There are 247 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Sessions' balls were charged with a Flagrant 2 for having the audacity to do that to Wade .

d wade suspended 1 game for this little incident. b***h move at it's finest. I you stern.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
d wade suspended 1 game for this little incident. b***h move at it's finest. I you stern.

Sessions was down for 2 seconds...lol - didn't look it was intentional either. But whatever...it's just great to see Wade playing at a high level. Thank you, Sir Charles Barkley.
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Sessions was down for 2 seconds...lol - didn't look it was intentional either. But whatever...it's just great to see Wade playing at a high level. Thank you, Sir Charles Barkley.

Not sure if blinded by homerism

Agreed IMO
  • jrg
  • Veteran
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how long he was down on the court. Wade still did it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's just my opinion. I try to be reasonable and this is nothing to be a homer about. I just don't think the intention was to hit him in the balls. It seemed he was just trying to clear the way using his leg - which many guards do and Wade does it all the time. Unfortunately, it hit him near his balls...and Sessions was down for a second or two because there was hardly any force behind the kick.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how long he was down on the court. Wade still did it.

I thought it was more of a kick to clear the way... not to kick his balls. That's a very weak kick if you're trying to hit someone in the balls.

Oh well, it's not a big deal. Probably better for Wade to have a game off after logging in heavy minutes last 3 games anyway.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's just my opinion. I try to be reasonable and this is nothing to be a homer about. I just don't think the intention was to hit him in the balls. It seemed he was just trying to clear the way using his leg - which many guards do and Wade does it all the time. Unfortunately, it hit him near his balls...and Sessions was down for a second or two because there was hardly any force behind the kick.

This sounds like something a Lakers fan would say about Kobe's "follow through" elbow face smash.

You could have gone with - "This sounds like something a Spurs fan would say about Bowen sliding his leg under the jump shooter to intentionally injure him."

Or maybe you could not have, since Bowen has done that multiple times and Wade doesn't have a history of kicking players in the balls.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

This sounds like something a Lakers fan would say about Kobe's "follow through" elbow face smash.

You could have gone with - "This sounds like something a Spurs fan would say about Bowen sliding his leg under the jump shooter to intentionally injure him."

Or maybe you could not have, since Bowen has done that multiple times and Wade doesn't have a history of kicking players in the balls.

OK, cool story. On point.

Yea bringing Kobe and Lakers fan in to this discussion was on point

If he did it in the key, maybe he was clearing space. You don't need to clear space with a kick at midcourt. Did he maliciously try to stomp his balls? No, but I do think, and obviously the league thinks, he got a little carried away.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

If he did it in the key, maybe he was clearing space. You don't need to clear space with a kick at midcourt. Did he maliciously try to stomp his balls? No, but I do think, and obviously the league thinks, he got a little carried away.

It was a very physical game - and Lebron was fouled pretty hard earlier in the game. Sessions was defending Wade pretty close the whole game and that's all good but there was constant contact like grabbing jersey and slapping wrists and elbow etc. I do agree with you that Wade got a little carried away and was frustrated.

Of course, it wasn't a malicious attempt to stomp his balls, but it wasn't much of a kick either. It was weak. Almost looked like just throwing his leg out to let him know that he can't guard him that close but unfortunately hit him in the balls. Wade doesn't have a history of taking cheap shots at opposing players, and I would have given him the benefit of doubt in this instance.

One can say I'm being a homer but I also felt the same about the Dwight's flagrant 2 last night. That was a joke and the fine was even worse. That was a flagrant 1 at best and wasn't worthy of a fine. League should have actually apologized because Dwight got ejected.

It was a very physical game - and Lebron was fouled pretty hard earlier in the game. Sessions was defending Wade pretty close the whole game and that's all good but there was constant contact like grabbing jersey and slapping wrists and elbow etc. I do agree with you that Wade got a little carried away and was frustrated.

Of course, it wasn't a malicious attempt to stomp his balls, but it wasn't much of a kick either. It was weak. Almost looked like just throwing his leg out to let him know that he can't guard him that close but unfortunately hit him in the balls. Wade doesn't have a history of taking cheap shots at opposing players, and I would have given him the benefit of doubt in this instance.

One can say I'm being a homer but I also felt the same about the Dwight's flagrant 2 last night. That was a joke and the fine was even worse. That was a flagrant 1 at best and wasn't worthy of a fine. League should have actually apologized because Dwight got ejected.

I think you just might be looking through homer glasses on the wade incident.

I agree about the Howard F2. It was definitely a Flagrant, but giving him a 2 was ridiculous. The fine was even more outrageous.
the refs bailed out the clippers at the end imo.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Nba 2k FTW
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Nba 2k FTW

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278174
Share 49ersWebzone