LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 260 users in the forums

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
We could just simulate this on 2K12

You have that game? Run'em!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Kobe would have been a nice backup for Jordan. They would have no chance against the Dream Team.

Oh damn you really burned Kobe there!

I wasnt trying to burn Kobe at all. He would have been a nice player off the bench because there is no chance he would have started ahead of Jordan.
1992 Dream Team FTW
1992 team by 10

The 2012 team would have to have Howard to have a chance

LOL Howard can't even decide on an NBA team, he'd wind up boycotting the Olympics due to a contract dispute (despite not making any money as an Olympian)

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
We could just simulate this on 2K12

You have that game? Run'em!

Not the '12 team, but close enough
Damn just stick Scottie on the starting 5 of 2012 team and call it a day. Never have I seen any one capable of doing anything close to what Pippen could do as defender
NO
Originally posted by marshniners24:
01 kings roster>>>>>

BEST PASSING TEAM IN NBA HISTORY WAAAAAADUUUUUUUUPP
I just can't in good conscience bet against Mike. But there is no way the Dream Team could check both Lebron and Durant. There is only one Scottie after all.
We will never know. But the game may be close than some suspect. This version is younger, faster and more athletic. They don't have as much length. But speed in transition has changed the game. Like the way the Heat play. And OKC very often too for example. I think the game is played differently now. It was mostly half court offense in 1992. The transition game is a big part of todays basketball. Not that they didn't push it then when they had the chance. It's just more often now. Guys like Lebron, Harden, Durant are perfect for todays game.
If it's both teams with all players in their primes the original Dream Team. It's it's about where the players were in their careers from both teams then i got it as a toss up.

Jordan: 1992 Dream Team better than 2012 USA squad-

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Michael Jordan said there's no way Kobe Bryant and this year's USA Olympic basketball team could've beaten the 1992 Dream Team.

Jordan told The Associated Press Thursday that he laughed - ``I absolutely laughed'' - when hearing Bryant's comments that the squad training in Las Vegas could take Jordan and company.

Jordan said there's ``no comparison'' which team is better.

``For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done,'' Jordan said prior playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Charlotte.

Jordan said the 1992 team, which included 11 future Hall of Famers and won its six Olympic games by an average of more than 43 points en route to capturing the gold medal, was a better overall team largely because of the experience it put on the floor.

``I heard Kobe say we were not athletic,'' said a smiling Jordan as he sat in a golf cart puffing on his cigar while waiting to tee off. ``But we were smart. He said we were too old, but I was 29 and in the prime of my career. Pip (Scottie Pippen) was 26 or 27, (Charles) Barkley was 29, Patrick (Ewing) was 29 and Chris Mullin was 29. Almost everybody was still in their twenties.''
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-olympics/20120712/BKO-Jordan-Dream.Team/?cid=hero_media
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
1992 team by 10

Patrick Ewing/David Robertson would make Dwight Howard look like a clown

That's one big reason why id take the Dream Team. There aren't any bigs that compare to the bigs of the 90s
Dwight howard wouldn't be a top 5 center if he played in the 90's
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
01 kings roster>>>>>

BEST PASSING TEAM IN NBA HISTORY WAAAAAADUUUUUUUUPP

They must have won a few titles. Oh wait.

Back to the topic, 1992 team would destroy the 2012 team. All you need to do is look down low to realize this. Lebron James, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and Tyson Chandler matched up against Charles Barkely, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing and David Robinson? Yeah the 92 team would obliterate the 12 team down low.

If these teams play a 7 game series, id expect the 2012 team to win 1 game. 2 tops.
Kobe is on crack
Originally posted by ImaMod:
1992 team by 10

Patrick Ewing/David Robertson would make Dwight Howard look like a clown

That's one big reason why id take the Dream Team. There aren't any bigs that compare to the bigs of the 90s
Dwight howard wouldn't be a top 5 center if he played in the 90's
Its hard to see modern centers matching up with Ewing, Robinson and Olajuwon. Plus a younger athletic Shaq!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone