LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

1. Haynesworth

2. Crabtree
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by hec26:
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

No chance at all we get Haynesworth. First of all I doubt Tennessee lets him go...he means so much to their defense and their team they will probably do whatever it takes to get a long term deal done.

2nd, even if he idn't resigned by the Titans why would he choose us? He could have the whole world at his fingertips, why the hell would he pick the black hole that is the Niners?

I want to grab Terrell Suggs in FA instead.

Money? You guys act if we haven't been able to nab big name free agents over the past few seasons. If you pay them they will come.

The difference is the past two offseason's we were attractive to teams. 2007 we were considered a team on the rise, 2008 a talented team struggling because of Hostler's ineptititude but we had Martz. This year we are a team who just fired his coach, has no quarterback and doesn't look very talented at all, even with martz.

We are not an attractive team for people focussed on winning. If all Haynesworth cares about is money over being on a winning team than he's not even worht that money in my opinion.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by hec26:
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

No chance at all we get Haynesworth. First of all I doubt Tennessee lets him go...he means so much to their defense and their team they will probably do whatever it takes to get a long term deal done.

2nd, even if he idn't resigned by the Titans why would he choose us? He could have the whole world at his fingertips, why the hell would he pick the black hole that is the Niners?

I want to grab Terrell Suggs in FA instead.

Money? You guys act if we haven't been able to nab big name free agents over the past few seasons. If you pay them they will come.

The difference is the past two offseason's we were attractive to teams. 2007 we were considered a team on the rise, 2008 a talented team struggling because of Hostler's ineptititude but we had Martz. This year we are a team who just fired his coach, has no quarterback and doesn't look very talented at all, even with martz.

We are not an attractive team for people focussed on winning. If all Haynesworth cares about is money over being on a winning team than he's not even worht that money in my opinion.

You bring up a good point. The last big name free agent to go to a new head coach was Drew Brees. I still wouldn't rule it out though. We can pay as much as anyone else, and if he likes our new coach it's a possibility. Jim Schwartz (Tennessee's defensive coordinator) finished 2nd in our interview process last time with Nolan. He's going to be a hot commodity once again this year. Or maybe Haynesworth likes what he sees of Singletary or Spagnola.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 31, 2008 at 13:30:57 ]
I'll be interested to watch the Texas @ Texas Tech game. He should play well! We all should watch.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'll be interested to watch the Texas @ Texas Tech game. He should play well! We all should watch.

I going to
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

I going to
i will be there
Is definitely a star in the making but we need an OL that can protect a QB who could toss to him
Lets watch and see how he does vs Texas!

Texas Tech just got a safety but Crabtree is out with a ankle.

He's back in now

[ Edited by Jerry on Nov 1, 2008 at 17:24:33 ]

Originally posted by Jerry:

Texas Tech just got a safety but Crabtree is out with a ankle.

He's back in now

^^ did anyone see the fat black guy do that with the bell. I hope someone makes a gif of that.
At halftime of the Texas @ Texas Tech game, Michael Crabtree had 7 receptions for 73 yards. (In case your curious?)
At halftime of the Texas @ Texas Tech game, Michael Crabtree had 7 receptions for 73 yards. (In case your curious?)

Its ok Pat me and you know Crabtree is the truth!
OMG!!! OMG!!! CRABTREE!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!!!! MICHAEL CRABTREE!!!!

Wow!
Share 49ersWebzone