There are 160 users in the forums

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

PG: Magic vs. D-Will
Push - D-Will is much more athletic as this point in his career vs. an old Magic, but Magic was the best facilitator of all time.

SG: Jordan vs. Kobe
Advantage Jordan - Jordan was younger at this point, in the midst of his prime = GOAT

SF: Pippen vs. Durant
Push - Pippen was significantly better on defense, but no-one, including Pippen, would stop Durant from getting off his shot.

PF: Barkley vs. James
Advantage James - Barkley was arguably the best player on the Dream Team, but James is still better IMO.

C: Ewingn vs. Chandler
Advantage Ewing - Ewing was a great center, where Chandler is just a defensive presence.

BENCH: '92 (Stockton, Malone, Drexler, Mullin, Bird, Ewing / Robinson, Laitner) vs. '12 (Westbrook, Harden, Iguadala, Griffin, Love, Anthony)
Advantage '92 - Stockton + Malone = Money, Robinson was a beast. Westbrook and Griffin would present matchup problems because of their athleticism, but overall, '92 bench was better.

OVERALL: '92 > '12

The only way I see the '12 team winning is if LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, and Griffin just were too fast and athletic for the older '92 team.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
How bout we let the 2012 team actually PLAY a game before we crown their ass

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Jordan: 1992 Dream Team better than 2012 USA squad-

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Michael Jordan said there's no way Kobe Bryant and this year's USA Olympic basketball team could've beaten the 1992 Dream Team.

Jordan told The Associated Press Thursday that he laughed - ``I absolutely laughed'' - when hearing Bryant's comments that the squad training in Las Vegas could take Jordan and company.

Jordan said there's ``no comparison'' which team is better.

``For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done,'' Jordan said prior playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Charlotte.

Jordan said the 1992 team, which included 11 future Hall of Famers and won its six Olympic games by an average of more than 43 points en route to capturing the gold medal, was a better overall team largely because of the experience it put on the floor.

``I heard Kobe say we were not athletic,'' said a smiling Jordan as he sat in a golf cart puffing on his cigar while waiting to tee off. ``But we were smart. He said we were too old, but I was 29 and in the prime of my career. Pip (Scottie Pippen) was 26 or 27, (Charles) Barkley was 29, Patrick (Ewing) was 29 and Chris Mullin was 29. Almost everybody was still in their twenties.''
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-olympics/20120712/BKO-Jordan-Dream.Team/?cid=hero_media

FWIW.... 29 year old chris mullin wasn't that athletic relative to everyone else on each team.

but ya.... the Centers are the difference.....
Pippen thinks he'd beat them by 25 points
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
PG: Magic vs. D-Will
Push - D-Will is much more athletic as this point in his career vs. an old Magic, but Magic was the best facilitator of all time.

SG: Jordan vs. Kobe
Advantage Jordan - Jordan was younger at this point, in the midst of his prime = GOAT

SF: Pippen vs. Durant
Push - Pippen was significantly better on defense, but no-one, including Pippen, would stop Durant from getting off his shot.

PF: Barkley vs. James
Advantage James - Barkley was arguably the best player on the Dream Team, but James is still better IMO.

C: Ewingn vs. Chandler
Advantage Ewing - Ewing was a great center, where Chandler is just a defensive presence.

BENCH: '92 (Stockton, Malone, Drexler, Mullin, Bird, Ewing / Robinson, Laitner) vs. '12 (Westbrook, Harden, Iguadala, Griffin, Love, Anthony)
Advantage '92 - Stockton + Malone = Money, Robinson was a beast. Westbrook and Griffin would present matchup problems because of their athleticism, but overall, '92 bench was better.

OVERALL: '92 > '12

The only way I see the '12 team winning is if LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, and Griffin just were too fast and athletic for the older '92 team.

Barkley better than Jordan in his prime?

Saw that
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I think he means as far as performance in the tournament.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I think he means as far as performance in the tournament.

Saw that

Not by that much. But they would win (92 team). The front line was far superior. Jordan in his prime. Pippen defending. 92 was a better team. So many guys are injured this year. It's not even the best 2012 team we could be. Minus Howard, Bosh, Wade, and maybe Griffin too now.
What was Kobe supposed to say "No we'd get our asses kicked?"

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
All I have to say is Patrick Ewing and David Robinson vs Tyson Chandler and Anthony Davis

Originally posted by ImaMod:
All I have to say is Patrick Ewing and David Robinson vs Tyson Chandler and Anthony Davis

LOL yeah thats all bad
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Could you imagine Davis trying to guard a young shaq..... His eyebrows would be catching shattered glass all night.
What was Kobe supposed to say "No we'd get our asses kicked?"

no kidding. If baseball was back on they wouldnt have talked about it so long. Its a non- story but they didnt have s**t else to talk about. I do agree with Charles though, maybe only Lebron, Kobe and Durant make the 92 team. I am sick of hearing about it on ESPN
Dream Team is alot better, but this isn't the best roster Team USA could provide either.
Share 49ersWebzone