LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

2012 California Golden Bears

After today I wish they would hire Greg Roman.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Cal will interview Kent State's coach today, appparently

Mike Silver from Yahoo says we'll have a coach before 12/8

Any other people we have interviewed?

Edit:

We interviewed sonny dykes too

Hazell was a receivers coach at Ohio state for seven years

Of the two which one do u like more rabbit?
[ Edited by toeshawn on Dec 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
San Jose mercury thinks Dykes is the lead candidate

I think I prefer Hazell
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Lol, no it was absolutely the right thing to do. Tedford's problem had nothing to do with selling the program...he could always recruit. He was a terrible game manager who snatched some big defeats out of the jaws of victory for Cal. Good riddance.

Meh...the root of the problem for Cal is the lack of financial support for the program. They have some of the lowest paid assistants in the PAC and lost a top recruiter to Wahington that really cost the program because the recruiter got paid better.

I'm sure Cal will hire some coach with good credentials, pay very little for assistants, and be in the same spot of mediocrity. You can hate me for saying that, but its the reality if a football program can't pay the entire staff top dollar.

And I say the samething for ASU as well. Our alumni association isn't strong enough to get the very best coaches so we will never be an elite program.

Nah, I don't hate you but Cal's problem hasn't been talent. I have never been a Tedford fan. He makes terrible in game decisions that cost his team wins.

Lol, ok the reason Cal can't compete is because they don't pay their assistants. I didn't actually think the point was worth addressing, but it was so obvious how could I have missed it? I guess they didn't put a dime into upgrading their facilities or stadium in the past few years. Obviously they have a rich alumni base that doesn't care.
[ Edited by dcsham on Dec 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by toeshawn:
San Jose mercury thinks Dykes is the lead candidate

I think I prefer Hazell

I like Dykes, he is one of the best offensive midns in college football. He was the OC for Arizona when Foles was tearing it up. He has kind of taken Mike Leach's system and tweaked it. He is fast rising coach that has done great things so far in a relatively yougn college career.

Hazell is a more experienced assistant coach, obviosuly his longest time was a WR coach under Tressell. But he seems to be rooted in the midwest/east.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
RT @CalBearsBANG SJSU's Mike MacIntyre tells BANG's Jimmy Durkin there has been preliminary contact with other schools. Won't say who. Figure Cal is one.

I get a bad feeling about dykes
Mac would be cool. I still feel there isn't anyone out there better than tedford
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
RT @McMurphyESPN Kent State's Darrell Hazell top choice at Purdue, sources told @ESPN. Decision expected by Wednesday
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
We interviewed mike macintyre last friday
RT @McMurphyESPN Kent State's Darrell Hazell top choice at Purdue, sources told @ESPN. Decision expected by Wednesday

Done deal. Glad you guys slept on Hazell and he came to Purdue.

Allen entering draft

Fuuuu
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think tedford still has a job if he doesn't get Allen, two years wasted with his brother at qb
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
RT @BrandonDunnNBC6 Various reports have #Latech FB coach Sonny Dykes leaving for Cal. @BleedTechBlue has confirmed a players meeting is scheduled for tonight.
RT @BrandonDunnNBC6 Various reports have #Latech FB coach Sonny Dykes leaving for Cal. @BleedTechBlue has confirmed a players meeting is scheduled for tonight.

cool. should be interesting to see how this plays out

Can't wait until the West Texan coach gets to meet Berkley
Share 49ersWebzone