LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
MacDonals will GnP condit into submission.

I can see a war between the two. During their first fight, Condit may have underestimated the kid, but pulled out a win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by strickac:
Diaz was outclassed. He didn't even threaten Henderson.

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights

Yeah the only chance Diaz had was jiu jitsu, and save for a couple of good tries he was thoroughly outclassed. Henderson was just too quick and too strong. He couldn't even generate the stockton slap after his legs were destroyed.

So who's next for Henderson? rematch with Pettis? Maynard?, possibly Aldo?

i'd want to see melendez.

I really think Henderson needs to avenge his loss to Pettis first....BUT!!!! Pettis can't even get past Clay Guida, he doesn't deserve a shot at the title yet. Pettis has a fight coming up with D. Cerrone, I gotta go with Cerrone on this one. A sleeper in the mix IMO should be Rafael Dos Anjos, hes on a 3 win streak and I think he would give Henderson a run for his money. Actually going back to Cerrone and Pettis, I'm gonna rewind and say the winner of this fight should get a shot at Henderson.

i get the pettis angle, but wheres the intrigue for henderson vs cerrone? hes beaten him twice already including submitting him

Cerrone is a much different fighter from when he was in the WEC, his stand up is much better than it was before. But I think if Cerrone defeats Pettis (Who defeated Henderson) then he definitely deserves a rematch.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald rumored for UFC 158. I see Condit knocking this kid out.

alledgedly on the same card as diaz gsp

Yup. Just made official that GSP v. Diaz will headline UFC 158.
UFC on FX tonight for the TUF "Smash" finale.

Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropolous
TUF Smash finale welterweight bout
Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares

UFC on FX tomorrow for the TUF 16 Finale

Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione
TUF 16 finale bout
Pat Barry vs. Shane del Rosario
Melvin Guillard vs. Jaime Varner
Jonathan Brookins vs. Dustin Porier
Lombard destroyed Palhares. Calling out Bisping after.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Lombard destroyed Palhares. Calling out Bisping after.

Lombard is scary, built like a running back
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald rumored for UFC 158. I see Condit knocking this kid out.

TUF 16 finale bout

This was one of the best cards of the year so far. Did you guys see Vinc Pachel vs. Rustam Khabilov???

My goodness Khabilov looks for real. The lightweight division better take notice. 15-1 now and fighting out of Jackson's in Albuquerque.

Barry vs. Rosario could be KO of the year then the Roy Nelson/Mitrione fight almost one ups it.

At least Rory Madonald's BF Mike Ricci got manhandled by Colton Smith :) No TUF winner for Canada for now lol.

TUF 16 finale bout

Ahh I saw this last night and instantly changed the channel. I thought it was a replay of some older TUF
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

TUF 16 finale bout

This was one of the best cards of the year so far. Did you guys see Vinc Pachel vs. Rustam Khabilov???

My goodness Khabilov looks for real. The lightweight division better take notice. 15-1 now and fighting out of Jackson's in Albuquerque.

Barry vs. Rosario could be KO of the year then the Roy Nelson/Mitrione fight almost one ups it.

At least Rory Madonald's BF Mike Ricci got manhandled by Colton Smith :) No TUF winner for Canada for now lol.

I missed last nights fight, anyone got a replay of that fight of Smith vs. Ricci can't seem to find it anywhere.

THESE

Those suplexes by Khabilov were ruthless.

Barry's KO of Rosario was crazy. Rosario looked dead. Barry's ground game is slowly improving.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Dan Henderson not too happy with Rhonda Rousey as the headliner in the upcoming UFC, she hot as hell and a good fighter but headliner??
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:
Dan Henderson not too happy with Rhonda Rousey as the headliner in the upcoming UFC, she hot as hell and a good fighter but headliner??

So she's the main event?? At the very most, make her the co main event, but make it the first of the two fights. Not the MAIN EVENT.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think they are just trying to introduce the womens class and what better way to do it that Rousey, after all she is the Champion.
Originally posted by jimrat:

she's the flavor of the week.

Danas' newest gimmick.
Are you guys ready for Dos Santos/Velasquez II??????

I just read a few weeks ago that Cain had an injured knee in his fight against JDS and that's why he elected to fight standing up the entire time?
JDS was also banged up. Hopefully both guys are 100% so we can have the heavyweight matchup of the decade. Overroid to get the winner if he beats Antonio Silva?

Rest of the main card looks fine:

Belcher vs. Okami
Jim Miller vs. Lauzon
Boetsch vs. Phillippou
Leben vs. Derek Brunson
Share 49ersWebzone