LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2012-13 Foshay Wolverines Thread (LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!)

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Going for the league title tonight...but without our 2 best players and on the road. We're gonna need some guys to step up.

Good luck, bro...you got this!
First league loss. 44-37. One of those days/games where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

-Top 2 guys were out with injuries. (should be back Friday)

-3rd best guy picks up 2 quick fouls, & sits for most of the 1st. We get the ball back with 5 seconds left at half court in the 1st, so I put him in to help us get a shot up. And he picks up a charge. 3rd foul, out until halftime.

-3rd best guy picks up his 4th foul two minutes into the 3rd. Out until the 4th. Fouls out with 3 minutes left in the game. He barely played.

-5th best guy sprains his ankle badly at the beginning of the 3rd. Out for the game.

-6th man fouls out with 3 minutes left in the game, when it was tied.

We went the last 3 minutes with a lineup that has no business being in the game together down the stretch of a varsity game. They tried their asses off, but we only had one guy who was any semblance of a threat, and everyone else were my end of bench players. Oh well. We'll get 'em on Friday.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 6, 2013 at 8:08 PM ]
Let's go Foshay! Bring home the title!
Lol you have a bunch of Demarcus cousins' on your team

That blows. Get em Friday
Top 5 night of my life tonight.

This game was for the league title. We were down by 13 with 4 minutes left, and you have no idea how hard it is to get a bunch of emotional teenagers to keep their composure in this kinda situation. But they did. I have this one kid who's 5'7" and 125lbs soaking wet, and he was f**king incredible down the stretch. Got like 3 offensive rebounds (which I think is more than what he's had all season) and two absolutely ridiculous shots in the paint over guys that were much bigger than him. Got a couple of steals in the closing minutes too. Just WOULD NOT let us lose. He wasn't the only one either. Every dude dug deep down, and we sent it to overtime with a 15-2 run to end regulation.

In OT, each team battled back and forth. They had a 2 point lead on us with 15 seconds left. We ran one of our most patient motion offense sequences of the night, which was odd, because it was such a high pressure moment, and my best player got fouled shooting a 3 with 5 seconds left. Now...I don't know if you remember, but this was the kid whose mom was gonna send him to Atlanta a few months back because she didn't wanna deal with him anymore. He's got a lot of heart, but a lot of emotional problems as well. He's a kid who really means a lot to me, who I'm always gonna look out for.

Anyway...doesn't get anymore pressure packed than this at our level. Down 2. 5 seconds left. At the line, shooting 3. League title on the line.

SWISH

SWISH

SWISH

League champs.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Top 5 night of my life tonight.

This game was for the league title. We were down by 13 with 4 minutes left, and you have no idea how hard it is to get a bunch of emotional teenagers to keep their composure in this kinda situation. But they did. I have this one kid who's 5'7" and 125lbs soaking wet, and he was f**king incredible down the stretch. Got like 3 offensive rebounds (which I think is more than what he's had all season) and two absolutely ridiculous shots in the paint over guys that were much bigger than him. Got a couple of steals in the closing minutes too. Just WOULD NOT let us lose. He wasn't the only one either. Every dude dug deep down, and we sent it to overtime with a 15-2 run to end regulation.

In OT, each team battled back and forth. They had a 2 point lead on us with 15 seconds left. We ran one of our most patient motion offense sequences of the night, which was odd, because it was such a high pressure moment, and my best player got fouled shooting a 3 with 5 seconds left. Now...I don't know if you remember, but this was the kid whose mom was gonna send him to Atlanta a few months back because she didn't wanna deal with him anymore. He's got a lot of heart, but a lot of emotional problems as well. He's a kid who really means a lot to me, who I'm always gonna look out for.

Anyway...doesn't get anymore pressure packed than this at our level. Down 2. 5 seconds left. At the line, shooting 3. League title on the line.

SWISH

SWISH

SWISH

League champs.

siiiiick!
Foshay Jacksons champions of the WORLD, Craig!!!
Yall cant f**k with the wolverines!
Yall cant f**k with the wolverines!
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Feb 9, 2013 at 1:34 AM ]

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Feb 9, 2013 at 1:34 AM ]
And to think, I was so close to posting this!

The #21 seeded Foshay Wolverines go into the gym of the #12 seeded De la Hoya Animo Boxers (seriously, lol) and knock them off 50-44!!!!!

No one remembers the last playoff win at the school!!!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The #21 seeded Foshay Wolverines go into the gym of the #12 seeded De la Hoya Animo Boxers (seriously, lol) and knock them off 50-44!!!!!

No one remembers the last playoff win at the school!!!

Foshay Jacksons going for the state title!
For those who want to follow along I found this nifty little playoff bracket...

Pulling for you guys "fo shay"

I know I know lazy joke, don't kill me for it k!

BEAT NEW MILLENNIUM!
Share 49ersWebzone