LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

1992 team wins 110 - 94.

The 2012 team is definitely talented, and having a player like LeBron will be difficult for any of the 1992 players to guard. The biggest difference is at the center position. Chandler/Davis vs. Ewing/Robinson is NO CONTEST.
Originally posted by dobo:
The 2012 team couldn't beat the 2008 team, much less the 1992 team. Though I think people do generally overrate the 1992 team somewhat.

when you reach legend status, you're not allowed to say anything remotely negative about them.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Dream Team is alot better, but this isn't the best roster Team USA could provide either.

Paul/Deron/Rose
Kobe/AI
Durant/Melo
LBJ/Lamarcus/Bosh
Dwight/Bynum

I'm not sure who would play SG but I put Iggy behind him simply for his D. I would include someone who can knock down 3s like Ray Ray but I think hes too old at this point.

DWill could play some 2 and Durant could and be an absolute nightmare on O.

I might take away Bosh and put in Klove. I think he has a better game for International play and is a beast at rebounding.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Dream Team is alot better, but this isn't the best roster Team USA could provide either.

Paul/Deron/Rose
Kobe/AI
Durant/Melo
LBJ/Lamarcus/Bosh
Dwight/Bynum

I'm not sure who would play SG but I put Iggy behind him simply for his D. I would include someone who can knock down 3s like Ray Ray but I think hes too old at this point.

I might take away Bosh and put in Klove. I think he has a better game for International play and is a beast at rebounding.

I think Westbrook has to have a spot on this team.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by j3xperience:

Paul/Deron/Rose
Kobe/AI
Durant/Melo
LBJ/Lamarcus/Bosh
Dwight/Bynum

I think Westbrook has to have a spot on this team.

I was thinking about adding him but I would replace AI with him just for defense. He is athletic but I feel he would want the ball wayyy too much.
they might be quicker and more athletic but i can't see them beating the dream team

chandler their only true center says it all..

--

watching that dream team documentary was great.. remember how competitive their practices were? jordan and barkley alone would not ALLOW this current squad to beat em..
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jul 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM ]
1992 Olympics (Barcelona) – The Dream Team Main article: 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team
In 1989, FIBA, international basketball's governing body, allowed professional NBA players to participate in the Olympics for the first time. Prior to the 1992 Summer Olympics, only European and South American professionals were allowed to play in the Olympics.

The team assembled by USA Basketball for the tournament in Barcelona in 1992 was one of the most illustrious collections of talent assembled in the history of international sport. Of the twelve players on the team, ten were named in 1996 among the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, the NBA's official list of the 50 greatest players of the league's first 50 years. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird served as co-captains.[14]

Because of this star line-up, the team's games usually featured opposing teams asking for pregame photos and autographs with their U.S. opponents—their idols. The USA team was so much better than the competition that head coach Chuck Daly did not call a single timeout during the tournament.[15] Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen became the first players to win both NBA championship and Olympic gold medal in the same year, having played for the Chicago Bulls.

Regarding drug-testing the athletes, according to USA Basketball spokesman Craig Miller, "Since 1990, all of our teams have been tested in competition. I believe since around 1988 we have also been subject to out-of-competition testing. We have been 100 percent fully compliant with USADA and WADA."[16]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It's not like it's out the realm of possibility that the 2012 team could beat the 1992 team.

If they played 100 times, I'd say the original dream team wins 80 times.
Kobe said this team could beat the dream team at least one game, 7 game series he didnt say this team could win
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Kobe said this team could beat the dream team at least one game, 7 game series he didnt say this team could win

Boom Bada Bing! Kobe say's to Jordan, "He know's I'm a bad motherf**ker."

When asked about his view on Jordan's comments, Kobe had this to say:

"So what, he knows I'm a bad motherf***er. I'm not really tripping. The fact is, they have Ewing and Robinson and those big guys, it's tough. If you're asking me, 'Can you beat them one game?' Hell yeah, we can beat them in one game. You didn't ask me if we could beat them in a 7-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it."

Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Boom Bada Bing! Kobe say's to Jordan, "He know's I'm a bad motherf**ker."

When asked about his view on Jordan's comments, Kobe had this to say:

"So what, he knows I'm a bad motherf***er. I'm not really tripping. The fact is, they have Ewing and Robinson and those big guys, it's tough. If you're asking me, 'Can you beat them one game?' Hell yeah, we can beat them in one game. You didn't ask me if we could beat them in a 7-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it."

That's not so unreasonable.
Pippen said 1992 team could beat 2012 team by 25 points.

Yeah right!!! 1992 wins but doesn't dominate by 25 points. Single digits IMO
Who's going to rebound for the 2012 team.
Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 'Dream Team' what do you think?

[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Jul 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM ]
Nope. After watching the Brazil game the answer is obvious.
Share 49ersWebzone