LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule12:
We should be 6-2!!

Week 1- We just flat out sucked vs seatte. However we make that goal line pass that alex smith threw over our guys head that could have changed the game. So we will count that as a loss

Week 2- Saints...we killed the up and down the field but turned it over like 3 times inside the 30. Delanie walkers before half was huge. Should have won 1-1

Week 3- Kansas City outplayed us period. 1-2

Week 4- Nate Clements fall down. 2-2

Week 5- Alex smith doesnt fumble vs the eagles we probably win that game. 3-2

Week 6- Win vs raiders ugly. 4-2

Week 7- Hate to say it but if alex smith doesnt get hurt we probably win...david carr blew it for us. 5-2

Week 8- Win vs broncos. 6-2!

FML happens every year

could've should've would've...
NFC West

Reality: The 49ers can still win the NFC West. It's not a great shot -- we have it pegged in our postseason odds report at 25.2 percent -- but there are reasons to think the 49ers have a serious chance at taking the NFC West. The Niners' Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA) ranks 17th in the league and is well better than the Rams (25th), Seahawks (29th) and Cardinals (31st). The 49ers are 0-4 in games decided by a touchdown or less, and that isn't likely to recur in the second half. Their schedule over the final eight games is the second-easiest in the NFL, and while the Cardinals have the easiest slate the Niners are a superior team.
Originally posted by valrod33:
NFC West

Reality: The 49ers can still win the NFC West. It's not a great shot -- we have it pegged in our postseason odds report at 25.2 percent -- but there are reasons to think the 49ers have a serious chance at taking the NFC West. The Niners' Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA) ranks 17th in the league and is well better than the Rams (25th), Seahawks (29th) and Cardinals (31st). The 49ers are 0-4 in games decided by a touchdown or less, and that isn't likely to recur in the second half. Their schedule over the final eight games is the second-easiest in the NFL, and while the Cardinals have the easiest slate the Niners are a superior team.

I still believe it will come down to the last game of the season at home against AZ for the division.

Just a wild guess!
Originally posted by ninertico:
NFC West

I still believe it will come down to the last game of the season at home against AZ for the division.

Just a wild guess!

I am not so sure it will have to do with the Cardinals though. I am guessing either SEA or STL will be wanting us to lose to make it as a winner in the division. But it all starts this Sunday, where if we have any shot at the playoffs, is an absolute must-win.
NFC West

Good post. I'm happy to roll with any odds of making the playoffs at this point.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
NFC West

Good post. I'm happy to roll with any odds of making the playoffs at this point.

that was from ESPN. i cant take credit for that
Is your optimism rising?
were alive!!!
Is your optimism rising?

Gotta sweep the rest of division games and hope them to loose.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Is your optimism rising?

We can only lose one game from here on out at most.

And I'm already saying that loss is going to come against the packers.

Rodgers is going to have a career setting day against our secondary.

But if we wine every other game, we should be fine.

Seattle Seahawks 5-4
St. Louis Rams 4-5
San Francisco 49ers 3-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-6

Next Week's Schedule:
SEA AT NO
ATL AT STL
TB AT SF
AZ AT KC

Honestly, I could see every team losing but if all goes like planned we could game one game on the whole division. Possibly making it:

Seattle Seahawks 5-5
San Francisco 49ers 4-6 (tiebreaker over STL)
St. Louis Rams 4-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-7

If we don't beat ourselves we should have a great shot at beating the Bucs. What are the chances that we play a clean game for once though? Think we have had 1 maybe 2 all season (OAK, maybe DEN).

Then again if everyone loses we should be alright. Still, all it takes is us to lose and the rest of the teams to win and it could be over.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Is your optimism rising?

We can only lose one game from here on out at most.

And I'm already saying that loss is going to come against the packers.

Rodgers is going to have a career setting day against our secondary.

But if we wine every other game, we should be fine.

im worried about next week first
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Seattle Seahawks 5-4
St. Louis Rams 4-5
San Francisco 49ers 3-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-6

Next Week's Schedule:
SEA AT NO
ATL AT STL
TB AT SF
AZ AT KC

Honestly, I could see every team losing but if all goes like planned we could game one game on the whole division. Possibly making it:

Seattle Seahawks 5-5
St. Louis Rams 4-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-7

If we don't beat ourselves we should have a great shot at beating the Bucs. What are the chances that we play a clean game for once though? Think we have had 1 maybe 2 all season (OAK, maybe DEN).

Then again if everyone loses we should be alright. Still, all it takes is us to lose and the rest of the teams to win and it could be over.

The Bucs are playng damn good football right now. It will be tough. If we do win, I could easily see us gaining a game on the division!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Seattle Seahawks 5-4
St. Louis Rams 4-5
San Francisco 49ers 3-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-6

Next Week's Schedule:
SEA AT NO
ATL AT STL
TB AT SF
AZ AT KC

Seattle Seahawks 5-5
St. Louis Rams 4-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-7

The Bucs are playng damn good football right now. It will be tough. If we do win, I could easily see us gaining a game on the division!

I think we clobber the Bucs next week!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Seattle Seahawks 5-4
St. Louis Rams 4-5
San Francisco 49ers 3-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-6

Next Week's Schedule:
SEA AT NO
ATL AT STL
TB AT SF
AZ AT KC

Seattle Seahawks 5-5
St. Louis Rams 4-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-7

I agree, in no way am I overlooking the Bucs. Freeman to Benn with Blount is a pretty dangerous trio. Freeman doesn't make much errors, so the defense is gonna have to be on top of their game.
Share 49ersWebzone