LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by SF69ers:
I was watching some Buakaw por Pramuk fights and highlights from K1 and thought "i wonder how he'd fair against Pacquiao in a standup fight. his kickboxing vs. manny's boxing"

Then, I see this article this morning posted: Manny vs. Buakaw: 8 rounds of boxing. 12/21/2012

Dec 21 2012?

The end of days?

And I saw that Silva fight. That white dude had chicken legs and he messed up his hammy. It looked like a deer that got shot in the leg, it was so akward.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I was watching some Buakaw por Pramuk fights and highlights from K1 and thought "i wonder how he'd fair against Pacquiao in a standup fight. his kickboxing vs. manny's boxing"

Then, I see this article this morning posted: Manny vs. Buakaw: 8 rounds of boxing. 12/21/2012

Dec 21 2012?

The end of days?

And I saw that Silva fight. That white dude had chicken legs and he messed up his hammy. It looked like a deer that got shot in the leg, it was so akward.

LOL yea he was moving around real weird.

I hope Dodson goes back to his aggressive, exciting style of fighting. What's up with Greg Jackson trying to get some of his fighters to play the boring, defensive style?!
UFC on FX 5 tonight:

Travis Browne vs. Antonio "Big Foot" Silva
Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Hieron
John Dodson vs. Jussier Formiga
Justin Edwards vs. Josh Neer
Jeremy Stephens vs. Yves Edwards (fight in jeopardy after Stephens was arrested this morning)
Michael Johnson vs. Danny Castillo

I missed it.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
UFC on FX 5 tonight:

Travis Browne vs. Antonio "Big Foot" Silva
Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Hieron
John Dodson vs. Jussier Formiga
Justin Edwards vs. Josh Neer
Jeremy Stephens vs. Yves Edwards (fight in jeopardy after Stephens was arrested this morning)
Michael Johnson vs. Danny Castillo

I missed it.

The Brown/Big Foot fight was alright. Always like an early finish.

Ellenberger/Hieron SUCKED! Ellenberger is usually exciting to watch, but he was boring.

Dodson/Formiga was boring till the last couple mins when he rocked Formiga. What's up with some Greg Jackson fighters playing the hit and move and dance around style now? He did it with Guida and now he did it with Dodson. Hopefully he goes back to his exciting, fast paced style.

Johnson/Castillo was GOOD.
Jake Shields suspended for six months for testing positive of a banned substance
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
sport is going down the drain.
Jake Shields suspended for six months for testing positive of a banned substance

Was he smoking weed with the Diaz bros?
Anyone watching? So happy for Big Nog and to see Sliva and Little Nog in tears happy for their brother. f**king earned that win with a plate in his arm.
That was weak! Nice knee from Silva, but it sucks it was over so quick.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Lol yep. Silva is like Neo from the Matrix dodging punches but I was hoping Bonner would of put up more of a fight. Def didn't think he would take a knee to the solar plex. I remember I was going to be a traveler, but then I took a knee to the solar plex.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
K I think its time for a Jones vs Silva fight lol
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Lol yep. Silva is like Neo from the Matrix dodging punches but I was hoping Bonner would of put up more of a fight. Def didn't think he would take a knee to the solar plex. I remember I was going to be a traveler, but then I took a knee to the solar plex.

Props to Bonner for taking the fight to Silva, though. Not a lot of fighters would get in Silva's face and just start swinging like a wildman. Silva was just taking those shots too. The high knee to the chest was INCREDIBLE. To have that knock down Bonner is quite an accomplishment considering how tough the guy is.

And props go out to Big Nog. Herman was annoying before the fight basically talking s**t about BJJ. Glad Nog made him tap with the arm bar.

Glover Texeira could be a monster challenge at 205. He just needs to put his hands up and not take fighters lightly.

Erik Silva vs. Jon Fitch was surprisingly good. I thought Fitch was gonna make it boring.
He didn't even give a s**t

Brazilians are too affectionate

Share 49ersWebzone