There are 164 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Does Marshall Henderson have a shot in the NBA? Kinda like that kid. Kinda reminds me of Chris Herren though, hopefully that doesn't come true.

I think he does. I like him too. Every few years there's a guy that comes around who I feel will be an NBA player because he possesses an abundance of confidence & competitiveness that will overcome their lack of physical ability. The three guys in the last decade who I felt that way about were Steve Blake, Jared Dudley, and Greivis Vasquez. I feel the same way about Henderson. He's too dumb, stubborn, & competitive to know that he belongs in the D-League.

He has an NBA skill (shooting) that teams can use off of the bench. There's a place for him in the pick & roll heavy NBA, IMO.

Reminds me of Steph Curry and how he was an elite shooter but I thought he didn't have the body to play in the NBA. Turns out I was really wrong about Steph.
Does Marshall Henderson have a shot in the NBA? Kinda like that kid. Kinda reminds me of Chris Herren though, hopefully that doesn't come true.

I think he does. I like him too. Every few years there's a guy that comes around who I feel will be an NBA player because he possesses an abundance of confidence & competitiveness that will overcome their lack of physical ability. The three guys in the last decade who I felt that way about were Steve Blake, Jared Dudley, and Greivis Vasquez. I feel the same way about Henderson. He's too dumb, stubborn, & competitive to know that he belongs in the D-League.

He has an NBA skill (shooting) that teams can use off of the bench. There's a place for him in the pick & roll heavy NBA, IMO.

Reminds me of Steph Curry and how he was an elite shooter but I thought he didn't have the body to play in the NBA. Turns out I was really wrong about Steph.

I was really wrong about Steph too, but to be fair he had PG skills that weren't really on display at Davidson, because he was rightfully their #1 scoring option by a wide margin. Steph doesn't have the body to play the SG, but he has some very good PG skills. That's what separates him from a guy like Fredette. If Henderson has that as well, he'll be a very good player.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Mar 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM ]
Lol Jimmer is garbage
I was really wrong about Steph too, but to be fair he had PG skills that weren't really on display at Davidson, because he was rightfully their only scoring option by a wide margin. Steph doesn't have the body to play the SG, but he has some very good PG skills. That's what separates him from a guy like Fredette. If Henderson has that as well, he'll be a very good player.

fixed

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lol Jimmer is garbage

hey at least he didn't get traded 5 months after he was drafted
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
fixed

hey at least he didn't get traded 5 months after he was drafted

I wish he did
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by jrg:
just pointing out facts. dude has averaged 16ppg his career. if you read, i said how he could do more (i believe he will)...you just crowned him as an elite scorer.

actually I never said he was an elite scorer. All I did was mock the criticism about his career average, as if it meant he wasn't capable of scoring more when his "low" average was just because of how he was used.

I think he will finish the year as a top 15 scorer, maybe top 10.

hmmmm....who was right?

This Kayak is bigger than all of yours by a wide margin.

NBA is one of my least favorite sports yet my prediction that Harden is a top 10 scorer and Rockets could make playoffs as a 7th or 8th playoff seed because of the deal.

OH and @ Marsh

Lamb over Harden? lol. Great call before the season.
Originally posted by jrg:
just pointing out facts. dude has averaged 16ppg his career. if you read, i said how he could do more (i believe he will)...you just crowned him as an elite scorer.

actually I never said he was an elite scorer. All I did was mock the criticism about his career average, as if it meant he wasn't capable of scoring more when his "low" average was just because of how he was used.

I think he will finish the year as a top 15 scorer, maybe top 10.

hmmmm....who was right?

NBA is one of my least favorite sports yet my prediction that Harden is a top 10 scorer and Rockets could make playoffs as a 7th or 8th playoff seed because of the deal.

OH and @ Marsh

I have been happy this season with the Rockets. Harden looks like a real star. And we have a young SF in Parsons who is on a rookie deal for 2 more seasons.

And my biggest surprise has been Omer Asik. Rebounding machine.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I have been happy this season with the Rockets. Harden looks like a real star. And we have a young SF in Parsons who is on a rookie deal for 2 more seasons.

And my biggest surprise has been Omer Asik. Rebounding machine.

Yep, I really hope they sneak into playoffs. Will be a great step forward for a very young team.
hmmmm....who was right?

OH and @ Marsh

Lol when did I say lamb over harden? Pretty sure I said Lamb and Kmart on the thunder over Harden.
Can't believe they traded Jeremy Lamb. That dude is silky smooth. Definite future all star IMO. And a guy you can more so build around as compared to Harden. Lets not forget he's been playing with the best scorer in the game in KD and a dynamic pg in Westbrook...both all stars..I think his play will drop off, especially not coming off the bench.

I don't like this trade for the Rockets. Thunder are bosses and got a comparable scorer in Martin and then a GREAT pickup in Lamb. They may lose some this year but damn they are set for a decade if they can get some more post help.

Marsh: "I think his [Harden] play will drop off"

"And a guy [Lamb] you can more so build around as compared to Harden."

I don't even know what I mean by that I sound retarded. I'd EDB of dat crow
I don't even know what I mean by that I sound retarded. I'd EDB of dat crow

Well now I just feel like an ass
hmmmm....who was right?

OH and @ Marsh

#needsahotparalegal
#needsahotparalegal

So, decided on being an English teacher instead of History, huh?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
John Wall ballin tonight

Wizards beat Grizzlies
Share 49ersWebzone