LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe made some waves recently when he declared that the 2012 U.S. Men's Basketball Team would beat the 1992 "Dream Team." There is no reason to begrudge Kobe for making the point: he's a competitor, and any competitor has to believe that they could defeat any opponent placed before him. But was what he said factually accurate? Let's take a look at the teams position-by-position and see who comes out on top.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/2012/07/11/kobe-bryant-suggests-2012-u-s-team-could-beat-1992-dream-team/
2012 would have their s**t pushed in
How bout we let the 2012 team actually PLAY a game before we crown their ass
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
i want whatever kobes smokin
Kobe would have been a nice backup for Jordan. They would have no chance against the Dream Team.
Who knows who would win. It would be a close game, though. By no means a landslide smashing of today's team. There's tons of talent on both sides. The original dream team would have problems keeping up with the speed on a roster of CP3/Westbrook/Kobe/Durant/Lebron. Even more problems if Dwight and Rose were in.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Most of the dream team was past their primed, plus the modern is just superior. But still not sure who would win.
I thought the writer of the blog was pretty fair in his evaluation.

It's easy to forget that Magic & Bird were well past their primes in '92. Still, advantage Dream Team though.
# of spanish chicks 'pregnated vs # of british chicks 'pregnated...

= don;t count ur chicks beofre their hatched, kobe!

/thread
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I thought the writer of the blog was pretty fair in his evaluation.

It's easy to forget that Magic & Bird were well past their primes in '92. Still, advantage Dream Team though.

Yes Bird and Magic were past their primes. But to say that the majority of the Dream Team were past their primes is simply not accurate. Virtually every player on that team were in their late 20s.

The DT would have been way too talented and big for this years team. Patrick Ewing and David Robinson vs Tyson Chandler? LOL When you add that to the fact that Michael Jordan WAS in his prime I think it would have been a pretty easy win for the 1992 team.

We could just simulate this on 2K12
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
We could just simulate this on 2K12

01 kings roster>>>>>
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes Bird and Magic were past their primes. But to say that the majority of the Dream Team were past their primes is simply not accurate. Virtually every player on that team were in their late 20s.

The DT would have been way too talented and big for this years team. Patrick Ewing and David Robinson vs Tyson Chandler? LOL When you add that to the fact that Michael Jordan WAS in his prime I think it would have been a pretty easy win for the 1992 team.

Ya, I think the writer was fair...I see about a 10-12 point differential there. They certainly weren't all past their primes, it's just that when you think of Magic & Larry, it's easy to remember them as better players than they actually were in '92. I'd LOVE to see a fully healthy '12 squad vs. '92 though, with Rose, Wade, & Howard in the mix.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Kobe would have been a nice backup for Jordan. They would have no chance against the Dream Team.

Oh damn you really burned Kobe there!
1992 team by 10

The 2012 team would have to have Howard to have a chance
Share 49ersWebzone