LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

Draft Spiller and then trade Gore to the Chargers

With Gore, Chargers instantly become a Super Bowl contender. Norv Turner would probably give up a 1st round fore Gore. But let's say we get a 2nd and 3rd and invested them into our lines and back field next season, we become young and a strong contender for years to come. Spiller/Coffee + picks doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. But if we just draft spiller without trading Gore, what do we do with Coffee because he has no value.

If we get a first, then we have 2 firsts again in 2011
[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Mar 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM ]
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
With Gore, Chargers instantly become a Super Bowl contender. Norv Turner would probably give up a 1st round fore Gore. But let's say we get a 2nd and 3rd and invested them into our lines and back field, we become young and a strong contender. Spiller/Coffee + picks doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. But if we just draft spiller without trading Gore, what do we do with Coffee because he has no value.

Smoke Dope & Rap.
get ready for the flames
Or how bout we draft spiller, use him as a harvin/hester type, and when gore hangs em up, spiller can step in full time?
No on trading Gore to the Chargers.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Or how bout we draft spiller, use him as a harvin/hester type, and when gore hangs em up, spiller can step in full time?

Do you really see Spiller as an every down back?

But I have to say, this thread is not the brightest. Why would anyone pay a first for Gore, or pretty much any second hand back? Why would we trade a near-Pro Bowl calibre proven commodity to acquire an unproven scat back?

So as it is no for both sides, forget it.
Gore gets no respect from some of ya. That makes me a saaaad panda.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
go away

Can we trade you to the Chargers for one of their fans??? I'd do that in a heartbeat.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
With Gore, Chargers instantly become a Super Bowl contender. Norv Turner would probably give up a 1st round fore Gore. But let's say we get a 2nd and 3rd and invested them into our lines and back field next season, we become young and a strong contender for years to come. Spiller/Coffee + picks doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. But if we just draft spiller without trading Gore, what do we do with Coffee because he has no value.

If we get a first, then we have 2 firsts again in 2011

spiller is the f**king most overrated player on this board probally ever he isnt top 15 talent maybe top 20 but i can easily name 15 players better than him in this draft if he came out last year i dont even think he would be drafted over beanie wells and last year was an even weaker RB class

I dont get why Frank Gore cant get any respect. I just dont get it. Spiller is not an everydown back in the NFL
Share 49ersWebzone