case scenario after week 11

Week 9 Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6 This would be a best case fantasy case.

This is what I have been alluding to. Our divisional foes have some tough opponents the next three weeks. We take care of business, we could feasibly be in the running with a losing record by the end of those three weeks.

Then we would be @ AZ for Monday Night Football!

Thank goodness for this crappy division.

2 weeks away from a 4 way tie for the NFC WEST

Well the first part of the best case scenario worked out. Week 10 is the toughest of all to line up. #1 we have to win and that scares me and #2 Az over the Seachickens will be tough but I still believe.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Am I the only guy that keeps thinking would a, should a, could a about the first five losses of the season? The one I have the hardest time getting over is the lost to ATL. The game was so in the bag with the Clement int. As he ran to the endzone all I remember saying was, "please don't fumble, please don't fumble." Sure enough, like a repeat of the season before, R.White pulls a Nate Clement and we lose.

Seriously, one or two wins in those close games and it's a totally different season.......

P.S. The Niners scare me more than any other team left on our schedule. You just dont know what your going to get from week to week. And I just dont think Sing is competent enough to put together 8 weeks of quality game planning.

Exactly... the carolina and atlanta games are tough pills to swallow. If we win those two games we're tied for 1st. FFMFMMLLLLL
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arminini:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Exactly... the carolina and atlanta games are tough pills to swallow. If we win those two games we're tied for 1st. FFMFMMLLLLL

Yep. This is why all the talk about us being in contention for the division again sucks. Now I'll get my hopes up, just because I keep reading it and it'll worm it's way into my brain like a Taenia solium parasite.

It's exactly what happened in every game we lost by three or less. I go in with no expectations, prepared to lose. Then the b*****ds get my hopes up, only to shatter them in the most brutally heart wrenching fashion possible in the final seconds.

Emocide watch for me.
4 way tie is looming. Don't stop.......believin!

Seahawks 4 4 0 L2
Rams 4 4 0 W1
Cardinals 3 5 0 L3
49ers 2 6 0 W1

BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams