LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Allen Rossum Released [Update 11/01]

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Put Rossum back in.

Battle muffed a near fumble

All Rossum did was muff one and was ordered to do that whatchamacallit play to Clements.

didn't rossum muff like 4 kick off returns so far?

and if the outside is not open, he isn't going far, the entire cover team could abandon the middle of the field and he would still head to the sidelines
Originally posted by jimbagg:
It wasn't reported, but I thought that Rossum hurt a hand during the Minnesota game. That may have triggered the Battle as PR and Robinson/Walker as KR situation versus the Rams. I don't sense that Rossum's roster spot is in danger, but I could be wrong. I like Rossum. He is sure-handed and can turn 1 missed tackle into a TD at any time, as he has showed 2 weeks ago.

Jason Hill had to be activated to take the injured Reggie Smith's place on the ST coverage units. Brandon Jones needed to see some reps at game speed, and so he replaced the unproductive Spurlock on the active list.

If Crabtree signs, Spurlock could be the guy who loses his job on the 53-man roster. Spurlock was cut by Tampa Bay! What has Spurlock really done in SF? Don't tell me, show mw. But maybe Rossum is also a candidate to be cut to make room for Crabtree.

Crabtree would likely be inactive at least until after the bye. Maybe the club could get a special roster exemption for the first week after he signs, so no cuts would be needed until the bye week.

In a perfect world we would get a roster exemption no way we get it though. I would prefer that Rossum get the ax it's apparent watching him this season that he's done IMO.
they benched him cause crabtree's first roll with the team is kr and pr!
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

I doubt that happens.

-9fA
Originally posted by 49erWill:
he is our best returner

anyone hear if he's going to be active this week or not? I believe if he is not he will be relased once Crabtree needs to be added to the roster.
Reading the NINERS web page it states he was out with a illness. Maybe the H1N1? Maybe they're just saying he is sick to keep the fans from knowing he's benched. Who knows.We need him back for K/O-Pnt returns.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

Singletary said in the press conference that he needs to learn the offense before he does any special teams. I like that approach figure out what routes he can run effectively now utilize them, work him in slowly over the 1st couple games and increase it from there. I wouldn't expect Crabtree to be returning kicks anytime this season.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Put Rossum back in.

All Rossum did was muff one and was ordered to do that whatchamacallit play to Clements.

and if the outside is not open, he isn't going far, the entire cover team could abandon the middle of the field and he would still head to the sidelines

agreed. which is why we need to take a serious look at the returners in next years draft. rossum is a solid returner but we need at least a jacoby jones; earl bennett type wr/kick returner in next years draft in the later rounds that could make plays on their own

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Oct 8, 2009 at 00:30:23 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Put Rossum back in.

agreed. which is why we need to take a serious look at the returners in next years draft. rossum is a solid returner but we need at least a jacoby jones; earl bennett type wr/kick returner in next years draft in the later rounds that could make plays on their own

Maybe they should give Spurlock or Hill a shot.
Is rossum injured or was he simply benched? If Rossom is healthy I would like to formally request his return as a fan to the kick off and punt return duties as soon as possible.

Originally posted by fister30:
Is rossum injured or was he simply benched? If Rossom is healthy I would like to formally request his return as a fan to the kick off and punt return duties as soon as possible.

He was left off the active roster. I agree that he should be back there returning kicks for us. There is absolutely zero chance to run one back with Battle/Robinson/Walker handling the kicks. There is no speed to make something out of nothing, too.

I second your formal request to reinstate Rossum, all in favor say aye.
Originally posted by ImMikeHunt:

aye.

Delanie is too slow.

-9fA
Originally posted by ImMikeHunt:

aye

all people hating on rossum stop he is clearly the best we have and he is not that bad but i do agree we should not sign him next year and pull an Al davis and get the fast guy in the draft in the mid round next year
I said it in another thread that Spurlock should be deactivated and put Rossum back in if he is truly healthy. If he is Healthy its another "oops" by Sing and company. I think even though he lost a step he possible could have helped out with field position and ball security.
Share 49ersWebzone