LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

2012 California Golden Bears

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Paul:
Via SF Gate

Trying to identify possible candidates to succeed Tedford this early in the process is akin to throwing a plate of spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks. Those mentioned as possibilities, however remote or ridiculous, include Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera (a former Cal linebacker), San Jose State head coach Mike MacIntyre, Utah State head coach Gary Andersen, Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Dykes and Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart (a Stanford assistant under Jim Harbaugh).

Also on the plate are two former NFL coaches with ties to Cal: Steve Mariucci (the Bears' head coach in 1996) and Herman Edwards, a Cal defensive back in 1972 and '74.

lulz

Mooch would be a horrible fit imo

why is that?
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Paul:
Via SF Gate

Trying to identify possible candidates to succeed Tedford this early in the process is akin to throwing a plate of spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks. Those mentioned as possibilities, however remote or ridiculous, include Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera (a former Cal linebacker), San Jose State head coach Mike MacIntyre, Utah State head coach Gary Andersen, Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Dykes and Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart (a Stanford assistant under Jim Harbaugh).

Also on the plate are two former NFL coaches with ties to Cal: Steve Mariucci (the Bears' head coach in 1996) and Herman Edwards, a Cal defensive back in 1972 and '74.

lulz

Mooch would be a horrible fit imo

why is that?

overrated as a coach

has a chance to be a good recruiter i guess
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM ]
While we are all impatiently waiting for a new football coach, lets appreciate a real coach in Monty who consistently gets the best out of his players!
Greg Roman
Originally posted by dcsham:
Greg Roman

this would be bittersweet
Originally posted by AC49er:
While we are all impatiently waiting for a new football coach, lets appreciate a real coach in Monty who consistently gets the best out of his players!

or the rugby coach

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Lane Kiffin could use the help. Was his own worst enemy. RT@andrewperloff: @dpshow says USC will interview Jeff Tedford for OC position
Originally posted by Jcool:

Lane Kiffin could use the help. Was his own worst enemy. RT@andrewperloff: @dpshow says USC will interview Jeff Tedford for OC position

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Greg Roman

this would be bittersweet

You heard it here first
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

I don't place the season's failure on Lane. His dad royally messed up with preparation and defensive playcalling. LK's offensive playcalling was questionable but rational in hindsight. SC's line was as bad as I've ever seen it. They were being beat off the snap contently. They started only one player that had more than two years and he was hurt most of the season.

As for Cal, letting JT go was a mistake. I know changes needed to happen but Ted knew what he was doing and it's hard to sell your program to recruits when the University's support is dubious at best (facilities, field "my favorite field but the seats suck").

Originally posted by Geeked:

I don't place the season's failure on Lane. His dad royally messed up with preparation and defensive playcalling. LK's offensive playcalling was questionable but rational in hindsight. SC's line was as bad as I've ever seen it. They were being beat off the snap contently. They started only one player that had more than two years and he was hurt most of the season.

As for Cal, letting JT go was a mistake. I know changes needed to happen but Ted knew what he was doing and it's hard to sell your program to recruits when the University's support is dubious at best (facilities, field "my favorite field but the seats suck").

Lol, no it was absolutely the right thing to do. Tedford's problem had nothing to do with selling the program...he could always recruit. He was a terrible game manager who snatched some big defeats out of the jaws of victory for Cal. Good riddance.
Lol, no it was absolutely the right thing to do. Tedford's problem had nothing to do with selling the program...he could always recruit. He was a terrible game manager who snatched some big defeats out of the jaws of victory for Cal. Good riddance.

Meh...the root of the problem for Cal is the lack of financial support for the program. They have some of the lowest paid assistants in the PAC and lost a top recruiter to Wahington that really cost the program because the recruiter got paid better.

I'm sure Cal will hire some coach with good credentials, pay very little for assistants, and be in the same spot of mediocrity. You can hate me for saying that, but its the reality if a football program can't pay the entire staff top dollar.

And I say the samething for ASU as well. Our alumni association isn't strong enough to get the very best coaches so we will never be an elite program.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Meh...the root of the problem for Cal is the lack of financial support for the program. They have some of the lowest paid assistants in the PAC and lost a top recruiter to Wahington that really cost the program because the recruiter got paid better.

I'm sure Cal will hire some coach with good credentials, pay very little for assistants, and be in the same spot of mediocrity. You can hate me for saying that, but its the reality if a football program can't pay the entire staff top dollar.

And I say the samething for ASU as well. Our alumni association isn't strong enough to get the very best coaches so we will never be an elite program.

Nah, I don't hate you but Cal's problem hasn't been talent. I have never been a Tedford fan. He makes terrible in game decisions that cost his team wins.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Nah, I don't hate you but Cal's problem hasn't been talent. I have never been a Tedford fan. He makes terrible in game decisions that cost his team wins.

Cal will interview Kent State's coach today, appparently

Mike Silver from Yahoo says we'll have a coach before 12/8
Share 49ersWebzone