LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
UFC pulled off a GREAT card on FOX this past weekend. All the fights were good. Sad to see BJ get dominated the way he did. I agree with most about MacDonald being a classless punk. I hope he does get the rematch against Condit or a fight against Hendricks so he gets his ass beat.

Shogun did the best he could against a taller fighter, but Gusstafson showed that he may still be a few fights away from beating someone like Jones. He's tall, but his reach won't be much of a factor. His best chances against Jones would be his kicks. Still a Shogun fan, doe!

HENDERSON!!!!! The guy is a beast. I don't think anyone has a shot against him at 155 unless Aldo moves up.

Major shoutout to three fighters on the undercard: Siver, Trujillo, and Cruickshank. Siver is dominant at the featherweight division showing a great overall game. Abel Trujillo out of the Blackzillian camp is gonna be an absolute force if he can handle the weight cut. Cruickshank looked impressive showing off all the different angles he throws his kicks. Excited for these fighters.

BJ shouldn't have fought in the first place I knew dumbass Rory would take him apart. BJ has no footwork or head movement and creeps around the octagon like a statue. And I don't know what is up with BJ and taking people to the ground it seems to be against his reilgion.

As for Henderson vs. Diaz fight, I've never seen anyone dominate a Diaz before like that, Henderson is the real deal.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
UFC pulled off a GREAT card on FOX this past weekend. All the fights were good. Sad to see BJ get dominated the way he did. I agree with most about MacDonald being a classless punk. I hope he does get the rematch against Condit or a fight against Hendricks so he gets his ass beat.

Shogun did the best he could against a taller fighter, but Gusstafson showed that he may still be a few fights away from beating someone like Jones. He's tall, but his reach won't be much of a factor. His best chances against Jones would be his kicks. Still a Shogun fan, doe!

HENDERSON!!!!! The guy is a beast. I don't think anyone has a shot against him at 155 unless Aldo moves up.

Major shoutout to three fighters on the undercard: Siver, Trujillo, and Cruickshank. Siver is dominant at the featherweight division showing a great overall game. Abel Trujillo out of the Blackzillian camp is gonna be an absolute force if he can handle the weight cut. Cruickshank looked impressive showing off all the different angles he throws his kicks. Excited for these fighters.

BJ shouldn't have fought in the first place I knew dumbass Rory would take him apart. BJ has no footwork or head movement and creeps around the octagon like a statue. And I don't know what is up with BJ and taking people to the ground it seems to be against his reilgion.

As for Henderson vs. Diaz fight, I've never seen anyone dominate a Diaz before like that, Henderson is the real deal.

Fights I wanna see: Siver vs. Aldo, Rory vs. Condit II or Hendricks, Condit vs. Hendricks, Rory vs. Kos, Ben Henderson vs. Gray Maynard
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hendricks vs. Rory needs to happen or Nick Diaz vs. Rory McDonald is what I wanna see. Or why not stir s**t up, since GSP ducks Anderson so much why not put Rory vs. GSP.
Hendricks vs. Rory needs to happen or Nick Diaz vs. Rory McDonald is what I wanna see. Or why not stir s**t up, since GSP ducks Anderson so much why not put Rory vs. GSP.

From what Dana said, GSP wants Nick Diaz, so that fight looks like it's gonna happen. Kos is calling our Rory right now, Rory is calling out Condit, Condit is calling out Hendricks, and Hendricks is calling out GSP. It's a good problem to have in the division.

i'll admit. i really underestimated Henderson.
2012 wasn't too great of a year for the UFC, especially with all the injuries. but dec 2012 and 2013 so far look awesome

the next two PPV's.........

UFC 155
Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II
Tim Boestich vs Constantinos Philippou
Yushin Okami vs Alan Belcher
Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon
Brad Pickett vs Eddie Wineland
Chris Leben vs Karlos Vemola

UFC 156
Frankie Edgar vs Jose Aldo
Rashad Evans vs Antonio Nogueira
Alistar Overeem vs Antonio Silva
Jon Fitch vs Demian Maia

plus Rousey headlining 157.

throw in some good headliners on the next few UFC on FX.........

Roy Nelson vs Matt Mitrione
Belfort vs Bisping
Renen Barao vs Michael McDonald
Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

From what Dana said, GSP wants Nick Diaz, so that fight looks like it's gonna happen. Kos is calling our Rory right now, Rory is calling out Condit, Condit is calling out Hendricks, and Hendricks is calling out GSP. It's a good problem to have in the division.

Yup, Welterweight division I think is the most exciting right now. And I gotta say I'm rooting for Hendricks to win it all.

Hahaha I never thought I'd see a fight where I'd be rooting for KOS. I hope it happens.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by strickac:
Diaz was outclassed. He didn't even threaten Henderson.

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights

Yeah the only chance Diaz had was jiu jitsu, and save for a couple of good tries he was thoroughly outclassed. Henderson was just too quick and too strong. He couldn't even generate the stockton slap after his legs were destroyed.

So who's next for Henderson? rematch with Pettis? Maynard?, possibly Aldo?

i'd want to see melendez.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights

Yeah the only chance Diaz had was jiu jitsu, and save for a couple of good tries he was thoroughly outclassed. Henderson was just too quick and too strong. He couldn't even generate the stockton slap after his legs were destroyed.

I really think Henderson needs to avenge his loss to Pettis first....BUT!!!! Pettis can't even get past Clay Guida, he doesn't deserve a shot at the title yet. Pettis has a fight coming up with D. Cerrone, I gotta go with Cerrone on this one. A sleeper in the mix IMO should be Rafael Dos Anjos, hes on a 3 win streak and I think he would give Henderson a run for his money. Actually going back to Cerrone and Pettis, I'm gonna rewind and say the winner of this fight should get a shot at Henderson.

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald rumored for UFC 158. I see Condit knocking this kid out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald rumored for UFC 158. I see Condit knocking this kid out.

I hope your right, or else Condit stock will drop far if he loses.

I really think Henderson needs to avenge his loss to Pettis first....BUT!!!! Pettis can't even get past Clay Guida, he doesn't deserve a shot at the title yet. Pettis has a fight coming up with D. Cerrone, I gotta go with Cerrone on this one. A sleeper in the mix IMO should be Rafael Dos Anjos, hes on a 3 win streak and I think he would give Henderson a run for his money. Actually going back to Cerrone and Pettis, I'm gonna rewind and say the winner of this fight should get a shot at Henderson.

i get the pettis angle, but wheres the intrigue for henderson vs cerrone? hes beaten him twice already including submitting him

alledgedly on the same card as diaz gsp
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
MacDonals will GnP condit into submission.
Share 49ersWebzone