LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I like when LBJ gets pissed and as somewhat of an a hole. He is too nice most of the time... He needs that mean streak that Kobe and Jordan have/had. He usually plays better that way also.

i like the fact that he's been playing in the NBA since 2003 and is still progressing in the game. he's still getting better.

I like the fact that he took HGH and steroids and shouted at his mother on live TV and she repaid him by screwing Delonte West.
This.

All of this.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LeBron, best player in the league and when it's all said and done, will be the best player EVER

I like when LBJ gets pissed and as somewhat of an a hole. He is too nice most of the time... He needs that mean streak that Kobe and Jordan have/had. He usually plays better that way also.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Haven't seen this type of beast mode since MJ

He's on a level that we have not seen since MJ. It's funny, I read a few articles from writers who hated Lebron couple of years back but now rooting for Lebron during his streak because he's playing on "greatness" level and they want to see what else he can pull off.

Even Cleveland wants him back lol
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
LeBron, best player in the league and when it's all said and done, will be the best player EVER

He's on a level that we have not seen since MJ. It's funny, I read a few articles from writers who hated Lebron couple of years back but now rooting for Lebron during his streak because he's playing on "greatness" level and they want to see what else he can pull off.

THIS

MJ was never this good. I know MJ has this weird mind control over people, but he was never this good. The only run I've ever seen that's in the conversation is Shaq's run in the early 00's. What LeBron is doing right now is incredible.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

MJ was never this good. I know MJ has this weird mind control over people, but he was never this good. The only run I've ever seen that's in the conversation is Shaq's run in the early 00's. What LeBron is doing right now is incredible.

Yeah, but he's never averaged 35-5-5 for a season.

I some what agree with this. Jordan was a tough competitor no doubt. But as far as dominant skill and dominant physical-ness, only Shaq reminds me of this beast mode.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

or 32-8-8
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Shaq was the most dominating player I've seen. He was unstoppable even if you played perfect defense on him...he was bigger and quicker no matter who guarded him. When Shaq decided to dominate - nothin' could stop him. So, in that aspect I agree with the comparison.

I think the reason why MJ's name is being brought up (other than most consider him the greatest) is his ability to bring back his team from behind and win games that they should not have won.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I agree with what Pete said above...I still believe MJ is the greatest of all time as of today...but it is kinda weird how he has the mind control over people.

Some people who don't even know/watch basketball will tell you MJ is the greatest of all time. Lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
or 32-8-8

Before I throw out some numbers - I want to make it clear. I don't think Lebron is better than Jordan at this point in his career. But, if you want to compare the stats - compare them fairly. Don't pick and choose a year here or a year there.

Jordan's average over first 766 games:
30.96 ppg ---- 5.48 apg ---- 6.21 rpg

Lebron's has played 756 games in his career....his average:
27.6 ppg ---- 6.9 apg ---- 7.3 rpg

Except during his rookie year...Lebron had at least averaged 6 assist a game. He averaged 5.9 in his rookie year.
Except twice in his career...Lebron had at least averaged 7 rebounds a game. He averaged 5.7 in rookie year and 6.7 in his 4th year.

Jordan has averaged over 6 assist a game only 3 times in his career.
Jordan has averaged over 7 rebounds a game only 1 time in his career.

...and Lebron came straight out of high school.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]

or 32-8-8

Before I throw out some numbers - I want to make it clear. I don't think Lebron is better than Jordan at this point in his career. But, if you want to compare the stats - compare them fairly. Don't pick and choose a year here or a year there.

Except during his rookie year...Lebron had at least averaged 6 assist a game. He averaged 5.9 in his rookie year.
Except twice in his career...Lebron had at least averaged 7 rebounds a game. He averaged 5.7 in rookie year and 6.7 in his 4th year.

Was talking about Kobe lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
or 32-8-8

Was talking about Kobe lol

Oh ok - good. I don't have to calculate the average of Kobe's first 700 games.
Tonight, the Suns continue their pwnage over the Minnesota Timberwolves, bwahahaha!
Share 49ersWebzone