There are 214 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

I agree we have problems on both the O-line and D-line (They should be top priority) but honestly if somehow the 49ers have a shot at Micheal Crabtree, WE NEED TO DRAFT HIM!!! I can just picture Crabtree on the other side of Josh Morgan for years to come! IT COULD BE A MATCHUP NIGHTMARE! Lets face it, our current WRs don't exactly scare opposing defenses. We haven't had that type of player since T.O.

Your thoughts?

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 7, 2009 at 16:28:11 ]
Would be great if we had a QB to throw to him or an OL to allow time for a QB to throw to him. We need to update other ares first
Originally posted by AC49er:
Would be great if we had a QB to throw to him or an OL to allow time for a QB to throw to him. We need to update other ares first

If the best player in all of College football is available. You take him. The best WR in NCAA history. He's still breaking records set by seniors in only his sophomore year.

A team like us with no #1 WILL take Crabtree if he's available. We'd be the most retarded team in the league if we didn't.

Posted in a thread about how the Tennesse Titans built with defense and a playmaker or two on offense. We can shore up this team in both the draft and FA, but we have to do it right. Can our GM get the right players to make us great? That remains to be seen. We needed production now. And we drafted players that could take years to develop in Balmer and Rachal. That's not smart drafting. They may be good players, but we don't have time to wait. You don't draft players to develop unless you're an already solid contender with sure-fire starters ahead of those new rookies.
i would be so happy if we got crabtree

[ Edited by DANADA on Oct 28, 2008 at 20:47:48 ]
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.
I've been riding this bandwagon for awhile.
I'm a huge fan of his and I wouldn't be upset but I still have to wonder if taking a WR when we're so awful on the OL and DL is a smart decision. I know he's a great player, but at the same time I dunno if it's the right decision. Our WRs aren't that bad. Right now we have Bruce, Battle, Morgan, and Hill. Johnson will probably be gone. I don't see Bruce retiring next year. Morgan looks like he could break out and Shaun Hill might help out Jason Hill, who is also pretty talented.

Then you look at our DL and we have no good NT/DT at all. On our OL we have some talent but we still have too many holes.
if there are no injuries, he will be a stud
I'm with ya!!!

Originally posted by Smith2Davis:
I'm a huge fan of his and I wouldn't be upset but I still have to wonder if taking a WR when we're so awful on the OL and DL is a smart decision. I know he's a great player, but at the same time I dunno if it's the right decision. Our WRs aren't that bad. Right now we have Bruce, Battle, Morgan, and Hill. Johnson will probably be gone. I don't see Bruce retiring next year. Morgan looks like he could break out and Shaun Hill might help out Jason Hill, who is also pretty talented.

Then you look at our DL and we have no good NT/DT at all. On our OL we have some talent but we still have too many holes.

I agree. I don't see Bryant Johnson staying past this season. My question is, Why would Issac Bruce stay? If Martz is gone (as I believe he will be once the season ends) then I believe so will Issac Bruce.

That basically leaves us with Hill, Morgan, and Battle. COME ON NOW! That just won't cut it.

If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season
Originally posted by hec26:

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.

Doesn't mean he was a bad pick! His talent as a prospect was unmatched since Randy Moss came out.
Originally posted by hec26:

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

god that is sexy...
Share 49ersWebzone