There are 146 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Yea man. He's still not the physical post presence we had hoped for, but his offensive game has grown and his confidence is continuing to skyrocket.

he also had 5 blocks in the 2 games so he's still a good shot blocker
oh well

Nellie would go on and on about how B-Wright would dominate during practice in the offseason and that he would start at PF, but he felt so much pressure to play Randolph more minutes as the season progressed. Tough situation...Wright was the more technical, professional type of player while Randolph had the potential to be something special but was too much of a headcase.
Funny to see all the Curry hate in this thread. If I recall, it took Nash 4 years before he was even a consistent starter, not to mention any kind of factor in the NBA and now he's a HOFer. It took Nash 10 years in the league to score at least 18 PPG; Curry did it in his second year...Curry's PG scoring, steals PG, 3-pt %, FG%, Assist PG% even rebounding is better than Nash in his first 4 years. By every statistical measure, Curry is a better player than Nash was in his first 3-4 years, but he's already being written off (sort of like Nash was early on).

No patience anymore, no factoring in a better supporting cast and no perspective.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Funny to see all the Curry hate in this thread. If I recall, it took Nash 4 years before he was even a consistent starter, not to mention any kind of factor in the NBA and now he's a HOFer. It took Nash 10 years in the league to score at least 18 PPG; Curry did it in his second year...Curry's PG scoring, steals PG, 3-pt %, FG%, Assist PG% even rebounding is better than Nash in his first 4 years. By every statistical measure, Curry is a better player than Nash was in his first 3-4 years, but he's already being written off (sort of like Nash was early on).

No patience anymore, no factoring in a better supporting cast and no perspective.

Well Curry is a completely different type of player than Nash but I still like Steph. I know you weren't referring to me but I think he can be special if he stays healthy.

1 bad game to start the season doesn't change my feelings. I still think he can be a top 7 PG if he stays healthy

You know how people overreact over things around here.

Curry is a decent PG for sure. Would I rather have Rondo over him? Absolutely, but that's not the point right now. The thing I've always been worried about is giving him this contract knowing how fragile his ankle is. The contract is definitely friendly and can be traded to a team that could use a scorer. It's just hard to believe that he could last a whole season on that bum ankle.

Well Curry is a completely different type of player than Nash but I still like Steph. I know you weren't referring to me but I think he can be special if he stays healthy.

1 bad game to start the season doesn't change my feelings. I still think he can be a top 7 PG if he stays healthy

Wasn't referring to any one person in particular...just surprised in general how quickly he's being written off. And I actually think Nash and Steph have very similar skills/abilities. Not exactly alike (especially the Nash we know now), but overall, pretty similar. But the bigger point of course was that it took Nash 5 years into his career before he really showed what he can do, and Curry has already surpassed that level of play in his first 3 years. So there's something to be said for patience with this kid.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Nov 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Wasn't referring to any one person in particular...just surprised in general how quickly he's being written off. And I actually think Nash and Steph have very similar skills/abilities. Not exactly alike (especially the Nash we know now), but overall, pretty similar. But the bigger point of course was that it took Nash 5 years into his career before he really showed what he can do, and Curry has already surpassed that level of play in his first 3 years. So there's something to be said for patience with this kid.

I agree.

SF69er and I were just discussing how we weren't patient enough with Brandon Wright and he's been doing well in his first couple of games with the Mavs this season
bob meyers was on damon bruce earlier and he answered the question in a pretty straight forward manner: "we had to bet on stephen curry or bet against him, and we choose to bet on him."

it was a decent interview, he didnt beat around the bush. i like bob meyers.
[ Edited by schmons on Nov 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
bob meyers was on damon bruce earlier and he answered the question in a pretty straight forward manner: "we had to bet on stephen curry or bet against him, and we choose to bet on him."

I like him too. He seems to know what he's doing. I've liked every move he's made so far as GM
Trading for Jack
Signing Landry
Drafting Barnes, Ezeli, and Green
Curry's extension
And I've read that he had a big role in the Bogut trade

All moves made sense
[ Edited by ImaMod on Nov 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM ]
are there still tix for today's game? lightweight wanna go
  • Garce
  • Veteran

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
are there still tix for today's game? lightweight wanna go

I think so. A bout a hour ago on the radio they said they still had some seats. Might wanna check out the box office at oracle.
magic johnson said the warriors are a sleeper team with a lot of talent
Have a good weekend, folks! Go Warriors!

I like him too. He seems to know what he's doing. I've liked every move he's made so far as GM
Trading for Jack
Signing Landry
Curry's extension

All moves made sense

richard jefferson trade?

Trading for Jack
Signing Landry
Curry's extension

All moves made sense

I like Myers a lot. I think that this year's draft will turn out to be exceptional. I'm thinking Ezeli is going to be a very good player in the league for a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone