By: Robert Davis | Updated: 10/5

1. Jake Locker, Washington, Jr.

2. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, Jr.

3. Colt McCoy, Texas

4. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss, Jr.

5. Tim Tebow, Florida

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/prospects/qb.html

The NFP Super 30

1. QB Jake Locker, Washington (6-3, 226)
The nation’s top quarterback prospect.

2. S Eric Berry, Tennessee (5-11, 203)
One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years. Looks like an instant impact player in the NFL.

3. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (6-4, 298)
A disruptive force inside who plays with a great motor and consistently finds the football.

4. OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (6-6, 312)
Might be coach Kirk Ferentz’s best offensive lineman prospect yet.

5. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (6-4, 302)
His combination of length, body control and burst make him a big-time threat rushing the passer.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-NFP-Super-30.html

SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32

1. Carlos Dunlap* DE Florida 96
2. Sam Bradford* QB Oklahoma 96
3. Gerald McCoy* DT Oklahoma 96
4. Eric Berry* S Tennessee 96
5. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska 95
6. Jake Locker* QB Washington 95

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft
nfldraftcountdown has the seahawks picking him in the first round, second qb taken after bradford goes #1 to rams
I think Sarkisian having him take snaps from under center has really helped him. He seems to have all the leadership tools as well. Prior to this year he was just Tim Tebow West, but Sarkisian has definitely helped his pro stock.
Jake Locker is good but he's really reckless.

I still think he's better than Bradford, though. I just wonder if you want to draft a QB from such a losing college (I know it wasn't his fault they lost so many games but still).
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Over the past few months, I've grown a big-time appreciation for the work Wes Bunting does for National Football Post. He is their NFL Draft analyst and does a good amount of original work throughout the week.

Today, he released his top 30 prospects. Tops among them is Washington quarterback Jake Locker. While Locker has looked good in three games, how many people thought so highly of him before the season? As a freshman he was very inconsistent and he had a broken wrist as a sophomore.

This isn't the first time Locker has been getting highly touted this season. Southern California coach Pete Carroll has been singing Locker's praises lately. ESPN's Chris Mortensen thinks Locker could be the No. 1 quarterback taken if he returns of his senior year. There was also word making the rounds among writers Saturday that a lot of NFL scouts are impressed by Locker.

For me, it's just a little too early to have Locker so highly ranked. In fact, in my preseason top 100, Locker isn't even ranked. The biggest reason for that is because Locker was coming up such a down year in 2008.

Injuries aren't the only reason. I have doubts about how fast Locker can read defenses. Because of this deficiency, he is sometimes late on throws and inaccurate. He also has the tendency to panic when the blitz is on and not step into the natural pocket in front of him to make a throw. Here's a tip if you watch Locker -- keep an eye on his feet. The best quarterbacks have their feet planted almost always. Locker tap dances around too much.

Still, there is plenty to like about Locker. He has a very good arm and solid athleticism. You also can't knock his toughness. Most other quarterbacks would have sat out last season. I might not think Locker is the best player in the nation right now, but he has the tools to get there.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/9/23/1052103/jake-locker-shocking-choice-as-no
Please stay #1 and and drafted by the Rams...................
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I was not impressed when I saw Locker play against Stanford in person.

Stanford doesn't exactly have world beaters in their secondary either.

This QB class sucks.

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 7, 2009 at 23:49:05 ]
Somebody on College Game Day said Locker looked like a future #1 overall pick, so I watched him play Notre Dame.

I did not come away impressed at all. In fact, I thought Clausen was the best QB in that game.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Somebody on College Game Day said Locker looked like a future #1 overall pick, so I watched him play Notre Dame.

I did not come away impressed at all. In fact, I thought Clausen was the best QB in that game.

And that's saying something since Clausen is really the reincarnation of Rick Mirer.
He should probably stay and play his Senior year.

Originally posted by teeohh:
nfldraftcountdown has the seahawks picking him in the first round, second qb taken after bradford goes #1 to rams

How would the Rams sign him? they just tied up a bunch of money in bulger's extention.
Originally posted by Overkill:

it's probly because he has "ideal size" and has a "canon for an arm" and is a "good athlete for a QB" and has a lot of "potential"

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Locker has progressed tremendously in the Sark area. There are actually three ex-QB coaches on the staff and he's has really made huge strides.

That said, aside from his size and athletic skills, he has limited time under center. Plus, they're still working on his mechanics. He still has some footwork issues and he tends to force throws. Some of his passes still sail and he has to learn to throw the ball away and look off receivers. He's really gotten lucky on a number of his throws that his receivers went up and took the ball away from the defender. James Johnson has been a godsend to him.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Yeah it worked out well for Lienart.
Share 49ersWebzone