There are 160 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Texeira is NO JOKE. You're right with the Tyson comparison as far as styles. His short hooks and crosses are devastating. He needs to keep his hands up a little more, though. And what will be a HUGE factor if he fights Bones is when Jones throws those front kicks to his opponents knees.

i still don't get why people just stand there and take it on the knee when they fight bones............... circle!!

You can circle all you want, but if you want to be able to throw a punch, you'll have to stop and set your feet. If your plan is to circle, then it's evident that the fighter needs to take Jones down.
With Chael Sonnen taking on the gig to coach opposite Jon Jones leading up to their bout next year, Mr. Wonderful, Phil Davis, has stepped up to fight Forrest Griffin on UFC 155.
Texeira is NO JOKE. You're right with the Tyson comparison as far as styles. His short hooks and crosses are devastating. He needs to keep his hands up a little more, though. And what will be a HUGE factor if he fights Bones is when Jones throws those front kicks to his opponents knees.

i still don't get why people just stand there and take it on the knee when they fight bones............... circle!!

You can circle all you want, but if you want to be able to throw a punch, you'll have to stop and set your feet. If your plan is to circle, then it's evident that the fighter needs to take Jones down.

with those long legs you're not gonna be able to land a punch anyways if you stand there.

not trying to pretend i know the secret to beating jones, but what most people try and do doesn't work.
With Chael Sonnen taking on the gig to coach opposite Jon Jones leading up to their bout next year, Mr. Wonderful, Phil Davis, has stepped up to fight Forrest Griffin on UFC 155.

good move, this should be interesting.

with those long legs you're not gonna be able to land a punch anyways if you stand there.

not trying to pretend i know the secret to beating jones, but what most people try and do doesn't work.

What I want to see is a fighter to work the leg kicks. This is a big reason why I feel like Gustaffson may have a shot at Jones. He's long and throws very good leg kicks.

What I want to see is a fighter to work the leg kicks. This is a big reason why I feel like Gustaffson may have a shot at Jones. He's long and throws very good leg kicks.

exactly. jones got some chicken legs
Anderson Silva says he would fight Bones Jones under the right circumstances. s**t, they better figure it out soon cuz he's not getting any younger.
Anderson Silva says he would fight Bones Jones under the right circumstances. s**t, they better figure it out soon cuz he's not getting any younger.

Honestly? Silva would whoop that ass.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Honestly? Silva would whoop that ass.

I'd love to see that happen. I like watching Bones but he needs to be humbled.
"I respect [Silva] a lot," Jones said to Brazilian outlet Correio Braziliense. "As I said several times, I do not want to be the guy who beat Anderson, and do not want to be the guy who lost to him. Anderson is a great champion, I'm a great champion. We both..." At that point Jones trailed off, before picking back up. "I don't know. I don't know.

"I'm not saying that the fight will not happen. It can happen. But it's not something I'm chasing.

"I don't believe that I need to fight with Anderson to be the best in the world," Jones concluded.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/29/3564782/morning-report-ufc-jon-jones-vs-anderson-silva-superfight-can-happen-dana-white-tuf-16

"I respect [Silva] a lot," Jones said to Brazilian outlet Correio Braziliense. "As I said several times, I do not want to be the guy who beat Anderson, and do not want to be the guy who lost to him. Anderson is a great champion, I'm a great champion. We both..." At that point Jones trailed off, before picking back up. "I don't know. I don't know.

"I'm not saying that the fight will not happen. It can happen. But it's not something I'm chasing.

"I don't believe that I need to fight with Anderson to be the best in the world," Jones concluded.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/29/3564782/morning-report-ufc-jon-jones-vs-anderson-silva-superfight-can-happen-dana-white-tuf-16

Anderson is the best in the world and until he retires or someone steps up and beats him he always will be the best. Jon Jones is starting to really annoy me with his smug attitude of late. I have alway thought he has the potential to be the greatest MMA fighter ever but with his attitude of late I am starting to wonder if his head is in the game anymore.
Jon Jones would take Anderson Silva down and hurt him real bad. Of course Silva's chances would be much greater if he could avoid the takedown, but you guys really think he could stop Jones when we've already seen smaller Hendo and Sonnen put him on his back before?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is this still a sport? When's the next event?
Originally posted by SFBlue:
Jon Jones would take Anderson Silva down and hurt him real bad. Of course Silva's chances would be much greater if he could avoid the takedown, but you guys really think he could stop Jones when we've already seen smaller Hendo and Sonnen put him on his back before?

Don't understimate Silva's strength, especially at 205. He's more comfortable at LHW than you may think considering he walks around at 220. And if I remember right he rag dolled Bonnar pretty good in their last fight. And Hendo and Sonnen have Olympic caliber wrestling. Jones goes up to the JUCO level.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by SFBlue:

Don't understimate Silva's strength, especially at 205. He's more comfortable at LHW than you may think considering he walks around at 220. And if I remember right he rag dolled Bonnar pretty good in their last fight. And Hendo and Sonnen have Olympic caliber wrestling. Jones goes up to the JUCO level.

the issue is going to be getting past that rangy knee kick, which he has the footwork to do.
Share 49ersWebzone