There are 153 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

No I'm pretty positive that we still suck or else we wouldn't have been down a million to the Bobcats

Now on to getting worked over by the Warriors who are actually playing competent basketball
My bad double post
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Nice clusterf**k to close the game but whatever

I was coming to post this exact thing. lol

Jeez. The Lakers were trying as hard as they could to f**k that whole thing up.
What a terrible game. Talk about hot and cold defensively.
So after being in the mountains for 5 weeks not being able to watch a single Laker game, finally got a chance to catch last nights game. Glad we won, but can anyone care to explain why we are struggling? I don't wanna go thru this whole thread
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
So after being in the mountains for 5 weeks not being able to watch a single Laker game, finally got a chance to catch last nights game. Glad we won, but can anyone care to explain why we are struggling? I don't wanna go thru this whole thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Steve Nash, on what's ailing the Lakers. He hit the nail on the head, IMO:

"The wings have to get to the corner to create space," Nash said. "The bigs have to run their man to create separation, and when they can get out quickly to create separation, when they can get a piece of their guy and get out quickly to the basket and when we create an advantage and that point guard is guarded by the big, then the flow opens up. "But if we don't get any separation from our men, we don't set good picks, and we don't get off the pick quickly, then they can just slide through and cover us and we're back to 5-on-5. "I think that's a dangerous position for our team because we don't create easy shots for each other and we have to take long, guarded shots which ends up killing our defense because then they run out on them. We need to get it going downhill a little bit, open up their defense and make them scramble a little bit to make room for our bigs down low and our point guards."

This.

D'antoni (sp?) /thread
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

D'antoni (sp?) /thread

antoni....no D

i figured that too, but its gotta be more than coaching. probably what stoney just posted

D'antoni (sp?) /thread

antoni....no D

i figured that too, but its gotta be more than coaching. probably what stoney just posted

You can just tune sincal out. He's turned into this angry bitter thing of a fan. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

D'antoni (sp?) /thread

antoni....no D

You can just tune sincal out. He's turned into this angry bitter thing of a fan. lol

Yeah I'm bitter for no reason

D'antoni (sp?) /thread

antoni....no D

We're the most spoiled fans in all of professional sports. 1/4 of a season of s**tty play riddled with injuries and you stomp around here pouting like a petulant child.

Lighten up, Francis.

D'antoni (sp?) /thread

antoni....no D

We're the most spoiled fans in all of professional sports. 1/4 of a season of s**tty play riddled with injuries and you stomp around here pouting like a petulant child.

Lighten up, Francis.

• kray28
  • Veteran
I can't stand Pringles,...he's just as bad as Potato. He's the flip side of the coin though....Brown coached D, and couldn't do anything for the O.

D'Antoni knows his O (although with some crazy pace related flaws), but does nothing on D.

We are so screwed.

The negativity surrounding the team is at a fever pitch....you wouldn't even know that we've won 3 in a row.
Originally posted by kray28:
I can't stand Pringles,...he's just as bad as Potato. He's the flip side of the coin though....Brown coached D, and couldn't do anything for the O.

D'Antoni knows his O (although with some crazy pace related flaws), but does nothing on D.

We are so screwed.

The negativity surrounding the team is at a fever pitch....you wouldn't even know that we've won 3 in a row.

This is more of his reputation than the reality, IMO. I haven't seen anything that suggests that he "knows his O". He has a basic philosophy that's sound, but schematically he's an ideologue. The players have to fit his philosophy...which IMO is as basic as "spread the floor, move the ball, & run pick & rolls", rather than him altering his system to fit his personnel. I just can't say that a guy "knows his O" when he can't figure out how to make Gasol & Howard work together.

That said, the guy who fits this style better than anyone (other than Chris Paul) is about to rejoin the squad, so D'Antoni very well might have the personnel to fit his system. And even aside from Nash, this style is so PG dependent that we've been operating at a tremendous with Duhon & Morris running the show. Essentially, it's been Kobe in a miscast role, so by getting Nash back we're improving at 2 separate positions rather than one.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The biggest flaw of his offense isn't so much that he can't figure out how to use two bigs, it's that he can't figure out how to control to the pace.

He's basically wearing the team down. Pau's already sat from being worn down in the early part of the season, and while Kobe has killer stamina, you know these 40 minute games of running back and forth are going to get to him.

Then what?

The secondary flaw is transition D...a quicker pace makes getting back to stop the ball even harder. The cost of mistakes is effectively multiplied.

Playing smaller with Ron at the 4 has helped though...but that can't be a long term solution. It's just troubling that he actively ignores our core strengths inside and instead is talking nonsense about Pau expanding his game to shooting threes. This guy is gonna get run out of town like he was in NYC.
Share 49ersWebzone