There are 144 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by Giggiddy:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

god that is sexy...

That would be a nice defensive front. But the coaching needs to be there.
  • kev49er4life
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

Would take him in a heartbeat
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.

Exactly!!! Crabtree is good but don't crown him the best college WR ever!!! He is a great WR who plays in an offense that allows him to put up ungodly numbers.

It all starts with the o-line.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,346
Where we pick, we will be able to draft a top 3 LT, which should be the pick. Move Staley back to RT and we have an Oline for the next decade. Skill can be found later and made to look better with these moves.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.

Exactly!!! Crabtree is good but don't crown him the best college WR ever!!! He is a great WR who plays in an offense that allows him to put up ungodly numbers.

It all starts with the o-line.

Its funny you mention that... Did you guys hear that each starting player on Texas Tech's O-line has a superhero nickname?
How in the world was he allowed to redshirt? Something serious must have happened.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 42,239
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.

Exactly!!! Crabtree is good but don't crown him the best college WR ever!!! He is a great WR who plays in an offense that allows him to put up ungodly numbers.

It all starts with the o-line.

Its funny you mention that... Did you guys hear that each starting player on Texas Tech's O-line has a superhero nickname?

No what are their nicknames ?

And good look PT...can't pass on the Crabtree if he declares and is there for the taking. We missed out on B-Eazy, let's not miss out on another great WR.
We're like the Anti Lions. We've desperately needed a receiver since TO left, but for some reason everyone wants to wait to the perfect oppurtunity comes by to snag one.

I'm tired of rolling with the Gilmores, Lelies, and Bryant Johnson's of the world. Give me a guy who can break a tackle and make a play.

49ers select Michael Crabtree

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 29, 2008 at 09:45:41 ]
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.



Exactly every year the draft is full of great WR's but if the QB cant throw the ball they are useless.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
We're like the Anti Lions. We've desperately needed a receiver since TO left, but for some reason everyone wants to wait to the perfect oppurtunity comes by to snag one.

I'm tired of rolling with the Gilmores, Lelies, and Bryant Johnson's of the world. Give me a guy who can break a tackle and make a play.

49ers select Michael Crabtree

Exactly. We haven't exactly hit home on those first round lineman yet, as it seems.

This franchise cannot afford to make another mistake by passing on the best WR available.
no way will we pass crabtree up if hes still on the board i just dont see it
His ankle is still bothering him though, he says it's fine, but he was in a boot
and he hasn't broken any 40+ yard plays the last 2 games
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Smith2Davis:
I'm a huge fan of his and I wouldn't be upset but I still have to wonder if taking a WR when we're so awful on the OL and DL is a smart decision. I know he's a great player, but at the same time I dunno if it's the right decision. Our WRs aren't that bad. Right now we have Bruce, Battle, Morgan, and Hill. Johnson will probably be gone. I don't see Bruce retiring next year. Morgan looks like he could break out and Shaun Hill might help out Jason Hill, who is also pretty talented.

Then you look at our DL and we have no good NT/DT at all. On our OL we have some talent but we still have too many holes.

I agree. I don't see Bryant Johnson staying past this season. My question is, Why would Issac Bruce stay? If Martz is gone (as I believe he will be once the season ends) then I believe so will Issac Bruce.

That basically leaves us with Hill, Morgan, and Battle. COME ON NOW! That just won't cut it.


Neither will an OL of Staley, Bass, Heitmann, Synder, and Jennings/Sims
  • HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
Elect Crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone