There are 180 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

I thought the Lakers were dead until Nash took the floor. Those two MVP trophy's are no mirage.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Wow glad we pulled that out

Kobe was very efficient

Kobe decided that he wasn't going to let the refs take him out of the game. That and he had to make up for Dwight's absence inside.

Kobe was taking awful shots for most of that game. I dislike the "Kobe shoots too much" arguments that are quantified by statistics, because I'm fine with him shooting 30 times if that's what the game calls for...but this one didn't. It's not like he was getting good looks and missing them, he was taking unnecessarily difficult shots. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers went on the run that changed the game when he was out at the beginning of the 4th. Even the BS no calls aside, he was terrible for most of the game yesterday.

That said, it was encouraging to see them get a win with Kobe playing like that and Howard being either on the bench or playing like crap too. Finally saw some really nice sets in the 4th too, where we'd put Gasol & Howard in the high post and run some off-the-ball, Princeton-esque sets that got several open looks after getting the ball to Pau.
Like I said last year, Bynum is a better Center than Howard. It just sucks he can't stay healthy, otherwise I am positive we would've never made that trade.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Like I said last year, Bynum is a better Center than Howard. It just sucks he can't stay healthy, otherwise I am positive we would've never made that trade.

We would've made that trade regardless of Bynum's health, and rightfully so.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Kobe was taking awful shots for most of that game. I dislike the "Kobe shoots too much" arguments that are quantified by statistics, because I'm fine with him shooting 30 times if that's what the game calls for...but this one didn't. It's not like he was getting good looks and missing them, he was taking unnecessarily difficult shots. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers went on the run that changed the game when he was out at the beginning of the 4th. Even the BS no calls aside, he was terrible for most of the game yesterday.

That said, it was encouraging to see them get a win with Kobe playing like that and Howard being either on the bench or playing like crap too. Finally saw some really nice sets in the 4th too, where we'd put Gasol & Howard in the high post and run some off-the-ball, Princeton-esque sets that got several open looks after getting the ball to Pau.

I think you and I disagree on what type of game Kobe had. 34/10/5 is not ever going to be "terrible" in my opinion. With the type of game both bigs turned in, it's entirely understandable why he needed to shoot more.
good game lakers.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good game lakers.

Great game. No matter who won, that game was very entertaining.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good game lakers.

Great game. No matter who won, that game was very entertaining.

One of the most entertaining Laker games I've seen in a while, absolutely awesome
  • titan
  • Veteran
Awesome game! Even better we won, but Dwight just doesn't seem right. I hope he recovers this year I don't think I can wait till next season....that's if he re-signs.
Nash had a pretty efficient game for being out for a third of the season.

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Nash had a pretty efficient game for being out for a third of the season.

40 minutes too, good to see his conditioning is solid...

I did not AT ALL approve of the Nash on Klay Thompson defensive assignment we had going on for the majority of the game and I'm still iffy about this small ball stuff we're doing by putting MWP at the 4...

Jamison hasn't played a minute in a while now either, dog house?
Originally posted by kray28:
I think you and I disagree on what type of game Kobe had. 34/10/5 is not ever going to be "terrible" in my opinion. With the type of game both bigs turned in, it's entirely understandable why he needed to shoot more.

Like I said, I don't automatically disparage Kobe for the amount of shot attempts he shoots, but he wasted an abnormally large amount of possessions yesterday, and it wasn't necessary. Outside of him, the team shot 50% from the field and 37% from distance. Furthermore, I think that Nash should engender a high level of trust that he's going to get someone a good shot. He did it all game long and that's what he's here to do. No need to take some of those really difficult shots Kobe was taking. We weren't struggling offensively.

There's going to be a feeling out process between he & Nash and my criticism doesn't go beyond this one game, but with this lineup there's no reason we shouldn't get a damn good shot pretty much every time we touch the ball...especially with the emergence of Meeks and MWP knocking it down from the outside.

All that said, this team isn't far away from being frightening. That 4th quarter and OT was exquisite on the offensive end. And that's with no familiarity against a pretty solid team in their home gym. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this squad gel.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Kobe can do no wrong in my eyes, I'll blame Gasol first for something! Lol
Originally posted by titan:
Kobe can do no wrong in my eyes, I'll blame Gasol first for something! Lol

LOL this
I wish we knew how to defend :(
Share 49ersWebzone