2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
So after being in the mountains for 5 weeks not being able to watch a single Laker game, finally got a chance to catch last nights game. Glad we won, but can anyone care to explain why we are struggling? I don't wanna go thru this whole thread

D'antoni (sp?) /thread

antoni....no D

i figured that too, but its gotta be more than coaching. probably what stoney just posted

You can just tune sincal out. He's turned into this angry bitter thing of a fan. lol

Yeah I'm bitter for no reason

We're the most spoiled fans in all of professional sports. 1/4 of a season of s**tty play riddled with injuries and you stomp around here pouting like a petulant child.

Lighten up, Francis.

I can't stand Pringles,...he's just as bad as Potato. He's the flip side of the coin though....Brown coached D, and couldn't do anything for the O.

D'Antoni knows his O (although with some crazy pace related flaws), but does nothing on D.

We are so screwed.

The negativity surrounding the team is at a fever pitch....you wouldn't even know that we've won 3 in a row.
Originally posted by kray28:
I can't stand Pringles,...he's just as bad as Potato. He's the flip side of the coin though....Brown coached D, and couldn't do anything for the O.

D'Antoni knows his O (although with some crazy pace related flaws), but does nothing on D.

We are so screwed.

The negativity surrounding the team is at a fever pitch....you wouldn't even know that we've won 3 in a row.

This is more of his reputation than the reality, IMO. I haven't seen anything that suggests that he "knows his O". He has a basic philosophy that's sound, but schematically he's an ideologue. The players have to fit his philosophy...which IMO is as basic as "spread the floor, move the ball, & run pick & rolls", rather than him altering his system to fit his personnel. I just can't say that a guy "knows his O" when he can't figure out how to make Gasol & Howard work together.

That said, the guy who fits this style better than anyone (other than Chris Paul) is about to rejoin the squad, so D'Antoni very well might have the personnel to fit his system. And even aside from Nash, this style is so PG dependent that we've been operating at a tremendous with Duhon & Morris running the show. Essentially, it's been Kobe in a miscast role, so by getting Nash back we're improving at 2 separate positions rather than one.
The biggest flaw of his offense isn't so much that he can't figure out how to use two bigs, it's that he can't figure out how to control to the pace.

He's basically wearing the team down. Pau's already sat from being worn down in the early part of the season, and while Kobe has killer stamina, you know these 40 minute games of running back and forth are going to get to him.

Then what?

The secondary flaw is transition D...a quicker pace makes getting back to stop the ball even harder. The cost of mistakes is effectively multiplied.

Playing smaller with Ron at the 4 has helped though...but that can't be a long term solution. It's just troubling that he actively ignores our core strengths inside and instead is talking nonsense about Pau expanding his game to shooting threes. This guy is gonna get run out of town like he was in NYC.
The biggest flaw of his offense isn't so much that he can't figure out how to use two bigs, it's that he can't figure out how to control to the pace.

He's basically wearing the team down. Pau's already sat from being worn down in the early part of the season, and while Kobe has killer stamina, you know these 40 minute games of running back and forth are going to get to him.

Then what?

The secondary flaw is transition D...a quicker pace makes getting back to stop the ball even harder. The cost of mistakes is effectively multiplied.

Playing smaller with Ron at the 4 has helped though...but that can't be a long term solution. It's just troubling that he actively ignores our core strengths inside and instead is talking nonsense about Pau expanding his game to shooting threes. This guy is gonna get run out of town like he was in NYC.

He was run out of NY because his team sucked just like this one does
Same team that's doing quite well without him now, and did better immediately after he left.

This team/roster is not built to run his system...and rather than change his system to fit the team, he wants to change the team to fit his system.

Kobe's patience is going to wear thin though...if things continue the way they are, there will be a player revolt.
[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM ]
Reports are that Nash will play tonight in Oakland.
Reports are that Nash will play tonight in Oakland.

Still iffy from what I hear...but there's a good chance, yeah.
Change that..looks like Nash is a go.

Like I said.

Like I said.

Will this game be on nationally?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Like I said.

Will this game be on nationally?

No. Check for a link on firstrowsports.eu
Super small now with Dwight off to a s**t start
Rough start shooting wise, I think we'll be ok as long as Lee doesn't continue to rape us on the glass
Ahh well I had hope for this one
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com