LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

The Rugby Union General Discussion thread

Man does not live by Niners alone. Well, I don't anyway; I am ambifootballdexteric.

Who's going to win? who do you want to win? Which players will be most worth watching out for? Can we pray that England fail to make it out of the group?

Oh, and just because I thought this was cool:

[ Edited by English on Nov 18, 2015 at 8:40 PM ]
This goes into the 'Other Sports' thread, not the parking lot.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This goes into the 'Other Sports' thread, not the parking lot.

Maybe a mod could assist. Move or close.
Lets see...of course England has home ground advantage so they have 75 percent
chance of winning. New zealand the favourites as usual with 85 percent, followed by south africa 80 percent and australia 80percent. Cant see any of the minnows on 50-50, france wales and ireland to upset one of the biggies.
Go Pacific Islands! (Samoa, Tonga, Fiji)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MeuL3d0nlE
Originally posted by Geckko:
Man does not live by Niners alone. Well, I don't anyway; I am ambifootballdexteric.

Who's going to win? who do you want to win? Which players will be most worth watching out for? Can we pray that England fail to make it out of the group?

Oh, and just because I thought this was cool:

Ty... For the RWC 2015 thread...
Opening Ceremony First ....

Then the real stuff... (1 & 1/2 hours)

Opening Match England v Fiji
Teams:

England:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34250496

England: Mike Brown (Harlequins); Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Brad Barritt (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby); George Ford (Bath Rugby); Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers); Joe Marler (Harlequins), Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Geoff Parling (Exeter Chiefs), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints), Chris Robshaw (capt, Harlequins), Ben Morgan (Gloucester Rugby).

Replacements: Rob Webber (Bath Rugby), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Northampton Saints), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Sam Burgess (Bath Rugby).

Fiji:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34267327

Fiji: Metuisela Talebula; Waisea Nayacalevu, Vereniki Goneva, Gabiriele Lovobalavu, Nemani Nadolo; Ben Volavola, Nikola Matawalu; Campese Ma'afu, Sunia Koto, Manasa Saulo; Apisalome Ratuniyarawa, Leone Nakarawa; Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Akapusi Qera, Sakiusa Masi Matadigo.

Replacements: Tuapati Talemaitoga, Peni Ravai, Isei Colati, Tevita Cavubati, Peceli Yato, Nemia Kenatale, Joshua Matavesi, Asaeli Tikoirotuma.
Looking forward to seeing this England side play, they're probable the most balanced squad I've seen since 2003... They may also boast the fastest back three in the tournament, with the likes of May, Brown & Watson... Let's hope George Ford can ignite them.

Should be a good first up test against the current 2015 Pacific Nations Cup Champions in Fiji... (Fiji along with Samoa are the form teams of the Pacific Islands.)
Watch out for Nemani Nadolo..absolute beast on the wing

Great decision refs thought it was going to be yellow…

Penalty try + Yellow…. Looks like they are going to be hard on any cynical play.

I'm cool with that as long as they're consistent...
Nice Try by Mike Brown, blowout was on the cards, until the Fijian 9 scored or didn't score, lol … (Looks like no Try)

So far I don't like this TMO review process it takes too long…
It works in American Football /Cricket because of the way the games are structured, but Rugby is supposed to be a flowing/continuity sport, it interrupts the game's rhythm.
England 18 Fiji 8 at the half... Not a bad effort from the Fijians, they are hanging in there... 1st half was a mixture of skill/mistakes, but all in all very entertaining...
Hope Fiji stay close till the 80 & don't fade around the 60 mark.

Not a fan of Opening/Closing ceremonies & Super Bowl H/T shows, but that wasn't a bad effort.
Game... MIke Brown wraps it up... Valiant effort Fiji... Fiji are going to be worth the price of admission this WC, no easy beats!
Originally posted by dazlendazle:
Lets see...of course England has home ground advantage so they have 75 percent
chance of winning. New zealand the favourites as usual with 85 percent, followed by south africa 80 percent and australia 80percent. Cant see any of the minnows on 50-50, france wales and ireland to upset one of the biggies.

A quick bit of mental calculation suggests that there's a 370% chance one of those teams will win!
Share 49ersWebzone