There are 164 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I am curious about something. Who do you guys think is our best player? The fact that I personally cant answer this question with any sort conviction, means there is a problem.

I hate David Lee. He is such trash. And he is paid like a superstar. We will never be good with this dude on our team.

Calling David Lee such trash is really not centered into any kind of reality. Don't know where you were headed with that, but it just isn't the case and I'm sure you probably know that.

He is overpaid, that's for sure. But he's not trash.
Lee is one dude who maximizes his potential. What he lacks in physical ability is more than compensated by his bull- dog tenacity and intestinal fortitude. Not a bad guy to have on the team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I doubt you would find anyone that wouldnt say he is overpaid. Lots of guys are way overpaid and the Warriors have 2 guys who are far worse than him. (Jefferson and Biedrins). As for being an average rebounder.. well the guy is 6th in the NBA in rebounds. Pretty hard to be just "average" and be in the top 6 in my opinion.

He has always been a much better than average rebounder. Always.

The Warriors are and have been a better rebounding team with David Lee on the bench than we are and have been with him on the court.

That should tell you all you need to know. Calling him an average rebounder is kind.
I doubt you would find anyone that wouldnt say he is overpaid. Lots of guys are way overpaid and the Warriors have 2 guys who are far worse than him. (Jefferson and Biedrins). As for being an average rebounder.. well the guy is 6th in the NBA in rebounds. Pretty hard to be just "average" and be in the top 6 in my opinion.

The Warriors are and have been a better rebounding team with David Lee on the bench than we are and have been with him on the court.

That should tell you all you need to know. Calling him an average rebounder is kind.

And calling him trash is beyond idiotic.

So he is an above average scorer, a terrible defender and an average at best rebounder. What would that equal out to in your opinion then? Just below average? Fine, I shouldnt have called him trash. I should have called him a below average player that is being paid like a superstar. Fair?

So he is an above average scorer, a terrible defender and an average at best rebounder. What would that equal out to in your opinion then? Just below average? Fine, I shouldnt have called him trash. I should have called him a below average player that is being paid like a superstar. Fair?

LOL ummmm NO. Not even close to fair or accurate. Is he overpaid.. of course. Just like a LOT of players and he isnt even in the top 2 Warriors when it comes to that.

Lets see Lee's stats for his career:
Player Efficiency 88th of all the players ever to play the game
Shooting percentage .536 (26th of ALL time)
Offensive Career Rating.. 37th of all time
Total Rebound % 34th all time ( But you claim the Warriors are a better rebounding team with him on bench LOL)

Calling him a below average player is equally idiotic.
LOL ummmm NO. Not even close to fair or accurate. Is he overpaid.. of course. Just like a LOT of players and he isnt even in the top 2 Warriors when it comes to that.

Total Rebound % 34th all time ( But you claim the Warriors are a better rebounding team with him on bench LOL)

Not my claim. Its a fact. But LOL all you want pal.

(was supposed to say season)

Oh, and btw....you list his shooting percentage as a reason Lee is good. His shooting percentage is lower than Andris Biedrins'.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM ]

Oh, and btw....you list his shooting percentage as a reason Lee is good. His shooting percentage is lower than Andris Biedrins'.

Yep. I will laugh at anyone who calls Lee trash... pal

Notice you had no comeback for the 88th player in NBA HISTORY on player efficiency. By the way, that covers rebounding, defense, and offense.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 24, 2012 at 7:50 PM ]

And thats fine. While Lee puts up empty stats and is abused by virtually every PF he matches up with, you can continue to believe he is a good player.

But as long as we are pals, I am happy.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM ]

And thats fine. While Lee puts up empty stats and is abused by virtually every PF he matches up with, you can continue to believe he is a good player.

I agree that Lee is not a great defender and is overpaid. But you went way overboard on your comments.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM ]

80's, if you would try to debate a point without leading with something like "Lee is such trash" it would be better. David Lee is not a superstar; the Warriors overpaid for him (as is common in the NBA); but he certainly isn't "trash".

And you know that.
Originally posted by dcsham:

80's, if you would try to debate a point without leading with something like "Lee is such trash" it would be better. David Lee is not a superstar; the Warriors overpaid for him (as is common in the NBA); but he certainly isn't "trash".

And you know that.

Fair enough. I think David Lee's overall game is below average. But I would have been attacked if I wrote that too. But your point is noted. I shoulnt have led off that way.

My opinion is David lee is he is below average when just looking at his skills. When you combine that with his salary, I believe he is trash. Is that more fair?
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]
Watching the Warriors, they continue to be horribly bad at ball movement. Just pathetic.
Fair enough. I think David Lee's overall game is below average. But I would have been attacked if I wrote that too. But your point is noted. I shoulnt have led off that way.

My opinion is David lee is below average when just looking at his skills. When you combine that with his salary, I believe he is trash. Is that more fair?

I don't agree that his overall game is below average. I think his skills would be much more appreciated if he played on a top 10 team, which the Warriors are not. Anytime somebody is called trash it will evoke negative emotion and no, I do not agree you would have been attacked if you would have said his game was below average.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Watching the Warriors, they continue to be horribly bad at ball movement. Just pathetic.

Yep. And I think that starts with the fact that we have an undersized 2 guard running the point.
Share 49ersWebzone