There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 California Golden Bears

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Where is this Hue Jackson s**t coming from. No!
definitely want Petersen, we've seen the product he can put out there with talent that isn't greater than what Cal has.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

RT @JohnHendersonDP: I'm hearing Cal will retain Jeff Tedford. Colorado hoped to hire him as offensive coordinator. #cubuffs

f**k that dudes services
T's best games as HC of Cal http://www.mercurynews.com/cal-bears/ci_22035377/jeff-tedford-nine-memorable-games-cal-coach?source=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Originally posted by niners94:
Tedford just fired.

It's about TIME
Thank goodness. Time to get someone legit
i wonder how things would have played out if it had not been for those tree huggers that delayed the stadium getting renovated.
Mike McIntyre took sjsu from 1-11 to currently 9-2 and bowl bound for the first time in years. developing an nfl caliber qb, good recruiter. i hope he is considered.

Chris Peterson would be awesome too.

tedford did so much for cal though, sad to see him go but it was time.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
T's best games as HC of Cal http://www.mercurynews.com/cal-bears/ci_22035377/jeff-tedford-nine-memorable-games-cal-coach?source=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

My favorite CAL game was when they beat Tennessee in a rematch when the bears got smoked by them the previous year.

DeSean Jackson had a sick return that game also.

I was hungover from the previous night and I was able to wake up from my nap right before kick off
I'm sorry to hear about this, but it was not unexpected.

I don't know where it went wrong for Jeff Tedford. He was once the most loved of all coaches among Cal Alumni.

From most loved to fired. What went wrong? Where did it go wrong? How?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Coaches to look at:

Gus Malzahn (Arkansas State): 2012: 9-3, current 6 game WS. Hasn't scored below 34 points since late September. 2009-2011: Auburn (OC/QB)

Chad Morris (OC/QB coach Clemson): 9th in the nation in passing yards, 30th in rushing, 4th in points. 2010 as Tulsa OC 13th in passing and 15th in rushing, total offense 5th in nation. Currently highest paid assistant coach (1.3 million per year).

Sonny Dykes (LA tech): 2010: 5-7, 2011: 8-5, 2012: 9-2. 5th in passing yards, 12th in rushing, #1 in points. 2005-2006: Texas Tech (Co-OC/WR), 2007-2009 Arizona (OC/QB)

Darrell Hazell (Kent St) 2011: 5-7, 2012: 10-1. 11th in rushing yards, 32nd in points. 2005-2010: Ohio State (asst. HC/WR)

Dave Doeren (Northern Illinois): 2011: 11-3, 2012: 10-1. 10th in rushing, 11th in points. 2006-2010: Wisconsin (DC)
feel like this was more of an academic reason
Y'all should get Jim Tressel... Lulz
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Via SF Gate

Trying to identify possible candidates to succeed Tedford this early in the process is akin to throwing a plate of spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks. Those mentioned as possibilities, however remote or ridiculous, include Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera (a former Cal linebacker), San Jose State head coach Mike MacIntyre, Utah State head coach Gary Andersen, Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Dykes and Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart (a Stanford assistant under Jim Harbaugh).

Also on the plate are two former NFL coaches with ties to Cal: Steve Mariucci (the Bears' head coach in 1996) and Herman Edwards, a Cal defensive back in 1972 and '74.
Originally posted by Paul:
Via SF Gate

Trying to identify possible candidates to succeed Tedford this early in the process is akin to throwing a plate of spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks. Those mentioned as possibilities, however remote or ridiculous, include Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera (a former Cal linebacker), San Jose State head coach Mike MacIntyre, Utah State head coach Gary Andersen, Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Dykes and Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart (a Stanford assistant under Jim Harbaugh).

Also on the plate are two former NFL coaches with ties to Cal: Steve Mariucci (the Bears' head coach in 1996) and Herman Edwards, a Cal defensive back in 1972 and '74.

lulz

Mooch would be a horrible fit imo