• jrg
  • Veteran
Jeter was going for 4,000
Don't feel sorry for Jeter lol
Originally posted by jrg:

THIS!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I don't think Jeter needs sympathy. He's accomplished every important thing in baseball multiple times over. The only time I tend to feel sorry for athletes is when an injury prevents them from reaching an elusive accomplishment they deserve after years of hard work or derails the potential of a budding career. Dude has won championships, has all the money in the world, solidified for the Hall of Fame, and has a non-career threatening injury that will have him at full strength in 3 months. Don't be surprised if I don't attend the candlelight vigil for Derek f**king Jeter and the Yankees.

This x2927171637
Originally posted by Ninergoldrush:

THIS!

Which he can do next year during THE REGULAR SEASON. You know, when they count those sorts of things.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Don't feel sorry for Jeter lol

lol this lol
Why is everyone acting like his career is over? Drama much?

Everyone? LOL.. I dont remember that. I feel bad for baseball that Jeter is out for the rest of the playoffs. When he is in it makes it more interesting and means that much more for a team that beats the Yankees.
Thank God for pic n picture . Yanks and Niners simultaneously. Good times.
Originally posted by Ninergoldrush:
Thank God for pic n picture . Yanks and Niners simultaneously. Good times.

Check that . Wrong NY team is winning now . "F!"
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Why is everyone acting like his career is over? Drama much?

Everyone? LOL.. I dont remember that. I feel bad for baseball that Jeter is out for the rest of the playoffs. When he is in it makes it more interesting and means that much more for a team that beats the Yankees.

Yes John, everyone. Every single person on earth. C'mon man, it's a form of speech referring to a few posters that seem to think this is some career ending injury.

Look, I can respect why you want to see Jeter play, but at the same time you can also respect why some might not care one way or the other. I don't think we should be celebrating his injury, but not everyone needs to find it to be as big of a deal as others do.

The only poster in here that even mentioned it was James. Maybe you are going on Yankee sites but I havent seen anyone else posting that his career is over,

• jrg
  • Veteran
I mentioned it because of his age. Obviously an ankle injury isn't career ending.
I mentioned it because of his age. Obviously an ankle injury isn't career ending.

Yep. The comments in this thread about Jeter are just stupid. Bottom line.

God forbid anyone disagree with you. I think this birthday has officially turned you senile.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

God forbid anyone disagree with you. I think this birthday has officially turned you senile.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

No. Not rooting for a player to get seriously hurt and wanting all of the stars to play in the playoffs does not make one senile. Not caring about a players serious injury and whiining about the fact that no one cared that Posey got hurt just makes you look like a fool in my book.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tigers up 2 games to 0
Share 49ersWebzone