LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings Off Season Thread**

Originally posted by Joecool:
I will post this here since I was too lazy to look for a general NBA season thread.

Only Kobe and Lebron put up 20-5-5 this year. We already know the company Tyreke is in with rookies who have 20-5-5. Now, if this guy improves in terms of controlling a game like the other two, where do you, even non-Kings fans, see the Kings in 2 more years?

Has a team with a player near the top 5 caliber in the league ever been bad? Do you see the Kings challenging for the Finals in two years because that's what usually happens to teams when they get a guy who can control the game like Evans can?

If we get a star rookie next to Reke or one of the big names in the offseason we could probably make a deep playoff run NEXT year IMO.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I will post this here since I was too lazy to look for a general NBA season thread.

Only Kobe and Lebron put up 20-5-5 this year. We already know the company Tyreke is in with rookies who have 20-5-5. Now, if this guy improves in terms of controlling a game like the other two, where do you, even non-Kings fans, see the Kings in 2 more years?

Has a team with a player near the top 5 caliber in the league ever been bad? Do you see the Kings challenging for the Finals in two years because that's what usually happens to teams when they get a guy who can control the game like Evans can?

Deep playoff run? Doubt it. Have a chance at the 7th or 8th seed? maybe.

If we get a star rookie next to Reke or one of the big names in the offseason we could probably make a deep playoff run NEXT year IMO.
Just got back from the Tyreke press conference. I'll post some pics soon. Pretty awesome.
Sorry if some are blurry. Just using my basic digital cam. Cleaner presentation at my site with article/quotes.... LINK

Dude, SacRock, that is awesome
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Dude, SacRock, that is awesome

THIS! So awesome.

Congrats Reke we knew you'd do it!
Awesome Tyreke!!

Very well deserved. Tyreke Evans made watching Kings games bearable this year. It's nice as a Kings fan to know that we definitely have something to look forward to in watching Tyreke continue to grow and help lead this team back to where they were in the early 2000's.

67-43 on first place votes compared to Curry. Closer than I expected but Curry deserves all the credit in the world for a tremendous rookie season as well. Hats off to him and I'm excited to see what the future holds for him as well. I hold no animosity towards the Warriors so I hope we can eventually see some great playoffs series between these two players and these two teams.
Congrats to Tyreke, he deserved it. We Kings fans were pretty bummed when we lost out at the lottery last year but I guess it turned out alright for us.
if we do not get a top 4 pick i say we trade it for a Proven SG or shotblocker

I like SG Andre Iguodala he wants out of Philly and he is a great dunker and has proven defensive skills and a good jumpshot/

But he does not demand the ball so Tyfreak can still do his thing
What would the ideal off season be for the Kings?

Originally posted by ninerfan21:

IMO...

1. Get Evan Turner
2. Get a solid PG prospect in round 2 (Willie Warren, Eric Bledsoe, Jerome Randle)
3. Get Chris Bosh (dreaming)

Udrih-Evans-Turner-Landry-Bosh with...
Rookie-Greene-Casspi-Thompson-Hawes

The first two could happen. Bosh is a pipe dream. Realistically, I'd love to see us make a play for a big FA. But if it doesn't happen, I'd rather make a smaller splash and save some money, than overpay a mediocre FA (i.e. Haywood).
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

IMO...

1. Get Evan Turner
2. Get a solid PG prospect in round 2 (Willie Warren, Eric Bledsoe, Jerome Randle)
3. Get Chris Bosh (dreaming)

Udrih-Evans-Turner-Landry-Bosh with...
Rookie-Greene-Casspi-Thompson-Hawes

The first two could happen. Bosh is a pipe dream. Realistically, I'd love to see us make a play for a big FA. But if it doesn't happen, I'd rather make a smaller splash and save some money, than overpay a mediocre FA (i.e. Haywood).

the ting about Bosh is that he is not a shot blocker

I would rather have Amare Stoudamire who is a beast.

1) Draft SG Evan Turner
2) Draft 2nd round PG
3) Pick up Stoudamire

Evans-Turner-Greene-Landry-Stoudamire
Beno-Garcia-Casspi-Thompson-Hawes
Rookie PG- Brockman

I would love Haywood
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I would love Haywood

I think Haywood is going to be overpaid. You look at a guy like Gortat who got the full MLE (5 years, 33 mill). Haywood will at least get that, and I wouldn't be interested.

Haywood will be 31 next season. I don't see him breaking out. He's a decent role player, but I'd feel just as good watching JT develop or drafting a cheaper rookie.
Just an idea my friend and I were kicking around today...

Say the Kings fall to 4th/5th/6th in the draft. Would you deal the pick to Portland for Greg Oden and #22?
Share 49ersWebzone