LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Would You Welcome T.O. Back to the 49ers?

Would You Welcome T.O. Back to the 49ers?

T.O Doesn't Rule Out a Return to the 49ers...

Quote:
"Maybe to remove the curse, they have to put me back in that uniform," he said, only half-joking, from Buffalo, where he noted he had signed a one-year deal.

Quote:
Owens had softened his stance and sounded nostalgic about his time with the 49ers. He credited Jerry Rice and former receivers coaches Larry Kirksey and George Stewart for helping mold the ambitious but raw wide receiver who arrived from Tennessee-Chattanooga in 1996.

"Along with Jerry Rice, those two guys alone have been so instrumental in what I've become today," Owens said. "No one seems to know that or give them the credit, and I put in a lot of hard work. But without those two guys coaching me, striving and instilling in me the things that it takes to be successful, I wouldn't be where I am today."

Owens also said he would be open to finishing his NFL career in the city where it began. He recently said he would like to play at least two more seasons.

"I wouldn't want to go back just to, you know, put on a uniform just to end my career there," he said. "If I came back, I know I'm capable of playing this game at a high level. I would be instrumental and would want to be instrumental in whatever they're trying to strive to do in that organization."

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 13, 2009 at 01:01:32 ]
I would. But only at a bargain deal.
T.O. and Crabtree

i just jizzed
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Absolutely. He hasnt caused trouble in Buffalo (at least I havent heard it) despite being thrown to like, 10 times in the first 10 games. I would buy his jersey again.
lock him in for 2 years. Gore, Crabtree, Davis & Owens

let Morgan be the 3 and return kicks.. and solidify that Oline, pass rush, and saftey spot during FA and draft
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
T.O. and Crabtree

i just jizzed

You jizzed at Lloyd and Wilson.
For the love of god yes..

his attitude was never something you loved, but i think Sing definitely proved he knows how to reach those type of personalities on a player level, rather than a coach level like Parcellis or a friend level like Phillips...if Nolan were still here, no...TO would not fit on this team at all..

having Owens, Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis...we would have the best overall starting rotation of receivers in the league..secondaries would NEVER be able to run base packages, and would never be able to double cover either Owens or Crabtree...

so as i stated, jesus christ if he wants back in and for a good price, DO IT
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
T.O. and Crabtree

i just jizzed

You jizzed at Lloyd and Wilson.

i also jizzed at Cody Pickett
NO. I hate what he did to our organization/quarterback. I know most receivers are divas but he is in a league of his own. He has ruined locker rooms and relationships with all his QB's. He is not what he used to be. I know most of you will disagree, but why should we take him back when he disrespected our whole organization. Screw you T.O.! You have no class and dont deserve to put on the red and gold.

Now everybody is gonna bash me.....
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
NO. I hate what he did to our organization/quarterback. I know most receivers are divas but he is in a league of his own. He has ruined locker rooms and relationships with all his QB's. He is not what he used to be. I know most of you will disagree, but why should we take him back when he disrespected our whole organization. Screw you T.O.! You have no class and dont deserve to put on the red and gold.

Now everybody is gonna bash me.....

I agree, I voted NO.

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 13, 2009 at 01:21:11 ]

This guy set a bulk of his records in S.F., and since he's going to retire a 49er we should give him a shot. -You guys wanna dig up all the horrible crap from the past, but T.O. is an amazing player, and he could seriously bring great council to our young receiving core.

T.O. may still be T.O., but you can tell the Dallas incident really humbled him, and playing under Singletary will only make him a better player to go out as in the end.

The past is the past, Jesus Christ imagine Alex Smith's spread with T.O., Crabs, and Davis... JESUS CHRIST... that's f**king nuts.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 13, 2009 at 01:23:04 ]
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
I don't think TO was the problem in Dallas--they've sucked without him until they discovered Miles Austin.

TO has always worked hard, and he's always loved playing physical.

I actually think he would be a good fit for this team now. If he were willing to sign for the same salary as what we paid for Isaac Bruce (about $2.5 million) I'd be all for it.

That would give us some amazing firepower on offense.
Heck yeah! T.O. should retire as a 49er! He broke records here and started his great career here. He would be a great teacher Crabtree and Morgan! Since he left the 49ers never been the same at all. I say sign him for two years and let him retire as a 49er and lift the curse ofcourse lol.
Owens had his part in the destruction of this organization. He's left a path of destruction on every team he's been on. I LMAO every time I see his butthurt body language on the field.

And now we're close to being a playoff caliber team again and you guys want him back?

It'll take more than some token kind words about the team that drafted him after he pissed all over the team once to convince me that would be a good idea.

He hasn't caused too much strife in Buffalo but the honeymoon isn't quite over yet. But I can see it starting when I watch Bills highlights. Remember it was all rainbows and daisies in Philly and Dallas too for the first year. Look how that turned out.

Not on board, sorry. That ship has sailed out to the middle of the ocean and sank.

Not to mention we have all the dropped balls that we can handle.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 13, 2009 at 01:36:30 ]
Come home T.O!
Share 49ersWebzone