LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
And LOL at the people still against David Lee. The guy battles and battles EVERY NIGHT, most nights without a true center near him, and he has helped our team in becoming a top 5 or 6 rebounding team. People cry and b***h that he's overpaid. Guess what......I can name a s**tload of other players that are overpaid and doesn't even get close to playing to the amount they've received.

Oh, and if you think posting a quote from the "great" Tim Kawakami helps your claim, you've lost all credibility. Kawakami is the worst journalist in the bay area.

As for David Lee.. there are just people that want to rip him because of his contract. We ALL know he is overpaid. DUH. However, to say he is trash or a below average NBA player is just ridiculous. Anyone who says that really loses any credibility with me as far as NBA knowledge goes. If Lee was making 3M per season everyone would love the guy. Sure, he has defensive liabilities. Maybe if he had a true Center who could play defense that wouldnt be such a big deal.

First of all, quoting Tim Kawakami doesnt help your claim if you are quoting his opinion. I dont understand how your personal dislike for the guy can make you claim my credibility is lost for quoting a STATISTIC that he posted. TK provided statistical evidence as to why Lee's rebounding is overrated. If you want to dismiss it, fine.

Again, I took back my comment about calling him trash. But he still isnt nearly as good as you think he is. It has nothing to do with the amount of money he makes. It has to do with the fact that he is terrible on defense. It has to do with the fact that he is an overrated rebounder. It has to do with the fact that he is simply a good offensive player, not much more. Isn't he basically the power forward version of Monta Ellis? The player that has gotten bashed on here over and over?

We are never going to see eye to eye on Lee. But to say I lose basketball knowledge credibility because I dont think he is a good player is a joke. The fact that you have to say the bolded says all that needs to be said. Lee's value is based upon the players put around him, not his skill level.

David Lee is an above average player in this league who is paid way too much. I guess you suddendly dont think he is trash now after calling him that before. Well at least you admit your mistake. As for being the power version of Monta Elllis.. well I liked Monta as a player too. I never would have called him trash or a below average player either. So, if that is the comparison you want to make I would be fine with it. Both solid NBA players.
sup with these big gaps in between games? next couple days are gonna suxors
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
sup with these big gaps in between games? next couple days are gonna suxors

This. Another big game on Thursday against the Nuggets. I'll be at the game. Hopefully I won't leave disappointed.
Your whole argument started with saying how he was way overpaid, but now you just don't think he's good cuz he's terrible on defense? Ok, considering this is a guy that has to defend centers like D12, Brook Lopez, etc. but when he plays the 4 and guards guys like Aldridge or Kevin Love, he does well.

And no, he isn't the PF version of Monta. It's hilarious that people still bash Ellis and not giving him the credit he deserves as a passer, as a rebounder, and as a defender. If you are blind to see how much he progressed throughout his career as a Warrior, then I don't even know how you see things in the basketball world.

I think its a fair comparison
Monta and Lee are both good but not great players. Both good scorers and good offensively and below average defenders. Both are good and underrated passers.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Your whole argument started with saying how he was way overpaid, but now you just don't think he's good cuz he's terrible on defense? Ok, considering this is a guy that has to defend centers like D12, Brook Lopez, etc. but when he plays the 4 and guards guys like Aldridge or Kevin Love, he does well.

And no, he isn't the PF version of Monta. It's hilarious that people still bash Ellis and not giving him the credit he deserves as a passer, as a rebounder, and as a defender. If you are blind to see how much he progressed throughout his career as a Warrior, then I don't even know how you see things in the basketball world.

I think its a fair comparison
Monta and Lee are both good but not great players. Both good scorers and good offensively and below average defenders. Both are good and underrated passers.

When you say it like that, then maybe I can see it.
And LOL at the people still against David Lee. The guy battles and battles EVERY NIGHT, most nights without a true center near him, and he has helped our team in becoming a top 5 or 6 rebounding team. People cry and b***h that he's overpaid. Guess what......I can name a s**tload of other players that are overpaid and doesn't even get close to playing to the amount they've received.

Oh, and if you think posting a quote from the "great" Tim Kawakami helps your claim, you've lost all credibility. Kawakami is the worst journalist in the bay area.

As for David Lee.. there are just people that want to rip him because of his contract. We ALL know he is overpaid. DUH. However, to say he is trash or a below average NBA player is just ridiculous. Anyone who says that really loses any credibility with me as far as NBA knowledge goes. If Lee was making 3M per season everyone would love the guy. Sure, he has defensive liabilities. Maybe if he had a true Center who could play defense that wouldnt be such a big deal.

First of all, quoting Tim Kawakami doesnt help your claim if you are quoting his opinion. I dont understand how your personal dislike for the guy can make you claim my credibility is lost for quoting a STATISTIC that he posted. TK provided statistical evidence as to why Lee's rebounding is overrated. If you want to dismiss it, fine.

Again, I took back my comment about calling him trash. But he still isnt nearly as good as you think he is. It has nothing to do with the amount of money he makes. It has to do with the fact that he is terrible on defense. It has to do with the fact that he is an overrated rebounder. It has to do with the fact that he is simply a good offensive player, not much more. Isn't he basically the power forward version of Monta Ellis? The player that has gotten bashed on here over and over?

We are never going to see eye to eye on Lee. But to say I lose basketball knowledge credibility because I dont think he is a good player is a joke. The fact that you have to say the bolded says all that needs to be said. Lee's value is based upon the players put around him, not his skill level.

David Lee is an above average player in this league who is paid way too much. I guess you suddendly dont think he is trash now after calling him that before. Well at least you admit your mistake. As for being the power version of Monta Elllis.. well I liked Monta as a player too. I never would have called him trash or a below average player either. So, if that is the comparison you want to make I would be fine with it. Both solid NBA players.

I liked Monta. And I am not saying I agreed with the comparison. I was simply stating the opinion of the masses on here.

Wholeheartedly disagree with the bolded. He gets regularly abused by PFs in the West. We lose the PF matchup almost every game.

Dont disagree with your second paragraph. Again, I am not saying I agree with the comparison to Monta. I think Monta was much better at everything (scoring aside) that people give him credit for. But people on here have regularly stated Monta needed to go because he was a great scorer, terrible defender and didnt do much of anything else well. I was merely pointing out the fact that people seem to love David Lee for what he brings to the table, yet didnt like Monta for bringing the same thing to the table essentially.
I liked Monta. And I am not saying I agreed with the comparison. I was simply stating the opinion of the masses on here.

Wholeheartedly disagree with the bolded. He gets regularly abused by PFs in the West. We lose the PF matchup almost every game.

Dont disagree with your second paragraph. Again, I am not saying I agree with the comparison to Monta. I think Monta was much better at everything (scoring aside) that people give him credit for. But people on here have regularly stated Monta needed to go because he was a great scorer, terrible defender and didnt do much of anything else well. I was merely pointing out the fact that people seem to love David Lee for what he brings to the table, yet didnt like Monta for bringing the same thing to the table essentially.

ok, at least we're on the same page with that.

I dont think its true at ALL that people are in love with David Lee. In fact, I dont remember anyone ever on this board going overboard on him. We all know he isnt great on defense and is paid too much money. Where I and everyone else in here ( who have commented) disagreed with you was your trash comment. Obviously David Lee is not close to being trash. He is a solid NBA player that every single team in the league would have on their roster ( at a reasonable contract). If you came out and said the Warriors would be better off without David Lee's contract I would not have disagreed. But ridiculing him as a terrible player was way over the top.
still discussing david lee i see, why the long break in between games?????
David Lee is an above average player in this league who is paid way too much.

In no order:

Kevin Love
Kevin Garnett
Chris Bosh
LaMarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzki
Amare Stoudamire
Blake Griffin
Josh Smith
Demarcus Cousins
Luis Scola
Pau Gasol
Zach Randolph
Carlos Boozer
Tim Duncan
Paul Milsap
Serge Ibaka

Thats 16 guys right there that I would rather have.

Then there are players like....

Kenneth Faried
Ryan Anderson
Omer Asik

who are young up and comers that are questionable as to if they are better than Lee.

Then there are players like.....

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony

.....who are clearly better than Lee but arent always playing the 4.

I dont see how anyone can say Lee is an above average power forward when there are at least 16 guys that any GM would rather have.....and up to 20-22 if you want to debate about it. Contract has absolutely nothing to do with that either.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM ]

I'd take Lee over Stoudemire, Boozer, & Scola.
In no order:

Kevin Love
Kevin Garnett - wouldn't take due to age and injuries
Chris Bosh
LaMarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzki
Amare Stoudamire - wouldn't take due to injury. defense is also questionable.
Blake Griffin
Josh Smith - one of my favorite players, but offensive game has dipped.
Demarcus Cousins - doesn't he play center?
Luis Scola - IMO very similar player to Lee
Pau Gasol
Zach Randolph
Carlos Boozer - game has dipped. inconsistent play
Tim Duncan
Paul Milsap
Serge Ibaka

If we're talking right now in this season....please see bolded
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I agree. I also think David Lee might be good in the Lakers new offense although he isnt a great outside shooter that Dantoni loves.

The power forward position is possibly the strongest position in the NBA in terms of talent. So, when I say that David Lee is an above average NBA player that does not mean I think he is a top 10 NBA power forward. But now 80Baby wants to go from calling Lee trash to comparing him with the top PFs in the league. LOL
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I agree. I also think David Lee might be good in the Lakers new offense although he isnt a great outside shooter that Dantoni loves.

The power forward position is possibly the strongest position in the NBA in terms of talent. So, when I say that David Lee is an above average NBA player that does not mean I think he is a top 10 NBA power forward. But now 80Baby wants to go from calling Lee trash to comparing him with the top PFs in the league. LOL

I have taken back that comment many times and reworded my opinion. Yet you still want to be hung up on the word trash. Like I said, he is an average player when just judging his skills....and he is trash when comparing said skills to his contract.

I dont understand how you can say that I am comparing him with "top PFs in the league" when I listed 20 power forwards. Makes zero sense.

In no order:

Kevin Love
Kevin Garnett - wouldn't take due to age and injuries
Chris Bosh
LaMarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzki
Amare Stoudamire - wouldn't take due to injury. defense is also questionable.
Blake Griffin
Josh Smith - one of my favorite players, but offensive game has dipped.
Demarcus Cousins - doesn't he play center?
Luis Scola - IMO very similar player to Lee
Pau Gasol
Zach Randolph
Carlos Boozer - game has dipped. inconsistent play
Tim Duncan
Paul Milsap
Serge Ibaka

If we're talking right now in this season....please see bolded

OK this season, so you are discounting the injured players? I guess I can buy that, however Amare Stoudamire is a better player than Lee. Period. Garnett, although old, is still playing at a high level. If we were talking strictly this season and not beyond, I still have Garnett over Lee when talking overall game. Saying Josh Smith's offensive game has dipped so you would rather have Lee than him is laughable. There isnt a single GM in the NBA would agree with that. DeMarcus Cousins plays power forward as much as David Lee does. He moves over at times too, but he is a power forward. Luis Scola, I can buy. They are similar players but I prefer Scola. I have no issue with you preferring Lee. Boozer's game has dipped? Why because he is averagint 2 points less per game than his career average?

All in all, I dont really buy many of your bolded points, if any.
I have taken back that comment many times and reworded my opinion. Yet you still want to be hung up on the word trash. Like I said, he is an average player when just judging his skills....and he is trash when comparing said skills to his contract.

I dont understand how you can say that I am comparing him with "top PFs in the league" when I listed 20 power forwards. Makes zero sense.

OK this season, so you are discounting the injured players? I guess I can buy that, however Amare Stoudamire is a better player than Lee. Period. Garnett, although old, is still playing at a high level. If we were talking strictly this season and not beyond, I still have Garnett over Lee when talking overall game. Saying Josh Smith's offensive game has dipped so you would rather have Lee than him is laughable. There isnt a single GM in the NBA would agree with that. DeMarcus Cousins plays power forward as much as David Lee does. He moves over at times too, but he is a power forward. Luis Scola, I can buy. They are similar players but I prefer Scola. I have no issue with you preferring Lee. Boozer's game has dipped? Why because he is averagint 2 points less per game than his career average?

All in all, I dont really buy many of your bolded points, if any.

Like I said, Josh Smith is one of my favorite players, but I stick to my opinion that I would rather have Lee than Smith. Sure, Smith is a much better defender, but Lee is a lot more consistent in the offensive side of the ball, and that includes his ability as a passer. What I don't like from Smith this season is that he's chucking a lot more shots from mid range to 3-pt range than he should. Explain why you prefer Scola if they're similar players. I actually give the slight defensive edge to David Lee. Scola flops and holds. I have a ton of friends that are Chicago Bulls fans and they absolutely are NOT Boozer fans. Talk about someone that isn't playing anywhere near the contract he received. He was unstoppable at Utah and his offensive game dipped.

The way I look at it, you just really dislike David Lee for reasons I can't even fathom. First you say he's trash, then you take it back and say it's his contract, then you say it's cuz he sucks on defense. Ok, we get it. You don't like David Lee
[ Edited by SF69ers on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone