There are 241 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings Off Season Thread**

Discuss
Ok
What is there to discuss? That ROY will be stolen from Reke, we'll get the worst pick possible(5th or 6th), etc? I have hope we'll do well in the draft but nothing ever seems to go our way.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What is there to discuss? That ROY will be stolen from Reke, we'll get the worst pick possible(5th or 6th), etc? I have hope we'll do well in the draft but nothing ever seems to go our way.

this

Well hopefully like last year, we may get the wost spot possible but come away with the best player
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

Well hopefully like last year, we may get the wost spot possible but come away with the best player

Seriously. Memphis decided that they'll take Thabeet instead, and OKC said, "nah, I'd rather have JAMES FREAKING HARDEN next to Westbrook in the backcourt instead of Tyreke Evans." (that f**kin' kills me) I'd say that was a pretty big break.

As for what the Kings should do...

1) Don't overpay. This is a seller's market since there are a ton of teams with cap space. Just because you have cap space doesn't mean that you have to spend it. This free agent class isn't nearly as good as people are making it out to be. There are a handful of top guys, but almost no mid-tier guys. Hold on to your money and use it to pry a good player away from a team that's trying to create cap space via trade.

2) Draft Ed Davis. He's going to be a very good defensive player in the league, and has the size that you guys lack in terms of wide bodies. If not him, try to trade down and take Ekpe Udoh. Evans is a ball-dominant player (and deserves to be), and you need off-the-ball talent to compliment him.
I hear the fishing in NoCal is fantastic!!!!
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

And you are a fan of???
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Seriously. Memphis decided that they'll take Thabeet instead, and OKC said, "nah, I'd rather have JAMES FREAKING HARDEN next to Westbrook in the backcourt instead of Tyreke Evans." (that f**kin' kills me) I'd say that was a pretty big break.

1) Don't overpay. This is a seller's market since there are a ton of teams with cap space. Just because you have cap space doesn't mean that you have to spend it. This free agent class isn't nearly as good as people are making it out to be. There are a handful of top guys, but almost no mid-tier guys. Hold on to your money and use it to pry a good player away from a team that's trying to create cap space via trade.

2) Draft Ed Davis. He's going to be a very good defensive player in the league, and has the size that you guys lack in terms of wide bodies. If not him, try to trade down and take Ekpe Udoh. Evans is a ball-dominant player (and deserves to be), and you need off-the-ball talent to compliment him.

Yeah I'd obviously like for us to get a guy like Stoudemire or someone but that's probably not happening, Sac is a small market. We might luck into someone depending on how the big chips fall(Bosh/Johnson/Wade/Stoudemire/Bron etc. who goes to NY who stays put or whatever).

I wouldn't mind Ed Davis but we got Landry and JT up front and I'm not sure we're ready to give up on JT, and also if we get a pick in the top 3 would that be too high for Davis considering Cousins/Turner/Wall would be there. If we get #1 I want to trade back, Wall doesn't fit well with Tyreke considering they're both ball dominant and a lot of teams would probably pay a good price for Wall. I like Turner's all around game but I'm not sure he'd fit well either since he doesn't shoot it well and we need shooters.

And you are a fan of???

The LAKERS

And you are a fan of???

The LAKERS

Wait I thought you were a Nuggets and rockies fan? Or is that someone else? Either way I don't care, I know my team sucks and I just hope we get better soon because it sucks ass to lose.

Hopefully they are generous to us this year. The ping pong balls weren't to nice last year but i doubt anyone here is really going to complain with who we ended up with. Looking forward to seeing how this offseason will play out.
edit: nevermind
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Apr 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Ed Davis? In the top 3-4? I could see the possibility if we were drafting a few picks later but I'd guess we'll be looking at Cousins and Favors where we expect to be.
A cool read from JT's blog. http://fullcourtpress.kingsconnect.com/archives/6151

I love his attitude. The way he finished the season and the way he dedicates himself to getting better, I'm sure he'll come back stronger next season.

Some of the excerpts...

Quote:
Some coaches will coach real well during the game but you don’t have that much of a relationship with them outside of practices and games. Coach Westphal, though, from the beginning of the year, has opened the door for anybody. So we talk to him rather than saying it in the paper, to another coach or player, and letting the word out that way. He’s real straightforward with us, so for the most part our end of the season meetings weren’t things that are that much of a shock to hear, because if you talk to someone like that on a consistent basis you know what’s going on.

He’s a player’s coach.

Quote:
This summer Shareef is going to come out to Philly with me. We’re going to take a 40-minute drive out to Princeton to meet Coach Carril, and for about two weeks we’ll work out together. The coaches aren’t just helpful in Sac, but everywhere — we’re like a family all over the country.

In May, I’m going to head out to visit Omri in Israel for a week. Then, Dontè is going to come with Francisco and me, and we’re going to go to the Dominican Republic for a week in July. Later in the summer, I’m going to France for a little bit, so I’m going to do some traveling outside of the country and just go on vacation. The only time I’ve been outside of the country was to China for basketball, so my trips will be more for just relaxing and pleasure — I’m just going to try to enjoy myself.

Quote:
Looking ahead to Vegas Summer League, I don’t know if I’ll be playing this year. We’ll see, but I will be in Vegas to work out with the guys and meet some of our new players because that’s just how I am – always team-oriented and want to know guys early on rather than later.

Quote:
What stands out about this season was just how loyal the fans were.

I really enjoy being in Sacramento. Hopefully, I’m here in 10-plus years when I retire, but you never know because it’s a business. The fans are loyal whether I’m in ARCO, at an appearance, out on the street or shopping or something like that — fans are real respectful and real loving. Even though our year was up and down, they were always there for us. It makes it exciting for me to work even harder this summer because if we have a shot to make it to the Playoffs, we know how crazy Sacramento can be.

I just love the fans.
Share 49ersWebzone