LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
When Kobe said you guys were gonna make the playoffs I got chills because I believe that dude. And if you do make it I won't be surprised if you make it to the heat.

I'd be pissed off to be a fan of a team that played well all year to get the #1 or #2 seed, only to see a Laker squad that was playing .700+ ball (which is probably close to what they'll need to play to make the playoffs) in the 1st Round. Especially if they're healthy. Nash missed 24 games, Pau will miss half the season, and Dwight's been at 75% all year between his back and now the shoulder issue, which is supposedly getting better. That's been a killer on a team that isn't built for depth.

If they're healthy and playing .700+ ball, that's a pretty f**ked up 7th or 8th seed.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
When Kobe said you guys were gonna make the playoffs I got chills because I believe that dude. And if you do make it I won't be surprised if you make it to the heat.

I'd be pissed off to be a fan of a team that played well all year to get the #1 or #2 seed, only to see a Laker squad that was playing .700+ ball (which is probably close to what they'll need to play to make the playoffs) in the 1st Round. Especially if they're healthy. Nash missed 24 games, Pau will miss half the season, and Dwight's been at 75% all year between his back and now the shoulder issue, which is supposedly getting better. That's been a killer on a team that isn't built for depth.

If they're healthy and playing .700+ ball, that's a pretty f**ked up 7th or 8th seed.

Haha that would suck so bad.

When is Pau expected back?

Haha that would suck so bad.

When is Pau expected back?

Top of April-ish
Kobe is delusional. Lakers will be watching the playoffs at home.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lakers will make the playoffs and win the title as 8th seed.

book it / thread
Originally posted by SFrush:
Kobe is delusional. Lakers will be watching the playoffs at home.

If there's one dude in the NBA who could pull it off its Kobe. He'll get the best out of everyone.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
If there's one dude in the NBA who could pull it off its Kobe. He'll get the best out of everyone.
What's stopped him from getting the best out of everyone from the start of the season? Injuries are an excuse, everyone has them.

The Lakers are old, slow, mediocre defensively and they have an awful coach. Good luck getting that 8th seed.
Originally posted by Hopper:
What's stopped him from getting the best out of everyone from the start of the season? Injuries are an excuse, everyone has them.

The Lakers are old, slow, mediocre defensively and they have an awful coach. Good luck getting that 8th seed.

The problems have extended beyond injuries, but not everyone has had injuries to their main guys to the extent that the Lakers have. In fact, very few teams have.
Originally posted by Hopper:

The problems have extended beyond injuries, but not everyone has had injuries to their main guys to the extent that the Lakers have. In fact, very few teams have.

Yea even I can agree to this and I'm an avid lakers hater. But I also have basketball knowledge lol. I've learned over the years to not count Kobe out until its really over.

Also the whole Dr buss passing is a little bit of motivation
The Lakers are 3 1/2 games out of the 8 seed with 28 games to play, so it's silly to count them out at this point.

Houston @ Brooklyn
Utah @ Clippers
Blazers @ Lakers

Could be 2 1/2 by night's end.

The Lakers are 3 1/2 games out of the 8 seed with 28 games to play, so it's silly to count them out at this point.

Houston @ Brooklyn
Utah @ Clippers
Blazers @ Lakers

You guys will make the playoffs. I have never doubted this. If you don't, it would be the greatest NBA debacle I've seen. Because of the crazy expectations of course...
Originally posted by sacniner:

Houston @ Brooklyn
Utah @ Clippers
Blazers @ Lakers

You guys will make the playoffs. I have never doubted this. If you don't, it would be the greatest NBA debacle I've seen. Because of the crazy expectations of course...

It's already been toeing the line of greatest NBA debacle I've ever seen. Only reason it isn't is because the season isn't over. The fact that we're even having this conversation is something that no one could have predicted.
It's already been toeing the line of greatest NBA debacle I've ever seen. Only reason it isn't is because the season isn't over. The fact that we're even having this conversation is something that no one could have predicted.

True... Its been pretty crazy. Every time you think they are going to finally turn it on they hit some kind of road bump. Will this be the best 7th or 8th seed ever?
Won't be home in time got tip off. Catch you guys in guys 2nd half.
AHA!!
Share 49ersWebzone