There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Foshay Wolverines Thread (LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!)

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
lol clutch

i probably wouldn't have made one

this is high school right?

Ya, High School.

He's not our best FT shooter, but he's who I want at the line in those situations. That kid's been through a lot in life. He's a warrior.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The #21 seeded Foshay Wolverines go into the gym of the #12 seeded De la Hoya Animo Boxers (seriously, lol) and knock them off 50-44!!!!!

No one remembers the last playoff win at the school!!!

Congrats Pete. All your hard work is paying off!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,047


So happy for you Pete. I know you're extremely passionate about this. Just awesome man.
F*CK YEA
Congrats! Nice reward for all your hard work and dedication.
This is hella cool, man. Congrats. Excuse my ignorance but are you guys like "world champs" or "sectional champs?"
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The #21 seeded Foshay Wolverines go into the gym of the #12 seeded De la Hoya Animo Boxers (seriously, lol) and knock them off 50-44!!!!!

No one remembers the last playoff win at the school!!!

I checked the bracket, you guys pulled off the biggest upset in the first round.

Seeds don't matter, if they did, you wouldn't be playing New Milliniuem!
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM ]
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,684
Are all your players healthy and active going into the next round?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This is hella cool, man. Congrats. Excuse my ignorance but are you guys like "world champs" or "sectional champs?"

Just champs of our league. Sectional champs would be us winning this bracket. After that are the state playoffs.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Are all your players healthy and active going into the next round?

No. We've played 25 games this year, and we've had the whole squad for exactly 1 game.

Isaiah...my best player...is 100%.

Ta'zon...my #2 and best big...is healthy, but is a moody b***h who is the emotional equivalent of a 4 year old. He was awful yesterday in terms of effort...in the damn playoffs. We have been all over him in the last 24 hours. I hate saying this about a 17 year old kid, but I can't stand him. But he's our most talented kid and we need him to win games, so it's something we need to manage.

Kobe...my 3rd best player...is healthy, but he didn't play last night because his mom is a goddamn nutcase and held him out because the game was too late. (7pm) I wish I was making this up. Thankfully, I just got word that she'll let him play on Thursday.

Tavis...#4, and best defender...is out for the year with a badly sprained ankle.

I've got some other bumps and bruises, but 5-10 are okay.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,684
Good luck manana!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Good luck manana!

Thanks, man. We're gonna need it. New Millenium had a really good squad last year, and they had a couple of quality transfers as well. They went 10-0 in a pretty good league with a perennial powerhouse in it. (Frederick Douglass) Their coach was at our game last night, scouting it. They're a pressing/trapping team who is really good on the offensive boards, and those are two areas we struggle in.

Today in practice we'll be working on press breaks, rebounding drills, & our 2-3. (we run more man than zone normally, but against these guys we might employ a bit more of the latter)
Excellent work, my man! I wish that I was close enough to make a game. I love HS and college hoop at this time of the year.
  • IT21
  • Member
  • Posts: 12,081
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
No. We've played 25 games this year, and we've had the whole squad for exactly 1 game.

Isaiah...my best player...is 100%.

Ta'zon...my #2 and best big...is healthy, but is a moody b***h who is the emotional equivalent of a 4 year old. He was awful yesterday in terms of effort...in the damn playoffs. We have been all over him in the last 24 hours. I hate saying this about a 17 year old kid, but I can't stand him. But he's our most talented kid and we need him to win games, so it's something we need to manage.

Kobe...my 3rd best player...is healthy, but he didn't play last night because his mom is a goddamn nutcase and held him out because the game was too late. (7pm) I wish I was making this up. Thankfully, I just got word that she'll let him play on Thursday.

Tavis...#4, and best defender...is out for the year with a badly sprained ankle.

I've got some other bumps and bruises, but 5-10 are okay.

don't know why but i lol'd
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
No. We've played 25 games this year, and we've had the whole squad for exactly 1 game.

Isaiah...my best player...is 100%.

Ta'zon...my #2 and best big...is healthy, but is a moody b***h who is the emotional equivalent of a 4 year old. He was awful yesterday in terms of effort...in the damn playoffs. We have been all over him in the last 24 hours. I hate saying this about a 17 year old kid, but I can't stand him. But he's our most talented kid and we need him to win games, so it's something we need to manage.

Kobe...my 3rd best player...is healthy, but he didn't play last night because his mom is a goddamn nutcase and held him out because the game was too late. (7pm) I wish I was making this up. Thankfully, I just got word that she'll let him play on Thursday.

Tavis...#4, and best defender...is out for the year with a badly sprained ankle.

I've got some other bumps and bruises, but 5-10 are okay.

don't know why but i lol'd

Lol this.

Fun fact: In Chicago, there's a 1/2-million boys & girls named "Jordan" & in LA, there's a few dozen "Kobes'".

Jordan > Kobe- it's science.