There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Wow. Lakers are playing amazing inspired ball. Crashing the boards on both ends. Flying around all over the court. Smart passes and team ball like I haven't seen probably at any point this season. 21 point lead with just over 2 to go in the 3rd.
Lakers were up 26 when the the bench got emptied and the starters sat down. Amazing game. I hope to see more of this in the future.

And FWIW, Lakers fell into the 8th spot with this win. Also back to .500 for the 3rd time this season. 15-15.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Lakers were up 26 when the the bench got emptied and the starters sat down. Amazing game. I hope to see more of this in the future.

And FWIW, Lakers fell into the 8th spot with this win. Also back to .500 for the 3rd time this season. 15-15.

That was the best performance of the season, IMO. In other games where they've won by blowout, they've been hot from 3. That wasn't the case. But they were playing so well in so many other ways that Portland couldn't hang. The Blazers were playing really well coming into this game. Hopefully a sign of things to come. They're playing pretty good ball right now.
Funniest quote from QFTOS on LG:

<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div>Nash reminds me of Korg from The Fifth Element with that haircut.

Should be Zorg

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM ]
What a game last night

Clippers lakers first round match up!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
What a game last night

hah this is one of my favourite GIFs
Lakers vs sixers starting in 10 minutes.
Lakers start the game horrifically ice cold. Can't buy a bucket.
Lakers shook of the early rust to make it a close game at the half. Then came out in the 3rd and look horrific again.
Gasol is horrible. Wow. Right now he would have to be the most overpaid player in the league. ( I might be missing a couple but he is really awful right now)
Horrible shooting night for the Lakers. Defense was hideous, but that's to be expected.

And again, the Lakers fail to rise over the .500 mark.
Horrible shooting night for the Lakers. Defense was hideous, but that's to be expected.

How did Howard play 39 minutes and only have one made FG? Seems impossible almost.
Originally posted by sacniner:

How did Howard play 39 minutes and only have one made FG? Seems impossible almost.

He played like s**t. Like everybody else. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM ]
The Lakers need to find their groove. They put a game or two together then s**t themselves. I still don't understand why Jamison isn't playing.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com