There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by kray28:
I think you and I disagree on what type of game Kobe had. 34/10/5 is not ever going to be "terrible" in my opinion. With the type of game both bigs turned in, it's entirely understandable why he needed to shoot more.

Like I said, I don't automatically disparage Kobe for the amount of shot attempts he shoots, but he wasted an abnormally large amount of possessions yesterday, and it wasn't necessary. Outside of him, the team shot 50% from the field and 37% from distance. Furthermore, I think that Nash should engender a high level of trust that he's going to get someone a good shot. He did it all game long and that's what he's here to do. No need to take some of those really difficult shots Kobe was taking. We weren't struggling offensively.

There's going to be a feeling out process between he & Nash and my criticism doesn't go beyond this one game, but with this lineup there's no reason we shouldn't get a damn good shot pretty much every time we touch the ball...especially with the emergence of Meeks and MWP knocking it down from the outside.

All that said, this team isn't far away from being frightening. That 4th quarter and OT was exquisite on the offensive end. And that's with no familiarity against a pretty solid team in their home gym. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this squad gel.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Kobe can do no wrong in my eyes, I'll blame Gasol first for something! Lol
Originally posted by titan:

LOL this
I wish we knew how to defend :(
f**k this iPhone
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Dec 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
f**k this iPhone

Today's win makes it 5 in a row, and they get back to .500 on the year. Nash is making it easier out there for everybody.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
f**k this iPhone

I went to post something and it said error then submitted the post twice It was the heat of the moment!
Hollllllly, that was an extremely encouraging game for me today. Steve Nash's pick and roll passes are truly amazing. I mean those passes are getting through spaces that are smaller than the ball, and are in perfect stride and right into the hands of our 7 footers.

Even though our guard defense between Meeks and Nash is...awful... Dwight's presence in the middle made up for it, and I think that's why we ultimately won the game. He was getting tips and hands on everything that Felton was throwing around, and it just ruined that offense. MWP taking out Novak was also a huge blow for them, but it was nice seeing we held them to 16 in the 4th.

Kobe got more open shots today than I've seen him get in a while. I seriously love Steve Nash. His presence out there flat out calms my nerves, he just makes everything so much easier. We got a long way to go but if Dwight gets his explosiveness back, that PnR could take us welllll into June. Good s**t.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Hollllllly, that was an extremely encouraging game for me today. Steve Nash's pick and roll passes are truly amazing. I mean those passes are getting through spaces that are smaller than the ball, and are in perfect stride and right into the hands of our 7 footers.

Even though our guard defense between Meeks and Nash is...awful... Dwight's presence in the middle made up for it, and I think that's why we ultimately won the game. He was getting tips and hands on everything that Felton was throwing around, and it just ruined that offense. MWP taking out Novak was also a huge blow for them, but it was nice seeing we held them to 16 in the 4th.

Kobe got more open shots today than I've seen him get in a while. I seriously love Steve Nash. His presence out there flat out calms my nerves, he just makes everything so much easier. We got a long way to go but if Dwight gets his explosiveness back, that PnR could take us welllll into June. Good s**t.

Nice points... Most NBA games are 2 possession games with 5 minutes remaining, so it pretty much comes down to executing under pressure at end of games. The Thunder series last year was proof that Kobe isolations, kobe-gasol pick and rolls were no longer effective plays to score down the stretch. I really like what I've seen in the last 2 games; lakers are going with the Nash-Howard pick and roll early in the shot clock, then going to Kobe or Gasol if that doesnt get us a good look. With how effective Nash and Howard can be in the PnR, we should get really good looks consistently. I also really liked Nash going to Gasol on the post up against Melo where he got fouled, and obviously Gasol attacking the rim on the play that clinched the game. MWP is playing great as well, so its looking like all the pieces are coming together on offense.
f**k this iPhone

yah man iphone suck balls get a samsung gs3
Originally posted by titan:

ya a better game, even defensively. however, our pick n roll defense will get shred up because of Nash. Howard still needs to step his game up. I hope LA9er is right, maybe it's just his back and still recovering, better be the case.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Ron Artest steppn'n up. Get off the meds, Ditch the world peace crap and let Ron-Ron take over.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Today's win makes it 5 in a row, and they get back to .500 on the year. Nash is making it easier out there for everybody.

How much longer until he misses the rest of the season with a broken back?
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com