There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• BobS
  • Veteran
LJ's streak including shooting over 60%. Kobe put up quite a few 40 plus points games by being a less than 40% shooting ball hog.
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
LJ's streak including shooting over 60%. Kobe put up quite a few 40 plus points games by being a less than 40% shooting ball hog.

Yeah He definitely should've passed the ball more to Smush Parker and Kwame Brown
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah He definitely should've passed the ball more to Smush Parker and Kwame Brown
Shooting less than 50% I believe takes the shine off a high scoring game as it is just a product of heaving up a lot of shots and not having a hot shooting night. Lebron is shooting over 60% on his streak and they aren't all dunks and lay-ups.

I know that facts aren't your strong suit, Bob, but...

1) Kobe shot 58% during his 50+ppg streak.
2) He shot 50% during his 40+ppg streak.
3) Individual FG% is about as important to winning as a QB that passes for 300 yards is.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

3) Individual FG% is about as important to winning as a QB that passes for 300 yards is.

pwnt lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran

I realize you think your a genius in every subject know to man but that statement makes zero sense.

I realize you think your a genius in every subject know to man but that statement makes zero sense.

Points 1 and 2 did pwn you though. I would have thought Kobe had a terrible shooting % as well but would have checked before making that statement.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Points 1 and 2 did pwn you though. I would have thought Kobe had a terrible shooting % as well but would have checked before making that statement.
Not exactly, Kobe had 129 forty point or more games as of last year, in 53 of those he shot less that 50%.
Not exactly, Kobe had 129 forty point or more games as of last year, in 53 of those he shot less that 50%.

Maybe but you are changing the parameters. Your original comments were on his streak in comparison to LBJ. Not his entire career.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Maybe but you are changing the parameters. Your original comments were on his streak in comparison to LBJ. Not his entire career.
I have hated the Lakers since 1969 when I was 8 years old, Kobe Bryant is a Laker.

I have hated the Lakers since 1969 when I was 8 years old, Kobe Bryant is a Laker.

Then your argument is invalrod because you're just a hater. lol

And as far as your response to point 3, obviously the Lakers have had unbelievable success and won more games than just about anybody during Kobe's career, so that statement does indeed make sense.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
No doubt Kobe Bryant is one of the all time greats, I just don't get all excited about him or any other player scoring a lot of points in a game unless they were lights out shooting the ball.
Quite surprised J. Buss doesn't have his own thread upon his passing; that being said, condolences to Lakerland. I imagine he means just as much as Eddie D. means to me, to a handful of you, so... Respect.

It only felt good beating his teams (on the rare occasion it happened) because his teams meant something, year in and year out. As fans, we all should be so lucky. That, and, I can't even imagine the house-parties that he threw; rivaled, in Hollywood to only Hef, I'm sure.

*doffs cap*

Hey socalers, have you guys heard of anything planned as far as a public ceremony for Dr Buss? Something like the 49ers did for Bill Walsh when he passed.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com