LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

2012 Oregon Ducks Football Thread (GO DUCKS!!!)

Stanford clearly outplayed the Ducks in this game. Regardless of the kicker, the refs, the play calling, etc... the better team on Sat night won the game.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Stanford clearly outplayed the Ducks in this game. Regardless of the kicker, the refs, the play calling, etc... the better team on Sat night won the game.

lol even though Stanford was losing until that call was f**ked up
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

If Stanford doesnt give the ball up on fumbles 3 times that game isnt close. But, you can think anything you want. Anyone impartial that watched that game would agree that Stanford was the better team on this one night.

If Stanford doesnt give the ball up on fumbles 3 times that game isnt close. But, you can think anything you want. Anyone impartial that watched that game would agree that Stanford was the better team on this one night.

I am impartial I don't root for either but I've followed Oregon all year since my roommates are Oregon grads. Stanford playing outstanding football last night nobody is taking anything from Stanford however that call had no business being overturned. The officiating was atrocious both ways

I am impartial I don't root for either but I've followed Oregon all year since my roommates are Oregon grads. Stanford playing outstanding football last night nobody is taking anything from Stanford however that call had no business being overturned. The officiating was atrocious both ways

This is not a conversation most would choose to join in, but I agree on this one. As much as that called catch benefitted me/ND, I was very shocked it was overturned. The amount of bobbling before and after his shoulder hit white paint was blatant. (But, hey, what do I know, I thought the whistle should have blown (like it properly was), when the Cardinal RB was frozen out of our goaline in OT.)

Lol John I respect your opinion, but Stanford is not the better team... Like Sin said, we were playing the worst game of the year and were still leading in the 4th quarter. Plus, if De'Anthony Thomas wasn't an idiot on that long should've-been TD run by Mariota and blocked the guy behind them instead of running ahead to celebrate, the game could've been COMPLETELY different. Instead, we get stopped on 4th down and the momentum completely shifts and gives Stanford the confidence that they can "keep up" with Oregon, both literally and psychologically.

I'll give it to Stanford, their defense showed up and held our offense under 40 points for the first time all year. But don't use the "if we didn't turn the ball over" excuse, because that's what our defense does.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Nov 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Lol John I respect your opinion, but Stanford is not the better team... Like Sin said, we were playing the worst game of the year and were still leading in the 4th quarter. Plus, if De'Anthony Thomas wasn't an idiot on that long should've-been TD run by Mariota and blocked the guy behind them instead of running ahead to celebrate, the game could've been COMPLETELY different. Instead, we get stopped on 4th down and the momentum completely shifts and gives Stanford the confidence that they can "keep up" with Oregon, both literally and psychologically.

I'll give it to Stanford, their defense showed up and held our offense under 40 points for the first time all year. But don't use the "if we didn't turn the ball over" excuse, because that's what our defense does.

I didnt say Stanford was the better team. I said they were the better team Sat. night. I just dont see how anyone who watched every play of that game would say anything different than that.

I didnt say Stanford was the better team. I said they were the better team Sat. night. I just dont see how anyone who watched every play of that game would say anything different than that.

Oh. Well we played like s**t so it's hard to argue against that.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

That game was a toss up, neither team convincingly outplayed the other.
Originally posted by DVDA:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8647316

0:26-28 The ball slides in his hands while his back is on the ground, out of bounds. He is holding the ball with his left thumb and index finger while his right hand slips into a fist. That's not possession in the real world, possession was right after that when he completely had control of the ball. He was out of bounds when he finally gained complete control of the ball. I don't know how they f**ked that call up.

AND the ruling on the field was an incompletion. Those refs were so god damn bad last night.

I wasn't rooting for Stanford or Oregon.

I say it was a catch.

And it was pass interference on Oregon's defender who made contact and started to tackle him before the ball gets there.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I say it was a catch.

And it was pass interference on Oregon's defender who made contact and started to tackle him before the ball gets there.

So the ball slipping in his hands when he is out of bounds somehow makes that a catch?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8647316

0:26-28 The ball slides in his hands while his back is on the ground, out of bounds. He is holding the ball with his left thumb and index finger while his right hand slips into a fist. That's not possession in the real world, possession was right after that when he completely had control of the ball. He was out of bounds when he finally gained complete control of the ball. I don't know how they f**ked that call up.

AND the ruling on the field was an incompletion. Those refs were so god damn bad last night.

I say it was a catch.

You're the first person outside of my uncle (who's a Stanford fan) who said it was a catch. Regardless, it should've never been overturned since the ruling on the field was an incompletion. That was horses**t.
So the ball slipping in his hands when he is out of bounds somehow makes that a catch?

I think he had control of the ball right as he landed on his back, before he was out of bounds.
You're the first person outside of my uncle (who's a Stanford fan) who said it was a catch. Regardless, it should've never been overturned since the ruling on the field was an incompletion. That was horses**t.

I've seen calls 1000x worse. It was a borderline call. Call it Oklahoma Karma.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]

He was on the ground with full possession before his left shoulder landed out of bounds.

It was a catch.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM ]

Hang in there DuckNiner. With Mariotta and DeAnthony Thomas coming back the sky is the limit next year.
Share 49ersWebzone