There are 256 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Shabazz Muhammad Lied About His Age: He's 20

Shabazz Muhammad was born in Los Angeles on Nov. 13, 1993 according to the UCLA media guide, but a copy of his birth certificate indicates he was born exactly one year earlier in 1992.

Asked about the discrepancy, Holmes insisted his son was 19 and born in Nevada. "It must be a mistake," he said.

Several minutes later, he changed his account, saying that his son is, in fact, 20 and was born in Long Beach.

"Bazz is going to blow up in the NBA lets team up and blow this thing up!!!" Holmes wrote in a text message. "I'm going to need a publicist anyway why shouldn't it be you. We can do some big things together."
Originally posted by jrg:
Shabazz Muhammad Lied About His Age: He's 20

Shabazz Muhammad was born in Los Angeles on Nov. 13, 1993 according to the UCLA media guide, but a copy of his birth certificate indicates he was born exactly one year earlier in 1992.

Asked about the discrepancy, Holmes insisted his son was 19 and born in Nevada. "It must be a mistake," he said.

Several minutes later, he changed his account, saying that his son is, in fact, 20 and was born in Long Beach.

"Bazz is going to blow up in the NBA lets team up and blow this thing up!!!" Holmes wrote in a text message. "I'm going to need a publicist anyway why shouldn't it be you. We can do some big things together."

Not NBA news.

But the last high school phenom who lied about age was Felipe Lopez. Who ended up being a NBa bust.
nuggets vs. heat finals?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Enjoy Goran Dragic, Michael Beasley, Marcin Gortat, and the 16th pick in a crappy draft.

(plus, I think Cleveland might get this pick anyway)
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
nuggets vs. heat finals?

I think the nuggets are the only team that can play with the heat in the finals
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
nuggets vs. heat finals?

Don't see Nuggets winning the West. Things slow down in the playoffs. Beating OKC in a regular season game is one thing...beating them over the course of 7 games (4 of them on the road...though that isn't set in stone) is going to be very difficult.

But, I like Denver. I just think teams will be able to slow them down in playoffs.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Enjoy Goran Dragic, Michael Beasley, Marcin Gortat, and the 16th pick in a crappy draft.

(plus, I think Cleveland might get this pick anyway)

LOL I'm not a Suns fan, I just found the pic funny.

(IIRC Cleveland gets the pick if the Lakers make the playoffs, they miss and the Suns keep the pick)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
..draft picks are over-rated unless they are in the top 7.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Kobe Bryant at #13 says no.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Kobe Bryant at #13 says no.

Haha yes there are exceptions. Doubt lakers are losing sleep over not having their 1st rd pick.

Was arguing with nuggets fans who say the Nuggets win streak is way more impressive than the Heats win streak. Lol
Originally posted by valrod33:
Was arguing with nuggets fans who say the Nuggets win streak is way more impressive than the Heats win streak. Lol

winning 16 games in a row is more impressive than 26?

Im curious, what was their argument? lol
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by valrod33:

winning 16 games in a row is more impressive than 26?

Im curious, what was their argument? lol

I'm just guessing that the argument is that denver has less talented players on their team. I personally don't agree with that, but if they were both at the same amount of consecutive wins, then I would probably say that denvers run was more impressive.
Does Marshall Henderson have a shot in the NBA? Kinda like that kid. Kinda reminds me of Chris Herren though, hopefully that doesn't come true.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Does Marshall Henderson have a shot in the NBA? Kinda like that kid. Kinda reminds me of Chris Herren though, hopefully that doesn't come true.

I think he does. I like him too. Every few years there's a guy that comes around who I feel will be an NBA player because he possesses an abundance of confidence & competitiveness that will overcome their lack of physical ability. The three guys in the last decade who I felt that way about were Steve Blake, Jared Dudley, and Greivis Vasquez. I feel the same way about Henderson. He's too dumb, stubborn, & competitive to know that he belongs in the D-League.

He has an NBA skill (shooting) that teams can use off of the bench. There's a place for him in the pick & roll heavy NBA, IMO.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Mar 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone