There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Like I said before... Name one team the Dream Team beat that had as much NBA experience as Team Brazil the other night?

International basketball is a whole new game ... Pulling up those stats don't mean much when the level of competition has increased so much.

I'm not saying Dream Team isn't better, I'm just saying this team today isn't losing by 25 like Pippen suggested. In a 7 game series , it is not a sweep.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Hakeem is from Nigeria.

And no one can guard Lebron or Durant on that team without freeing up another great scorer in Kobe or Melo. LebrOn wOuld demand double teams and is a great unselfish passer. If Durant is hot, his team can beat anyone. Much more speed On this team. And chandler may be weak on offense but can hold his own on defense.

The Dream Team didnt beat any one with NBA talent. Those were the years when cOllege basketball players could win it all for the USA. Those days are over.

For as much as I'm on Kobe's nuts he would still be guarded by Jordan in his prime and Kobe is past his.
2012 would have no answer for dream teams front court. I would bet on a sweep. I would never bet against Jordan or magic
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
2012 would have no answer for dream teams front court. I would bet on a sweep. I would never bet against Jordan or magic

This the 2012 team has no answer in the post against the 1992 team. The 2012 team would need Howard, Bynum, Rose, and Wade to have a chance
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Hakeem is from Nigeria.

And no one can guard Lebron or Durant on that team without freeing up another great scorer in Kobe or Melo. LebrOn wOuld demand double teams and is a great unselfish passer. If Durant is hot, his team can beat anyone. Much more speed On this team. And chandler may be weak on offense but can hold his own on defense.

The Dream Team didnt beat any one with NBA talent. Those were the years when cOllege basketball players could win it all for the USA. Those days are over.

For as much as I'm on Kobe's nuts he would still be guarded by Jordan in his prime and Kobe is past his.

Granted this conversation is barber shop talk....

Kobe is the 3rd best player on the team and Kobe is no joke as a spot up shooter either. Dream team would HAVE to double team Durant and/or Lebron.
Like I said before... Name one team the Dream Team beat that had as much NBA experience as Team Brazil the other night?

International basketball is a whole new game ... Pulling up those stats don't mean much when the level of competition has increased so much.

I'm not saying Dream Team isn't better, I'm just saying this team today isn't losing by 25 like Pippen suggested. In a 7 game series , it is not a sweep.

Yeah it really is, you are right on that one. Even though it was only the first time the USA ever assembled NBA players for the tournament so to them it was a whole new experience but that's kind of different. Also this original team was a huge reason as to why basketball is so popular around the globe now. International basketball was just at the beginning of it's stages back then you are right, but I think that team helped spark interest from around the globe. So maybe I'm just looking at the dream team as a whole being far more breath taking than this years, but I still think the size and strength of 92 would ware these guys down. 92 had all the scorers it needed. They could have kept up with the scoring of this years team imo. The difference is they had what this years team doesn't have and that's a down low presence. That's the game changer for me.

But yeah in the long run there's really no way to know though. Anybody's guess is as good as mine.
Hakeem is from Nigeria.

Granted this conversation is barber shop talk....

Kobe is the 3rd best player on the team and Kobe is no joke as a spot up shooter either. Dream team would HAVE to double team Durant and/or Lebron.
Exactly and the problem is that the 3 best players on the 2012 team would be relying on jumpers. Meanwhile the 1992 team could absolutely pound the paint with Barkley, Ewing, and Robinson. Who is going to defend those 3?
They almost got punked by Brazil. Most so called NBA analysts and experts have Brazil slated as the 4th or 5th best team in the tournament. So if they struggled to beat them how the hell would they beat the 1992 dream team?....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:02 AM ]
the1992 won't be able to handle this 2012 team if....Howard, Bynum, Wade and Rose were playing.

case closed.
2012 would have their s**t pushed in

This!
Originally posted by TheChozen:

This!

Agreed. The 1992 played defense back when they used to body everybody up without all the b******t flopping
Originally posted by TheChozen:

This!

Agreed. The 1992 played defense back when they used to body everybody up without all the b******t flopping

FWIW...... karl malone was one of the worst at that........................................... just saying.
if we had Howard, Bynum, Wade and Rose. I would go with the 2012 based solely on the athleticism that the 1992 team could in no way match up with. If it was a 7 game series it would be a close one
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
if we had Howard, Bynum, Wade and Rose. I would go with the 2012 based solely on the athleticism that the 1992 team could in no way match up with. If it was a 7 game series it would be a close one

But we don't have those guys....
could a '70's dream team beat the '92 dream team.......................