Originally posted by robniner:
FINAL
Yoenis Cespedes
The Rest

Fixed
(in order)

fixed again
Originally posted by crzy:
The fact that Derek Jeter is being mentioned as the face of the MLB still.....proves that the sport has no face.

Baseball is not an individual-player oriented sport like the NBA is. Individuals players just aren't as marketable, nor do they have the same impact on their teams winning like a Lebron James does.

You can take a Pujols off the Cardinals and they can still make it to the NLCS the following year. Now imagine the Heat with Lebron lmao.

Which is why the outrageous baseball salaries for star players are laughable.

I want to agree but I could think of a couple different situations where one player has a huge huge impact.. I think it depends on the team honestly.

Like NJ just said, Buster Posey.
Yoenis Cespedes is another one. I'm serious this time lol. A's were 12-22 without him (when he was injured), 82-46 in games he played last season. He madea hugggeee impact for the A's last season. The difference his bat brought to the lineup was pretty amazing.

I think the more talented teams is where one player doesn't make as significant of an in impact. The Cardinals still had a lot of talent without Pujols. The A's had little talent (offensively) without Cespedes.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Feb 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
FINAL
Yoenis Cespedes
Tim Hudson
The Rest

Fixed
(in order)

fixed again

fixed again again
FINAL FOUR:

Jason Heyward
Matt Kemp
Andrew McCutchen
Joey Votto

I cannot name a better nominee than Buster Posey. He has won two world series, mvp, roy, and plays in a major market.

Trout will probably be the future in about two years or so
how the f**k is Jason Heyward nominated for this?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Who would you have nominated from the Braves?

No one. He could walk down the street in any city in the country other than in Atlanta and most people would not know who he was. Once he plays in a World Series or has a couple of huge years that could change.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The fact that Derek Jeter is being mentioned as the face of the MLB still.....proves that the sport has no face.

Baseball is not an individual-player oriented sport like the NBA is. Individuals players just aren't as marketable, nor do they have the same impact on their teams winning like a Lebron James does.

You can take a Pujols off the Cardinals and they can still make it to the NLCS the following year. Now imagine the Heat with Lebron lmao.

Healthy Posey ..... 2 World Series. Posey out for the year.... out of the playoffs.

86 wins in 2011. Posey was worth 8 wins then. Which is what WAR had him at last year anyways.

But I mean even prime Babe Ruth was worth 15 wins.

I'm not arguing that star players aren't important in baseball...just that individual star players have a much smaller impact in baseball when compared to other sports.

No one. He could walk down the street in any city in the country other than in Atlanta and most people would not know who he was. Once he plays in a World Series or has a couple of huge years that could change.

You guys realize that a player from every team was nominated, right?

Healthy Posey ..... 2 World Series. Posey out for the year.... out of the playoffs.

86 wins in 2011. Posey was worth 8 wins then. Which is what WAR had him at last year anyways.

But I mean even prime Babe Ruth was worth 15 wins.

I'm not arguing that star players aren't important in baseball...just that individual star players have a much smaller impact in baseball when compared to other sports.

Enough with the WAR! You know as well as I do that the Giants cant win without Posey. Obviously a huge star in basketball is going to make the most difference as there are just 5 guys on the floor at any time.
You guys realize that a player from every team was nominated, right?

Yep. I guess its fine that he was nominated because there really is no other Brave. Obviously Chipper has been that face for years. What is hillarious that he is in the final 4 though.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Jason Heyward wins this thing.

He is leading Matt Kemp

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/promotions/faceofmlb.jsp